U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM

8,260 posts, read 8,913,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Yes bc I don't lose money. See, I'm about getting to know someone & doing that over dinner on the first or second date is kind of boring. No need to spend 70 on a dinner for someone that may not have the best intentions. I'm more of a show me type of guy.
Where do you go on first dates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM

15,284 posts, read 21,839,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I don't accept drinks from men I'm not attracted to, so there's no need for me to "fake it".

You guys really kill me with getting upset at things said from women who would never put up with cheapness, but yet no one gets in a tizzy with terms like "narcissists", "pampered princesses", "prostitutes", "gold diggers", etc., that are just as equally degrading if not moreso.

The hypocrisy is amazing. *smh*
Expecting to be pampered on first dates is entitlement indictive of narcissism.

I'd hope shes including her expectations in any prior communication and profile.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM

6,474 posts, read 9,716,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Please. As if you have a broad pool of men available to you.
I do and without the help of online dating services I might add.

Quote:
I can tell you right now that most men with some measure of intelligence are going to frown upon your lower classed rhetoric. There certainly is someone for everyone and you're lucky for that.
Yeah, well, we're going to have to disagree on that.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:17 PM

24,501 posts, read 15,806,830 times
I'm going to have to ask my guy it bothered him that he paid for our first date.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:20 PM

19,081 posts, read 20,568,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I do and without the help of online dating services I might add.
Are you not an un/underemployed temp? C'mon, get real. You will date your own just like the vast majority on this planet.

Quote:
Yeah, well, we're going to have to disagree on that.
Maybe you should think about getting a job so you can feed yourself and not have to rely on random guys.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:24 PM

19,081 posts, read 20,568,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm going to have to ask my guy it bothered him that he paid for our first date.
Show him the posts in this thread by some of the women and ask him how he would like to be spoken of in that regard. I can't imagine any man appreciating cr*p talk.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Show him the posts in this thread by some of the women and ask him how he would like to be spoken of in that regard. I can't imagine any man appreciating cr*p talk.
I KNOW how he would respond to that! If he thought I even had thoughts like that, he still would have paid the bill, but as he was running for the door...

On the matter of paying for the first date I'm 90% sure what he will answer... but with some of these guys posts I'm curious.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:39 PM

21,199 posts, read 19,320,911 times
I've been thinking about this... I'm not even sure how someone could pamper me on a first date. I think that if I had a first date with someone and he pulled out all the stops and dropped a lot of money on me - I wouldn't trust him. That's what you do when you know someone, you know what they like, and you want to make them feel special. I wouldn't feel special if someone did all that on a first date - I'd think that he probably did this sort of thing a lot and it wasn't really for me in particular. To really pamper someone - you have to know them a bit.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:40 PM

17,868 posts, read 16,476,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I KNOW how he would respond to that! If he thought I even had thoughts like that, he still would have paid the bill, but as he was running for the door...

On the matter of paying for the first date I'm 90% sure what he will answer... but with some of these guys posts I'm curious.
I don't know. Every one of these threads are the same to me. They're just worded differently and my posts are slightly different.

I pay for the date, whether I asked or she asked, no questions asked.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't know. Every one of these threads are the same to me. They're just worded differently and my posts are slightly different.

I pay for the date, whether I asked or she asked, no questions asked.
I'm of the camp that the man pays for the first few dates (or whomever asks).

It may be archaic, but to me it shows he is genuinely interested. I like a guy to woo me... so shoot me. But when I like a guy, I like to take care of him in return.

But I don't go out with guys I'm not interested in and will have spoken to them quite a bit before going out with them.

I'm not entitled to anything, beside the decision on whether I like the guy.

I've never had the issue come up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or