Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 05:21 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So - this is the original quote. I agree with him. If men think that a woman owes him anything because he picked up the tab on a date - he should just go date a prostitute. Dating isn't about owing someone something. If someone pays - it should be because they are being generous - not because they want something in return. I actually think this is a good lesson for life in general. However, until I'm actually pretty close with someone - I'm not comfortable with them spending a lot on me or anything. So I get the reverse point of view to a certain point.

See - you basically called him a liar. Not sure why. Not all men are the same. I'm sorry if you've had bad luck with men in the past - but I assure you - there are good ones out there. And if anything - he was insulting the men who expect something from a woman and not the women at all.

I think we all need to take a step back. My favorite color is purple! (that's what I say when things get uncomfortable...)

I don't care about his original quote. I care about the crap he said after it, why don't you read that as well. He was taking it personally that I called him a liar as if it was something about him specifically and it's actually not about him at all... I get sick of people telling me how I should think, I don't tell others how they should think. If they CHOOSE to agree or disagree otherwise then that is their buisness. Assuming everyone on here is going off of their own experiences, I am going off of mine as well.When and if I ever come to know differently, I will let you know. Saying that 'there's good men out there' and assuring me of such, is your opinion and your experience.

My favorite color is blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 05:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't care about his original quote. I care about the crap he said after it, why don't you read that as well. He was taking it personally that I called him a liar as if it was something about him specifically and it's actually not about him at all... I get sick of people telling me how I should think, I don't tell others how they should think. If they CHOOSE to agree or disagree otherwise then that is their buisness. Assuming everyone on here is going off of their own experiences, I am going off of mine as well.When and if I ever come to know differently, I will let you know. Saying that 'there's good men out there' and assuring me of such, is your opinion and your experience.

Okay... but just for future reference - most people take it personally when you call them a liar - no matter if you mean it specifically or generally. It's just not a very nice thing to say to anyone.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Ugg, that was after you attacked me for saying that I pay for the first date. That was after you attacked me for no reason. Remember? That was when nothing I said mattered. You had your mind made up and there was no compromise. Then you used my name in another little rant..So please spare me the tears. You brought this on yourself. Next time pick better battles. I was never against you like you thought I was.

I didn't attack you. Yes I have my mind made up on the matter, the same as you. You had a problem with my original opinion of not accepting a man paying for me on dates and started talking about if people think someone owes them something then, blah blah blah. Without ever considering that YES SOME people do think if a person pays for them it is uncomfortable and this doesn't equate to anything more than that.

All of this 'spare me the tears and pick your battles' is B.S. this is a message board for God's sake. I am not picking any battles or crying over anything.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
My favorite colors are blue and purple. lol.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Okay... but just for future reference - most people take it personally when you call them a liar - no matter if you mean it specifically or generally. It's just not a very nice thing to say to anyone.

Yea well neither was the crap that he said. So call it square.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
My favorite colors are blue and purple. lol.
I also like red.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
I also like red.
I don't look good in red. I look good in purple and blue

Old 02-17-2012, 06:02 PM

460 posts, read 671,844 times
Quote:

I won't tell you how to think. I was suggesting you step back and think about your words because they sounded a little crazy. I thought maybe you were just getting riled up by one poster and didn't mean what you said. I guess I was wrong. But please carry on...Who am I to stop you from portraying yourself as a scorned bitter woman with a very large chip on her shoulder. It's entertaining to say the least

All the best

Old 02-17-2012, 06:05 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:

I don't know anyone who won't take it personally when called a liar. I'm sorry you have had bad experiences with men. But I'm obligated to call you out with painting with such a broad brush... I've done it numerous times with the men here.

My favorite color is green.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:06 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
You can never go wrong with black!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships