Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 06:16 PM

434 posts, read 684,723 times

Advertisements

I think this thread went black and blue, real fast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 06:55 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Actually, I see a big disconnect between the way many men behave on these boards and my own experience. Sorry, but as others have pointed out, the extent to which a few people pizz and moan about who pays for what is grossly out of proportion to reality. All of this whining is the self-indulgent nattering of a mere handful of people with axes to grind, many (if not most) of whom have never managed to form a steady relationship.
Now you are delving into territories I couldn't possibly care less about. When they create a thread seeking advice, I'd oblige. Until then, I'll agree or disagree with what they post, but for now, I'm not particularly concerned about their success or failure in dating.

It's one thing to have an opinion about people's dating lives based on what they post, but it's another thing to post those assumptions. The latter is somewhat rude IMO especially when you consider the fact that you don't know these people.

Having to listen to people constantly complain about others yammering is far more nauseating than listening to the actual yammering if there's any. If you're sick of reading their repetitive comments, you're more than welcome to ignore the person.

However, I see people go on and on about how a poster constantly sends them PMs with the intention of arguing, and how they're done reasoning with him and so on and so forth, but then go ahead and reply to one of his posts right after. That's weak.

And don't get me started on the absurd implication that someone who sent you a PM with the intent of having gender related argument was actually trying to hit on you. Talk about narcissism.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:43 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you all are the kings of 'say one thing, do another' so with that in mind, I would only be content with paying for my own meal and him doing the same. (I don't date btw). It is just a way to have clean break from each other and that way he cannot come back and say I owe him for something (sexual or non sexual). If he was uncomfortable with that line of thinking, then too bad I guess.
Don't you think that's a little harsh? Into every woman's life, a jerk will fall. It's the law of averages. But there are some really terrific men out there. Good men, men who do the right thing. After futzing around on these boards for a couple of years now, I can tell you who those are likely to be, here, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Now you are delving into territories I couldn't possibly care less about. When they create a thread seeking advice, I'd oblige. Until then, I'll agree or disagree with what they post, but for now, I'm not particularly concerned about their success or failure in dating.

It's one thing to have an opinion about people's dating lives based on what they post, but it's another thing to post those assumptions. The latter is somewhat rude IMO especially when you consider the fact that you don't know these people.

Having to listen to people constantly complain about others yammering is far more nauseating than listening to the actual yammering if there's any. If you're sick of reading their repetitive comments, you're more than welcome to ignore the person.

However, I see people go on and on about how a poster constantly sends them PMs with the intention of arguing, and how they're done reasoning with him and so on and so forth, but then go ahead and reply to one of his posts right after. That's weak.

And don't get me started on the absurd implication that someone who sent you a PM with the intent of having gender related argument was actually trying to hit on you. Talk about narcissism.
Your last line leads me to believe you're confusing me with someone else. I would never make that assumption, and I would have to ask you to show me where I've said anything to indicate that I would. I do know when someone is trolling me by PM, though. There's one person here who makes a hobby of doing that to women who disagree with him. He does it to be obnoxious and to get attention, not to hit on people. He's also too cowardly to take on the men here who disagree with him. Ninety-nine times out of 100, when he starts his little "debates," it's with women, even though men here will say exactly what the women say. Rarely does he bother a man that way, which tells me he has an axe to grind with women and not a point to make in general.

That said, I can point you to the ones who have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend because they've said as much themselves. Others make it painfully clear with the questions they ask.

Last edited by Yzette; 02-17-2012 at 07:55 PM..

Old 02-17-2012, 07:54 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Quote:
Don't you think that's a little harsh? Into every woman's life, a jerk will fall. It's the law of averages. But there are some really terrific men out there. Good men, men who do the right thing. After futzing around on these boards for a couple of years now, I can tell you who those are likely to be, here, too.

Your last line leads me to believe you're confusing me with someone else. I would never make that assumption, and I would have to ask you to show me where I've said anything to indicate that I would. I do know when someone is trolling me by PM, though. There's one person here who makes a hobby of doing that to women who disagree with him. He does it to be obnoxious and to get attention, not to hit on people. He's also too cowardly to take on the men here who disagree with him. Ninety-nine times out of 100, when he starts his little "debates," it's with women, even though men here will say exactly what the women say. Rarely does he bother a man that way, which tells me he has an axe to grind with women and not a point to make in general.

That said, I can point you to the ones who have never had a girlfriend because they've said as much themselves. Others make it painfully clear with the questions they ask.
Actually, my last two paragraphs weren't about you at all. I apologize for giving that impression.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:57 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Actually, my last two paragraphs weren't about you at all. I apologize for giving that impression.
No worries.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Default Normal...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Dutch on first date is normal.
Boy, have times changed. I never expected...or allowed...anyone to pay for the meal, or anything else, on the first date or the 25th date... there is such a lack of chivalry in the world anymore...it's really sad this has to be an issue for women these days.
Koale

Old 02-17-2012, 08:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Well - I hope it wasn't about me, either! I never thought he was hitting on me! And I don't mind debating people out in the open on the forum - it's the PM's that I won't partake in anymore by someone who is just trying to get a rise out of me.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
"I feel so bad, you keep paying all the time, would you like me to pay?"

"No, it's fine" <winks>

"Thank you"

Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 PM

434 posts, read 684,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Boy, have times changed. I never expected...or allowed...anyone to pay for the meal, or anything else, on the first date or the 25th date... there is such a lack of chivalry in the world anymore...it's really sad this has to be an issue for women these days.
Koale
Definition of CHIVALRY from Webster's online dictionary.

: mounted men-at-arms

archaic a : martial valor b : knightly skill

: gallant or distinguished gentlemen

: the system, spirit, or customs of medieval knighthood

: the qualities of the ideal knight : chivalrous conduct

Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:

That said, I can point you to the ones who have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend because they've said as much themselves. Others make it painfully clear with the questions they ask.
will repeat myself and say again: everyone is going off of their own experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships