Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 AM

6 posts, read 5,276 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm a newbie in this site and fortunately read your thread.

It is really sad that you encountered such a problem. Well, actually most of us are experiencing such problems and finally turned out okay when the right time has finally come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Weren't you the one who posted 90% of guys are chasing 10% of the women?

That view is so skewed I wouldn't know where to start. But you must be one of the delusional 90% who is chasing a mere 10% of the female market.

IF you're numbers were true (and they're not) than most men are idiot's to be chasing women out their league.
I posted that. And I hope you read it twice and learn something.

Yes most men are delusional and chasing women out of their league.

They spend countless hours viewing strxppers and cxnterfolds and have found that is what they are attracted to, and all be dammmed....that is what they want. Is this news to you?

Factor in also that most men also crave variety with every ounce of their being, and....well there. I just explained the dating world to you.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Do dogs have emotions?
Of course. What is emotion if not instinct?

What dogs lack is abstract reasoning, so they can't crawl inside their own heads and rationalize their way into blame and bitterness - they just keep going and maybe learn from obvious mistakes.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Of course. What is emotion if not instinct?

What dogs lack is abstract reasoning, so they can't crawl inside their own heads and rationalize their way into blame and bitterness - they just keep going and maybe learn from obvious mistakes.
Emotions get in the way of instinct. Besides isn't that same abstract meaning that makes us humans believe we are special? That there's more to life then just living like a dog or any animal that's just trying to survive? Dogs don't care about much, they just eat, sleep, crap get laid and that's it. It's our abstract reasoning that gives us this belief that there's more of our lives than that.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

They spend countless hours viewing strxppers and cxnterfolds and have found that is what they are attracted to, and all be dammmed....that is what they want. Is this news to you?

Factor in also that most men also crave variety with every ounce of their being, and....well there. I just explained the dating world to you.

You explained YOUR dating world to me.

Not mine.

I think there is a subset of posters here that think that what they go through applies to everyone. With maturity you learn that your reality is not everyones. How in the world would you come up with numbers that 90% of men go after 10% of women? I can put numbers before my opinions too, and it would mean nothing also.

Sure guys like to look at other women. Duh. Women like to look at other men. Double-duh.

You act like it is some form on enlightenment to realize that.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:30 AM

391 posts, read 687,843 times
Quote:

I have to speculate on what type of men you have been associating with given that these sweeping generalizations apply only to a small subset.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:34 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:

And, I could go ahead and replace "men" with "women," make a few contextual changes, and go off of sweeping generalizations and say similar things about women expecting men out of their league and tell you I just explained the whole dating world; I'd be just as wrong as you are...

Old 02-17-2012, 11:37 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
[font=Arial]Every time I’ve allowed myself to like a girl, the girl shows disinterest in having a relationship

Yesterday, I got definitively friend-zoned...

...The Catch-22 of dating is that you want to date someone who you’re strongly attracted to yet that simply increases the risk of experiencing unrequited love. I really don’t know how to solve that.

go all emo on a girl and she won't want anything to do with you.

Quote:
My new rule is to avoid dating women and avoid forming friendships with physically attractive women.
ok

Quote:
Have I become bitter? Sure, but am I to be blamed for how other women have treated me?
Yes to both questions.

Quote:
So that’s my mini-rant. Thanks for reading. I look forward to any comments and suggestions.
Quit listening to women's advice on dating, for starters. Most of these thread responses seem to be written by women who've never attempted to seduce a woman before, and have no idea what it is like.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
Every time I’ve allowed myself to like a girl, the girl shows disinterest in having a relationship. I’m smart enough to avoid developing affection for attached women but single girls are no more receptive to dating.

Yesterday, I got definitively friend-zoned by someone who I’d been hanging out with for months. We seem to have some chemistry together; we have similar hobbies and goals. Yet, she gave me a lame excuse for not wanting to date me: she doesn’t want to experience the drama of a relationship—supposedly, her previous boyfriends had left her jaded (yes, I realize the irony). It really hurts to have experienced so much affection for someone only to have the door shut so decisively. I really think I’ve done everything to attract her but apparently, even that’s not enough.

Of course, this isn’t a unique experience. Ever since high school (I’m in my early 20s now), I’ve developed attraction for women who subsequently fall for other men. I didn’t know they were not interested in me nor did I know that I would be seduced by their personalities.

The Catch-22 of dating is that you want to date someone who you’re strongly attracted to yet that simply increases the risk of experiencing unrequited love. I really don’t know how to solve that. I can always date someone I’m not interested in (of course I won’t get hurt if I go after her). But what’s the point of dating someone you can’t fall in love with? However, I find that I’m too susceptible to getting hurt and disappointed.

My new rule is to avoid dating women and avoid forming friendships with physically attractive women. Frankly, I doubt I’ll be able to be romantically attracted to unattractive women.

Have I become bitter? Sure, but am I to be blamed for how other women have treated me? I don’t see how I harm society by being bitter about dating. I’ll just spend more time working, studying, and spending time with friends. My boss, my grades, and friends will certainly welcome this change.

So that’s my mini-rant. Thanks for reading. I look forward to any comments and suggestions.

EDIT: Jeremy Lin's my new idol. He didn't waste his youth dating. Instead, he studied and played ball. Now he's earning millions.

Tsk...your giving up too easy. If you can't make huge sums of money after the first few years/tries like your idol will you be bitter about it?

Take a lesson from Jeremy Lin, the reason why he's so successful right now is because he believed in himself. By affirming his beliefs in himself he created the consistency needed to become successful. This is not just with the recent outcome in his NBA career, follow him back to his college years and you'll see that pattern.

Now onto chicks.. you need to stop being so eager about meeting some of these girls. Learn to "feign indifference" (after awhile you won't being feigning it at all!) when it comes to females. There's so much out there in this world, work hard, travel, have fun with your friends and lead an interesting life.. No reason a young man in his early twenties should think like this, but it's quite common.

I'm going to be realistic with you right now, why should you have so many emotions for a girl that you haven't gotten to third base with yet? Your making her out to be something more than what she is. You and some members of the forum might find that to be callous but it's the absolute truth.

There are lot's of interesting and well meaning posters here but it's not the best place to get the proper advice that you need (as a man).

Just remember..one reason people end up so bitter from "dating" is because they don't open themselves up after being "hurt" so they have something of regression in their perspective. It's a disgusting hang up that just leads to more unnecessary baggage.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Tsk...your giving up too easy. If you can't make huge sums of money after the first few years/tries like your idol will you be bitter about it?

Take a lesson from Jeremy Lin, the reason why he's so successful right now is because he believed in himself. By affirming his beliefs in himself he created the consistency needed to become successful. This is not just with the recent outcome in his NBA career, follow him back to his college years and you'll see that pattern.

Now onto chicks.. you need to stop being so eager about meeting some of these girls. Learn to "feign indifference" (after awhile you won't being feigning it at all!) when it comes to females. There's so much out there in this world, work hard, travel, have fun with your friends and lead an interesting life.. No reason a young man in his early twenties should think like this, but it's quite common.

I'm going to be realistic with you right now, why should you have so many emotions for a girl that you haven't gotten to third base with yet? Your making her out to be something more than what she is. You and some members of the forum might find that to be callous but it's the absolute truth.

There are lot's of interesting and well meaning posters here but it's not the best place to get the proper advice that you need (as a man).

Just remember..one reason people end up so bitter from "dating" is because they don't open themselves up after being "hurt" so they have something of regression in their perspective. It's a disgusting hang up that just leads to more unnecessary baggage.
Why would you want to do that? If he wants to give up he should just give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships