Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM

213 posts, read 1,104,161 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering what anyone's opinon would be of a male that is almost 30 years old who is not married and single. Is it still possible to find someone and get married at this age. I almost feel like I missed my chances in my 20's. Where did the time go? Thing is I'm not very aggressive in trying to find a partner. I would like to find someone, but feel like a lot of time has passed and most people in my age range from say 25-30 are married or very close to it. It's almost like there are no young girls that are single anymore. It's tough to find someone that fits my criteria and is still single.

Should I feel bad about this at this point in my life?

If gets me down a great deal of the time. I always find people asking me if I am married and/or have kids. And they seemed shocked that I am not/give me a hard time about it. Makes me feel like sh@it.

I def did not follow the cookie cutter lifestyle as most do. I'm pretty independent I guess you could say.

Just wondering if there is hope. I'm a normal guy and find that people seem to think of me as attractive, but I just don't know.

Is that part of life over for someone in this situation? I mean no more dating..and just living life solo until death?

Very, very discouraged with the situation.

Thanks for your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 06:59 PM

48,292 posts, read 34,418,461 times
Absolutely. But if you're not really looking, you won't find it.

I'm curious...

Because marriage seems important to you, why aren't you doing more?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:03 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,529,192 times
Is this a serious question? 30 is definitely not too old for a man to find a wife.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Absolutely. But if you're not really looking, you won't find it.

I'm curious...

Because marriage seems important to you, why aren't you doing more?
Hey Mikala43,

I was wondering did you mean absolutely in that there is hope or not?

I'm looking but with my job I never have much time.

I actually don't even know how to go about finding someone.

so sick of the bar scence and that never works for me.

What does one do to find a mate in life these days?

Just ask random women out whereever you go?

So confused...

Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Is this a serious question? 30 is definitely not too old for a man to find a wife.
Yes this is a serious question. In the past few years people have given me a lot of stuff for being single. They act like it is so easy to find someone.

I'm very concerned. It could be 50-60 more years of being solo. Everyone is married or in a LTR around my age...everyone. Fat, skinny, attractive, ugly, every race, everybody is....but I struggle so bad with it.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:06 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,327,822 times
Here's the truth, learn it well or suffer the consequences...

In life, attitude is everything.

And we generate the results in life we think we deserve.

When you really believe you deserve something and quit being your own biggest obstacle to obtaining it, you will find what you want if you are willing to work at it.

DO NOT be like the bitter men who post here all the time - they are are their own worst enemies but refuse to believe that.

They would rather blame other people and circumstances for why they don't have what they want. And because they won't take personal responsibility for their own happiness they will remain bitter and alone becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy

You need to work hard to overcome any tendency to be negative on this. Sure it's normal to get discouraged, but you cannot live there okay? 30 is still very young!

My 45 year old male cousin just married the love of his life. We all thought he'd be a confirmed bachelor forever, but 2 years ago he met the most amazing woman. She is 38 and has never been married either. So see, it does happen

Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM

48,292 posts, read 34,418,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
Hey Mikala43,

I was wondering did you mean absolutely in that there is hope or not?

I'm looking but with my job I never have much time.

I actually don't even know how to go about finding someone.

so sick of the bar scence and that never works for me.

What does one do to find a mate in life these days?

Just ask random women out whereever you go?

So confused...

Oops!

Absolutely there is hope! You are young.

I was married for 18 years, widowed at 40, decided to start dating at 42.

There was no one in my day-to-day life to date, never met anyone at a bar I was interested. So I did online dating. I understand that venue seems to be easier for women than men.

You do come across as some what depressed (and a nice guy) - are you?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,933,916 times
If 30 was too old to find a wife then I'm screwed.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,309,610 times
Well, 75-80% of women your age are already married. So, with each passing year, it'll get increasingly difficult to meet a woman to get married to. So you better get looking sooner rather than later.

This is why I think people should be married by their late 20s, to avoid things like this. Sure you may have had all that "fun" earlier in life but you end up empty handed as an unmarried and childless person at the age of 30.

Plus when you wait even longer to have children, you'll be in your 50s by the time your kids are all grown up.

Just like my uncle, he's 48, never been married and is childless. He and his girlfriend JUST got engaged after 6 years together. Why they waited so long before getting engaged is beyond me. But she's already been married before though but he wasted all this time and should have gotten married 25 years ago. Now he's too old to have children. Better late than never though.

What were you doing during your 20s that you couldn't find a wife anyway?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 PM

526 posts, read 952,614 times
You are a man so there's more hope for you, MHO.

But I feel your pain, OP, maybe VD had you re-thinking your life. It definetely had that effect on me. Do you go out and do the things that you enjoy it? Have you thought of online dating? If does not work for everybody and I must warn you: If you do not have a tought skin, don't go there. People lie, are mean, you get a lot of dissapointments, but as LovesMountain said, it's all about attitude. I KNOW my perfect man is out there, I just have not met him yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships