Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 AM

366 posts, read 645,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swack View Post
In America if I'm not mistaken white males overwhelmingly prefer white women and white women overwhelmingly prefer white males. This I believe is supported in marriage statistics. It is only when dating outside do white women prefer latino males.

Regarding your second point, I think we are making progress. Albeit slower than it could be, but people are beginning to come around. It takes time for socio/cultural stereotypes to change. Race and attraction ARE closely related, however picking a partner and getting married involves factors other than attraction.
The stats say that although Latinos make up 17% of the population they are involved in 60% of all interracial marriages or higher yearly. They are mainly dispersed in 5 geo-areas, The Southwest. 1 in 5 Latinos out married last year. This number is pretty identical on a year end -year out basis. For whites its 9.4% for Latinos its hovering around 25-28% of all marriages. When people out marry they mainly out marry Latinos, primarily in the Southwest < Mexicans >.

Now that 60% figure I believe is for a year when Hispanics made up 41% of the interracial marriages between whites/Latinos, which was low, since yearly 50% is the average white-Hispanic share of all interracial marriages. Basically on a standard year Latinos would make up 70% of all out marriage partners. Which seems unusual.

IN California the number of interracial marriages had a Latino as a partner in 75-78% yearly for decades. This when Latinos had 20-30% of the population of the state. Whats being said here is that 4 out of 5 people who married someone of another race, married a Latino partner.

Attraction and Marriage

The previous poster made good points that they aren't always similar. However it can also be said that most child bearing years and when people marry are their "prime years" the years they are most fertile, attractive and appealing to the opposite sex. Those years work better in Latinos favor across the board: I am not trying to be racist, heres WHY:

Latina women are extremely attractive from the ages of 15-27. After this they blow up like a balloon, gaining weight. Prior this most are petite and slender.

Now it just a theory of mine, but I can tell you having lived , breed and borne with Latinos, at those ages their is no close match to the attraction they garner across all boards. White-Black-Asian-Latinos. Fierce competition in the Latino community for a mate leads to women who are ever more attractive due to up keeping their style, makeup and bodies. Everything is played up from the legs to the face in getting attention because the Latina women are competing against what society says is the most attractive woman: White women for their own race of men when whites have been the standard of beauty for females forever.

Now their aren't tons of story's-articles and such on the subject but I can tell you first hand their is alot of animosity in the culture against thieving of partners by other races, since usually the person being taken out, is a very handsome or beautiful person. This resent can be very quiet but it is there. Just thoughts on experiencing the Interracial phenomena , that Latinos bring to America from the inside.

White Women Preferring White Men

Obviously when dating them is their only option and their aren't Latino males to breed with. Remember, Latinos only reside in 5 states in America and their numbers outside these states are low. That leaves 45 states that whites have only black and Asians to breed with and well we have already said that number is low and that white women don't date-marry Asians much at all. Which is why:

White Interracial marriage outside of the west is low. Because primarily outside the west it involves White Males and Asian Females. So a segment is not as involved in the marriage-dating-breeding, leading to low numbers nationwide, outside the Southwest. When the white stats in the west are computed they are double as high in those states because, both white males and females< 8-10% higher than males> are equally marrying Latinos.

Do I Believe its Getting Better?

For Black males. Black females are worse off as are Asian males. Both those groups are being outcast in the IR stats and their own race is doing the out casting. This leads to serious animosity with the majority culture and their own people.

For those numbers to feather out it will take generations. In the meantime many Black Females and Asian males will face the prospect of never finding a mate.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:13 AM

219 posts, read 331,546 times
I never disagreed that Whites/Hispanics make up the majority of interracial marriages in America. However my point was that whites only inter-marry 9% of the time (according the pew study at the beginning of this thread). White females only inter-marry 20% of the time. So implicitly, 80% of white females marry white males. Of the interracial marriages, the majority are white/hispanic (as you pointed out ~60%). This number is imbalanced and outweighs the actual percentage of hispanics in America (which you also pointed out). I agree with all of this. This is what makes these statistics so interesting because there is a clear racial bias in mate selection that is statistically significant.

What I find is that people choose their mates who are most similar to them. Ignoring same-race similarities, people will generally choose mates who have similar religion/beliefs/status/income/backgrounds. I also want to point out that California and Texas are both border states which large hispanic populations. There is a long history of interracial mingling in this region of the US. Hell, Texas used to be a part of Mexico.

We ARE making strides. In the pew study, it states that in 1986, only 33% of people viewed interracial marriage as acceptable. In 2012 (the time of the pew study), 63% of people viewed it as acceptable. While 63% is a vast improvement from 33%, I still believe it is unacceptable and shows that 37% or greater than 1/3 of people openly admit to disapproving a marriage based on race alone.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
Latina women are extremely attractive from the ages of 15-27. After this they blow up like a balloon, gaining weight. Prior this most are petite and slender.

Now it just a theory of mine, but I can tell you having lived , breed and borne with Latinos, at those ages their is no close match to the attraction they garner across all boards. White-Black-Asian-Latinos. Fierce competition in the Latino community for a mate leads to women who are ever more attractive due to up keeping their style, makeup and bodies. Everything is played up from the legs to the face in getting attention because the Latina women are competing against what society says is the most attractive woman: White women for their own race of men when whites have been the standard of beauty for females forever.

Now their aren't tons of story's-articles and such on the subject but I can tell you first hand their is alot of animosity in the culture against thieving of partners by other races, since usually the person being taken out, is a very handsome or beautiful person. This resent can be very quiet but it is there. Just thoughts on experiencing the Interracial phenomena , that Latinos bring to America from the inside.
Latin women ARE the most attractive between those ages, however so are all other women. Those ages are the prime fertility ages for any race of women.

Quote:
Do I Believe its Getting Better?

For Black males. Black females are worse off as are Asian males. Both those groups are being outcast in the IR stats and their own race is doing the out casting. This leads to serious animosity with the majority culture and their own people.

For those numbers to feather out it will take generations. In the meantime many Black Females and Asian males will face the prospect of never finding a mate.
Black females and Asian males are worse off in dating and marriage. You are right in that this is perpetuated by the opposite sex of their own races. I know many self-loathing Asian females who hate their own culture and refuse to date Asian males. I also know successful Black females who have problems finding a mate because of the concept of hypergamy..

However you make it sound like being Hispanic is the end-all be-all and if you are a Black female or Asian male, you are doomed . While I agree it is an uphill battle, it is not as bad as you make it seem .

Old 04-16-2013, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Latin women ARE the most attractive between those ages, however so are all other women. Those ages are the prime fertility ages for any race of women.

Black females and Asian males are worse off in dating and marriage. You are right in that this is perpetuated by the opposite sex of their own races. I know many self-loathing Asian females who hate their own culture and refuse to date Asian males. I also know successful Black females who have problems finding a mate because of the concept of hypergamy..

However you make it sound like being Hispanic is the end-all be-all and if you are a Black female or Asian male, you are doomed . While I agree it is an uphill battle, it is not as bad as you make it seem .
That wasn't my intention. Actually like always its WHITE FEMALES who are the biggest winners. They apparently have their choice of the best of all men. We can say that men are conquerors but in realty its women who do the choosing and women whom pick their mates. IMO as I've seen in real life, white women take the very most attractive men of the Hispanics they get with, and like I said earlier, Latina are hyper competing for those same males and losing.

As for BLACK ASIAN: I used the stats. Black females least married. Black females heading single parent households are in the high 70%. This isnt the fault of black females as much as it is the fault of black males. Black males are saying something as are Asian females. So do white/hispanic relationships....when data is so loud that it turns out one way or another their is no denying what is being said.

The question of whats being said can be left to interpretation: But I have theories and it has more so to do with attraction-what is? does it it exist uniformly? do some races have more of it? does it bypass one gender of that race? if so why?

While doing my research I have come to the conclusion that yes, (1) their is a defining factor for attractive. Across all races. (2) that it may be more pronounced in certain groups and less pronounced in others. Although even those groups whom have it least still view attractiveness the same as those who have it most?

All this works without racism in places where all those are the same race. But it may seem racist or discriminatory to groups in America because we are: competing against each others masculinity and femininity across race. So racial preference in America are really preferences for those that match the attractiveness model and its clear in the stats that some races have more or less of it if we look at it that way.

Last edited by adanescobar; 04-16-2013 at 03:37 AM..

Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
I never disagreed that Whites/Hispanics make up the majority of interracial marriages in America. However my point was that whites only inter-marry 9% of the time (according the pew study at the beginning of this thread). White females only inter-marry 20% of the time. So implicitly, 80% of white females marry white males. Of the interracial marriages, the majority are white/hispanic (as you pointed out ~60%). This number is imbalanced and outweighs the actual percentage of hispanics in America (which you also pointed out). I agree with all of this. This is what makes these statistics so interesting because there is a clear racial bias in mate selection that is statistically significant.

What I find is that people choose their mates who are most similar to them. Ignoring same-race similarities, people will generally choose mates who have similar religion/beliefs/status/income/backgrounds. I also want to point out that California and Texas are both border states which large hispanic populations. There is a long history of interracial mingling in this region of the US. Hell, Texas used to be a part of Mexico.

We ARE making strides. In the pew study, it states that in 1986, only 33% of people viewed interracial marriage as acceptable. In 2012 (the time of the pew study), 63% of people viewed it as acceptable. While 63% is a vast improvement from 33%, I still believe it is unacceptable and shows that 37% or greater than 1/3 of people openly admit to disapproving a marriage based on race alone.
Heres my thought of whites preferring whites. In the Natilly study I posted, 94% of all white men for 2005 ( ?) had a child with a partner defined as white. White women had listed the father as < other 21%> . Factor in the vast majority of whites living near mainly whites: school-etc. Something like 90% of all whites went to white majority schools? Than that 20% of outbirths for white females is saying something.

Obviously as we both stated that white women prefer latinos when marrying out: Yet latinos only accounted for population numbers in 4 states. A few other states had them in the 17-20% of the poulation. Heres what I am getting at:

Massive amounts of IR births, marriages and dating had to have been happening in the Southwestern states with white females/latino males for white women to have a 20% to 6% difference in childbirths to "fathers-mothers other than white"

Remember white women had low numbers everywhere else. Also note: that white Americans are equally dispersed in America . Yet somehow they resisted mixing nationwide and that the only reason whites had statistical IR rates at all was because of their IR with latinos in Southwest.

If 1 in 5 white women had an out of race birth child yet something like 90% live outside the sunbelt (couldnt find more info-on stats for white pop. in Southwest) and geographically the census says that whites/latinos dont live near much eachother.

What is really going on? Is it white males preferring white females while white females prefer <insert> when given the chance? Even in places where "others" were present white males soundly picked white females. The out daters-breeders of that group were largely female.

IRL would match what I have seen, but Id really have to look into it. (1) percent of population white/latino (2) dispersal (3) outbirths for that specific area.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
lol at the people taking this so seriously

Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Massive amounts of IR births, marriages and dating had to have been happening in the Southwestern states with white females/latino males for white women to have a 20% to 6% difference in childbirths to "fathers-mothers other than white"

Remember white women had low numbers everywhere else. Also note: that white Americans are equally dispersed in America . Yet somehow they resisted mixing nationwide and that the only reason whites had statistical IR rates at all was because of their IR with latinos in Southwest.

If 1 in 5 white women had an out of race birth child yet something like 90% live outside the sunbelt (couldnt find more info-on stats for white pop. in Southwest) and geographically the census says that whites/latinos dont live near much eachother.

What is really going on? Is it white males preferring white females while white females prefer <insert> when given the chance? Even in places where "others" were present white males soundly picked white females. The out daters-breeders of that group were largely female.

IRL would match what I have seen, but Id really have to look into it. (1) percent of population white/latino (2) dispersal (3) outbirths for that specific area.
I still think what is holding back interracial marriages and unions is socio/cultural/historical. Interracial mixing was only allowed in the latter half of the 20th century and as we are becoming more accustomed to it, we are gradually accepting it more and more. I think that white/hispanic relations are the product of a history of good relations between the two races plus proximity.

Take a look at this map which shows ancestry by geography.
http://southernnationalist.com/blog/...in-the-USA.jpg

I believe it mirrors the pattern of interracial unions in the US.

In history, when one ethnic population mingles with another, there is eventual ethnic mixing. Yes there are cultural and racial clashes initially, but they will eventually mix. You follow this over time and it becomes very obvious. Take the Chinese immigrants who settled in Jamaica in the 1800s-1900s for example. There is a large Chinese/Jamaican population now, and now they are very much integrated. Most people don't even know that people like Naomi Campbell and Tyson Beckford are considered Chinese-Jamaican.

I really don't think one race is more beautiful or attractive than another. I am not sure if there are studies on this, but I believe that each race has roughly equal numbers of attractive/normal/non-attractive people. What attracts people to each other physically is very universal. Symmetrical faces, clean hair/skin, good body ratios, good muscle/fat ratios; all indicators of health which increase the ability to produce healthy offspring.

Men will rely more on physical appearance to judge the quality of their mate. They are very uniform with what they deem attractive.

Large breasts --> mammary glands to feed their children
Hip/waist ratio --> increases chance of successful births
Symmetrical face --> sign of genetic health
Long hair --> a sign of health and fertility

Women actually do not rely on physical appearance as much as men do. They place a higher emphasis on the ability to provide/protect because a successful male mate is expected to be able to provide and protect his family. Because of this, women tend to disagree more as to what is attractive. However, they also value signs of health in a male.

Height --> a sign of leadership and dominance, height allows one to visually "dominate" others
Muscle mass --> a sign of health and the ability to hunt
Low body fat --> a sign of health and the ability to hunt
Symmetrical face --> a sign of genetic health

Again, these are not as important to a woman as the ability to provide and lead.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
lol at the people taking this so seriously

Lol, I have noone else to talk to about this. My fiancee gets bored when I discuss these things with her. I think about stuff like this all the time. I just think that sociology/anthropology, the study of humanity and why people act the way they do, is incredibly fascinating. Genealogy, the study of lineage and where we come from, is also incredibly fascinating.

I am a pediatrician with a genetics background so naturally I pay lots of attention to children and their health. I see kids from all backgrounds in my practice and when I see a unique last name I always ask the parents about it's origin/heritage. When I see mixed-race kids, I always ask the parents about their backgrounds. Parents are usually pleasantly surprised when they see that I have such a strong interest and I have learned a lot from my conversations with them.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
After a long in-depth multi year study it has been conclusively found that:

Females
Asians prefer LS Jaun
Blacks prefer LS Jaun
Hispanics prefer LS Jaun
Whites prefer LS Jaun

Males
Asians prefer LS Jaun
Blacks prefer LS Jaun
Hispanics prefer LS Jaun
Whites prefer LS Jaun

End of study

Old 04-16-2013, 06:12 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
After a long in-depth multi year study it has been conclusively found that:

Females
Asians prefer LS Jaun
Blacks prefer LS Jaun
Hispanics prefer LS Jaun
Whites prefer LS Jaun

Males
Asians prefer LS Jaun
Blacks prefer LS Jaun
Hispanics prefer LS Jaun
Whites prefer LS Jaun

End of study

Popular man.....looks like no one can turn LS down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships