Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 04:14 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Tough balls. You made vows based on a true love and you have to stick to them
No you don't.

Quote:
if you have integrity.
I think that there's more integrity in walking away from a mistake (which this OP may or may not have made) than sticking to your guns and being dishonest to someone...

Quote:
Sadly most people today think it's all a joke and some trivial matter and something you can just toss away into the breeze if it doesn't suit you because something appearing "better" comes along.
That's a pretty gross oversimplification of the matter. More like, you're no longer trapped to suffer a mistake for the rest of your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 04:14 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Sorry, that last line was a failed attempt of a metaphor. Basically I meant I won't leave a great thing for a quick fling.

There you go. Problem solved. You do what all big boys do when they become adults. You accept the fact that we can't have everything.Also accept that there is no perfect women. We are always going to find faults in someone, we learn to live with it. It's called give and take. Newsflash, there's things about you in which she doesn't like. But what you do have is pretty darn good, you could learn a little gratitude. Many people would love to have a relationship with someone that they love/like. You have that and yet you still find reason to complain..

Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM

460 posts, read 671,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
No you don't.

I think that there's more integrity in walking away from a mistake (which this OP may or may not have made) than sticking to your guns and being dishonest to someone...

That's a pretty gross oversimplification of the matter. More like, you're no longer trapped to suffer a mistake for the rest of your life.
Don't you think it's a little drastic to infer that the OP made a mistake marrying his wife????? Just because he has fetish-like thing for Asian women doesn't mean his marriage is a failure! He says he loves his wife and hasn't made any complaints about her personally so what's the problem? I think you might be projecting your own thoughts about young marriage and divorce onto the OP.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:20 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Hey I'm a man in his mid twenties who is married to a wonderful woman who I am very attracted to. My problem is that I have a very strong attraction to a particular type of woman that my wife is not. To avoid confusion I will simply say that I am extremely attracted to cute asian women which my wife is not. The group is not the focus in this topic it's the fact that I'm extremely attracted to a group my wife can never be a apart of. I love her and I find her very attractive and sexy but when I see a cute, attractive asian woman approach me, my heart races and I get nervous. I hate it and I'm glad this hasn't happened in front of my wife but I don't know how to stop it. I usually just walk away or stay busy to avoid excessive glances in her direction but I need a better solution. I want to rid myself of this somehow. Yes I know attraction isn't a choice but I love my wife and even distractions like that make me feel guilty. Any ideas? I will never leave the happy life I have with my wife just to pursue pointless desires that arise once in a blue. It's like leaving my beautiful house to spend one night in a flashy expensive hotel just to realize I lost my house because of it.

should've married an asian woman then.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM

354 posts, read 617,925 times
So let me get this straight. You are very attracted to and in love with your wife. Yet you still notice when another attractive woman walks by. What is the problem again?

Old 02-17-2012, 04:25 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
How come you didn't just marry or date what you're attracted to?

Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
How come you didn't just marry or date what you're attracted to?
First, he said he is attracted to her. Second he may have never found an Asian woman that he loved. Finding true love is not always so easy. I always liked men with blue eyes. I wanted my kids to have blue eyes. My husband has the deepest brown eyes. I love his brown eyes but still like blue eyes. I wouldn't trade HIM (who he is not his looks ...though I wouldn't change his looks either)) for anything.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Here is your solution:

Ask your wife to dress in one of those traditional Asian dresses, and to do her hair and makeup to make herself look Asian.

Then have some fun. Problem solved.
LoL my Japanese friend sent me a real Kimono back from Japan and I think my husband alluded (in a very round about fashion) to liking Asians too. Maybe I should try this out ...

Old 02-17-2012, 04:33 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
should've married an asian woman then.
You no thats a great idea. Let me go out and fall in love with an asian who will love me just as much right now. Sorry for the sarcasm but I believe someone can search their entire life and never find real love. Let alone igoring my heart just to pursue desire. Im lucky enough to find love at such a young age. Must who limit their search never find it.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Perhaps. I too no longer think of it once their gone. I guess I dont like the idea that other women can make me feel this way.
Sorry, but I believe you're afraid you will act on the attraction or you wouldn't have posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships