Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times

Advertisements

I haven't read thru all the posts but this one is interesting to me. I think most men do have a "type" but not all marry women of the type they're most attracted to. On the one hand, it seems best to not dwell on the thoughts, positive or negative, that go with this attraction but on the other hand I can see that you don't want to let your guard down either and there's a fear that you could meet someone who is Asian and has many of the same qualities as your wife. Well, that could happen anyway, no matter what your type is. The truth is, no married person who wants to stay faithful can ever let their guard down. You could even fall in love with an ugly person.

I have no idea how much this could apply to your situation, as it's a totally different scenario, but I remember reading an article about people who have ringing in their ears and how they found that there are actually many people who have it but don't know it b/c it doesn't bother them. (Don't ask me how scientists could know someone has ringing in their ears w/o their knowing it!) Other people, who have it much more mildly, are more bothered by it, and the message of the article was that you won't hear the ringing if you stop being bothered by it. Well I have pretty loud ringing sometimes so I decided to not let it bother me and I haven't heard it in years now! Point being of course that if you stop thinking about this, it will mostly go away.

Last edited by stepka; 03-01-2012 at 05:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Don't do it, man. Don't jeopardize your marriage for home wreckers.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:38 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I haven't read thru all the posts but this one is interesting to me. I think most men do have a "type" but not all marry women of the type they're most attracted to. ... The truth is, no married person who wants to stay faithful can ever let their guard down.
There is one sure way to get over "type," and that's to have a really bad experience with one. My involvement with a French guy was terrible. I got over being married to the idea of "type" after that. While I still might find this type of man physically appealing, my appreciation comes from a great distance, sort of like I would examine a piece of art.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:24 PM

262 posts, read 651,337 times
Just cheat on her and sleep with a few Asian women. Most men cheat on their women anyway. The men who don't cheat, basically can't get a willing girl to sleep with them or they lack the confidence to get another women to sleep with him.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:30 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
Just cheat on her and sleep with a few Asian women. Most men cheat on their women anyway. The men who don't cheat, basically can't get a willing girl to sleep with them or they lack the confidence to get another women to sleep with him.
Stupid.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Stupid.

I'm just as stupid as the many men who do this.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I'm just as stupid as the many men who do this.
And women don't do the same? I reckon a lot do, but they don't get caught as much. I wonder why?

Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:

repped.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
And women don't do the same? I reckon a lot do, but they don't get caught as much. I wonder why?

I do apologize as my comment might come off as a little sexist. I just see more men checking out women than women checking out men. I think it's moreso biological than anything else. Sexual attraction is tough. Nature seems to want men to be as sexually active as possible during certain times of his life. Same for women too...??????

Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I do apologize as my comment might come off as a little sexist. I just see more men checking out women than women checking out men. I think it's moreso biological than anything else. Sexual attraction is tough. Nature seems to want men to be as sexually active as possible during certain times of his life. Same for women too...??????
American culture as a whole encourages modern people to be sexually promiscuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships