Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:30 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

What I find funny is that its these Christian Americans, from Poor Catholics of the North East like IRish, Italians and Puerto RIcans to Catholic Mexicans of the American SouthWest to Protestant Baptist Blacks all ova the country to All sorts of Protestant white women having all these kids out of wedlock and being single mothers. And to top of it off its the same ones who also get married and causes the high rate of divorce in this country. People need to use rational when dating and being in relationships. Thank goodness that I'm a idealist and rationalist aswell as an Athiest, it helps me make better choices in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 04:37 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
What I find funny is that its these Christian Americans, from Poor Catholics of the North East like IRish, Italians and Puerto RIcans to Catholic Mexicans of the American SouthWest to Protestant Baptist Blacks all ova the country to All sorts of Protestant white women having all these kids out of wedlock and being single mothers. And to top of it off its the same ones who also get married and causes the high rate of divorce in this country. People need to use rational when dating and being in relationships. Thank goodness that I'm a idealist and rationalist aswell as an Athiest, it helps me make better choices in life.

Can you please post a link supporting this? You are so off target and this just your opinion. Read the article. It has nothing to do with Catholics or Christians or other religions.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Can you please post a link supporting this? You are so off target and this just your opinion. Read the article. It has nothing to do with Catholics or Christians or other religions.
Im like come one YOu dont see Asian and other Eastern people moving to America having these problems. They go to school get a degree and build a family.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:49 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Im like come one YOu dont see Asian and other Eastern people moving to America having these problems. They go to school get a degree and build a family.
Exactly, it's ethnicity, but not ALL and it has nothing to do with religion. Those people may not be moving to America but I'm certain it exists in other countries too. Let's face it, if you ask me it's about morals. If some girl wants to have multiple babies with different baby daddys, go right ahead. Stupid is the next guy to come along who takes a dip in that pool. Got a relative exactly like that. My husband's cousin has a daughter that can't seem to keep her legs closed. Yes, that's harsh, but I call it like I see it. I think she has 6 kids and she's not even 30. I think 1 or 2 might have the same father. She had given birth and got knocked up by some other guy 6 WEEKS LATER. The baby is about a year old and he's gone too.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Exactly, it's ethnicity, but not ALL and it has nothing to do with religion. Those people may not be moving to America but I'm certain it exists in other countries too. Let's face it, if you ask me it's about morals. If some girl wants to have multiple babies with different baby daddys, go right ahead. Stupid is the next guy to come along who takes a dip in that pool. Got a relative exactly like that. My husband's cousin has a daughter that can't seem to keep her legs closed. Yes, that's harsh, but I call it like I see it. I think she has 6 kids and she's not even 30. I think 1 or 2 might have the same father. She had given birth and got knocked up by some other guy 6 WEEKS LATER. The baby is about a year old and he's gone too.
You husbands counosin should not be seeing anyone until she is a bit more older and wiser, she should wait till her kids are more grown and she should start going back into the dating pool.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
What gets me are the men who enjoy planting their seed and ignore financial obligation to the child they helped create. Do they think kids live on air and water? Shame on the single mothers who let the fathers get away without taking care of their children.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I found this article disturbing. What do you think?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/18/us...pagewanted=2&_
Signs of the times. I am so happy I have a 28 year old girlfriend who knows how to behave. Man articles like this just show me how lucky I am.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:18 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscillatory View Post
Whether a couple is married or not isn't the problem to me. I just don't think it's good for so many kids to be raised by single parents. I know many women don't have a choice because of deadbeat spouses, but some willingly choose to raise their children with no father figure, which is unfair for the kids. YOU may not need a man but your kids do. I would've killed to have a two parent household growing up.
Sadly its a domino affect. The removal of men from the family foundation has many bad effects. One thing leads to another and the pride of the weaker sex will continue to gain more control in the wrong direction of society.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:39 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
This isn't the 20s. Stop pretending to be a puritan.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:52 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
This isn't the 20s. Stop pretending to be a puritan.
Nobody has to be a puritan to act responsibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships