U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-03-2012, 05:19 PM

12,660 posts, read 8,437,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
My problem with it is that I A. Do not agree because I feel it's on a case by case business B. Dislike the general use of terms and concepts like men and women with subsequent extrapolations. It suggests an even playing field across the board and I don't subscribe to that pov. Finally, it also suggests that a woman's prime is depended on men. Even worse, dependent on CD men. Surely you can understand why I reject that particular horror show.

Braunwyn,

Good to see you too, but we are talking about the perspective of men. My personal prime was when I was 10 and popped out of bed in the morning.

I'd also suggest changing your hobby from that of worrying about the dregs of XY. Any attention you give them may very well be the best thing they ever had. I think para-gliding would do you a lot of good.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:20 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,909,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
My problem with it is that I A. Do not agree because I feel it's on a case by case business B. Dislike the general use of terms and concepts like men and women with subsequent extrapolations. It suggests an even playing field across the board and I don't subscribe to that pov. Finally, it also suggests that a woman's prime is depended on men. Even worse, dependent on CD men. Surely you can understand why I reject that particular horror show.
But we also know men get to that age past our prime, so whatís so bad about it? Case by case, sure, but there are different ways we can see how women after 25 are simply hhhhmmm not the same when it comes to looks. This is called aging and nobody can escape from it. No botox, no creams, no make up, nothing can help a woman turn the clock back. Might as well accept the fact that we will all look past our primes, over the hill, etc. Itís a natural process of human life. We canít fight it. This does not depend on men, this is not hateful, itís just nature and both men and women go through it.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:20 PM

33,521 posts, read 19,378,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braunwyn View Post
. Even worse, dependent on cd men.
ROFL ! (We need a rolling-on-the-floor-laughing emoticon on this forum.)

Old 05-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
But we also know men get to that age past our prime, so whatís so bad about it? Case by case, sure, but there are different ways we can see how women after 25 are simply hhhhmmm not the same when it comes to looks. This is called aging and nobody can escape from it. No botox, no creams, no make up, nothing can help a woman turn the clock back. Might as well accept the fact that we will all look past our primes, over the hill, etc. Itís a natural process of human life. We canít fight it. This does not depend on men, this is not hateful, itís just nature and both men and women go through it.
I can't believe people are discussing women "ageing" after when? 25??! Are you serious?! If that were true, no women over 25 would be married. Can you hear the absurdity in your statements?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:24 PM

3,500 posts, read 4,580,007 times
If you can still work it and look good doing it, you are NEVER past your prime.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,909,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't believe people are discussing women "ageing" after when? 25??! Are you serious?! If that were true, no women over 25 would be married. Can you hear the absurdity in your statements?
As it has been said over and over. Being past your prime (cosmetically) doesn't mean a guy won't be intersted in you, you won't marry, etc. It just means you are, well, past your prime when it comes to looks. Do men get past their prime too? Of course! We just don't make a big deal out of it really. Wow, so many women in denial about aging. Only 2 so far have accept they age and will be or are past their prime.

I missed that post where someone said women past their prime can't get married.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 PM

What about all the women who blossom into their looks after their 20's? 25 is awfully young to define "prime". A lot of women are still kids at that age. Women get seriously hot in their 30's, and that's when their hormones peak. Maybe it would help if someone came up with a definition of "prime" is.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:38 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,988,635 times
Quote:

Yes it's being discussed apparently the rest of us have no use or worth after that age. Haven't you heard? Despite this, you should still be holding them in high regard -- even though they think we should be put out to pasture for not 'staying young enough' for their pleasures . How dare we age....

Old 05-03-2012, 05:38 PM

16,513 posts, read 8,960,495 times
Quote:
No. He can't.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Status: "Life gives you what you need to awaken" (set 2 days ago)

8,768 posts, read 6,056,460 times
Quote:
Of course he can't. He's like all the other shallow people who base a person's worth purely on their looks. The world is full of these types. As silly as they are I don't know people are acting so surprised really. Just look at Hollywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships