Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
when does the term "woman" apply as opposed to a "girl"?
At age 40.
But some will never mature and will be girls all their lives.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The fact that I "got somewhere" with a happy life despite the fact that I don't reduce things to "men are visual creatures" makes me the exception? It definitely does not.

Admit it, Maria, and I mean no disrespect, it is *your* lifestyle and *your* mindset that is the exception. One would think given your choices, you'd be more openminded about differences in others, but you seem dogged in your determination to reduce people to their basest possible parts, at least in this thread. That puzzles me. It sincerely does, I'm not being a wiseacre.
Oh I understand your point of view. I don't mean to make it seem like all men are pigs but what I am saying is that you can't get past basic human nature and while it is a nice thought that a man would like you initially for your mind it is foolish to think you would be considered if you didn't have the body to match.

Why would a prize winning man want a woman who was anything less than himself? Men are more likely to 'trade down' when it comes to partners but if they have the option to get the hot chick they are going to go for her.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I want an equal for a partner.
An equal.

You work out. You work hard. You take care of things right?

Why would you want to get with a woman who wasn't putting in the same effort for herself?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
where else do you think I should get myself to?
Did you forget which thread you're on? You should get going and buy your plot!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
My wife is a nurse practitioner, which is what she wanted to do since she was little. We have a nice trailer. All my neighbors are near the same boat.

Could it be more likely that your statement is incorrect?
First off God bless your wife. Nursing is hard work and it is what I thought I wanted to do until I actually had to do it. Nurses are highly under appreciated. It is not an easy line of work.

Trailers aren't all bad but why would you want a trailer over a house? You honestly chose a trailer over a house? Was it because that is honestly what you wanted? Why?

Is it a matter of money? Most people who live in trailers aren't there because they want to be but because it is what they can afford.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
An equal.

Why would you want to get with a woman who wasn't putting in the same effort for herself?
Um, actually, Maria, your initial description was:

Quote:
Men want a lady who can handle what he needs her to in order to minimize his responsibilities, keep her mouth shut unless she needs to come to him for help to validate his leadership status every once in awhile and look damn good while doing it.
(bolding/underlining mine)

Old 02-23-2012, 09:14 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Oh I understand your point of view. I don't mean to make it seem like all men are pigs but what I am saying is that you can't get past basic human nature and while it is a nice thought that a man would like you initially for your mind it is foolish to think you would be considered if you didn't have the body to match.

Why would a prize winning man want a woman who was anything less than himself? Men are more likely to 'trade down' when it comes to partners but if they have the option to get the hot chick they are going to go for her.
Bill Gates married an equal in Melinda...he could shake a tree and 10 playmates would fall out but that's not what he wanted!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM

434 posts, read 684,723 times
if you are asking this question in all sincerity, than being past your prime isn't your biggest problem.

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
Quote:
An equal.

I'm confused on what is being argued here. Hang with me a second because I'm no good at the internets.

Didn't you say that a man wants a woman that can take some of the load off his plate, shut up about it and look pretty?

As a man, of course looks matter, but they are nothing more than an interview. In a relationship the mind starts mattering more really quickly.

I can't lie. I had a really shallow 20s. I had a long term relationship with a woman that's sole purpose in life was to look pretty, and I had the most miserable 5 years of my life.

Quote:
Um, actually, Maria, your initial description was:

(bolding/underlining mine)
Yes that is MY initial description. Not everyones. However what does he really mean by 'equal'? Let's get specific here. What exactly does a man want in a lady and would he be happy settling for less?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships