Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 05:30 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
WTF? No!

Beauty comes in all ages. I am sad for you that you feel such pressure from the clock.

I agree. Shes letting society or something else but pressure on her. My Gf is 45 & she is has beautiful now as when she was 24.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:31 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
25 is a little early...better bump it up to 30+

Once they're past 30, everything (literally and figuratively) starts going downhill. Hence the saying men age like wine, women age like milk.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
. Hence the saying men age like wine, women age like milk.

Looks for his popcorn.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:39 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:

Once they're past 30, everything (literally and figuratively) starts going downhill. Hence the saying men age like wine, women age like milk.
Here we go. I see it's time for a double dose of reality again. I love this part, actually. Thanks for making me do it.

The average man does NOT age better than the average woman. Men just think they look far better than they do because women are very forgiving in that department. Far more than men are. Women often have this distorted view of themselves where they feel they're less attractive than they are. Men think they're far more attractive than they are.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Looks for his popcorn.
You've been around here a while huh?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:41 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:

Yes because spare tires and retreating hairlines are alot better than a few wrinkles and aging breasts.

Not to derail the thread here but that saying has so much bias in it that I just couldn't let it slide.

I think older women are alot more accepting when it comes to aging partners than men since women mature faster than men and I think that women are more concerned with a man's ability to provide than with their looks and since men generally start to make more money when their looks go downhill we don't tend to mind as much where as men who mature slower than women are just starting to get over their sewing their wild oats phase and thinking that beauty is one of the main qualifiers for a long term relationship.

Just my two cents. There are certainly exceptions to this.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
By all means, if you buy into the superficiality of a few people who can't see past your appearance, now is a great time to start worrying! Better start saving for that facelift! Never mind getting an advanced degree, doing volunteer work, or anything else that makes you a more well rounded person (not just a woman!). Gaze anxiously into the mirror every morning and evening, looking for those nonexistent wrinkles. Obsess enough, and you won't get much sleep. Then your looks really will start to suffer. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Here we go. I see it's time for a double dose of reality again. I love this part, actually. Thanks for making me do it.

The average man does NOT age better than the average woman. Men just think they look far better than they do because women are very forgiving in that department. Far more than men are. Women often have this distorted view of themselves where they feel they're less attractive than they are. Men think they're far more attractive than they are.
Unfortunately it is true. The primary value-judgment for men is based on economics where as with women it is primarily based on beauty/fertility.

With age, a woman's beauty tends to fade; with men, their financial status and wealth tends to grow and is the focal point for their attractiveness.

Women have the luxury of having the world at their feet for the first 25-30 years of their lives. But the golden gates begin to close at 30, however some of you are able to throw a door wedge or two in there before it's all over.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
Why is this even a question? The influence of the media and history's sexism is showing.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately it is true. The primary value-judgment for men is based on economics where as with women it is primarily based on beauty/fertility.

With age, a woman's beauty tends to fade; with men, their financial status and wealth tends to grow and is their focal point for attraction.

Women have the luxury of having the world at their feet for the first 25-30 years of their lives. But the golden gates begin to close at 30, however some of you are able to throw a door wedge or two in there before it's all over.
It's a delusion and people are starting to see that....waking up to it. The operative word was 'average' man and woman. There are just as many women who age well as men but the average man and woman are equal in that arena. I'm talking about looks here, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships