U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 05:31 PM

773 posts, read 586,969 times

Advertisements

I think it could be the ability to learn from one's mistakes.

For most people, all we need is one entanglement with a person of a "certain nature." Just for example, say a man has an experience with a gold digger that leaves him bitter. But he doesn't know how to properly assess the women he gets involved with in the future ... and the past keeps repeating itself.

One very vital thing to be aware of are markers of human behavior. People tell you who they are all the time. So many times, we simply fail to listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 PM

2,350 posts, read 1,360,283 times
There are bitter and jaded women, too. So....why are you singling out men?

Old 02-22-2012, 06:03 PM

11,592 posts, read 15,937,908 times
think it could be the ability to learn from one's mistakes.

For most people, all we need is one entanglement with a person of a "certain nature." Just for example, say a man has an experience with a gold digger that leaves him bitter. But he doesn't know how to properly assess the women he gets involved with in the future ... and the past keeps repeating itself.

One very vital thing to be aware of are markers of human behavior. People tell you who they are all the time. So many times, we simply fail to listen.

supernaut--100%, especially the last paragraph.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 PM

188 posts, read 131,018 times
In the world we live in, many people are being bullied, ignored or excluded by other stronger or higher-status people so that can leave them feeling hurt or offended.

Last edited by Mr. Freak; 02-22-2012 at 06:21 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 06:10 PM

2,433 posts, read 1,718,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
There are bitter and jaded women, too. So....why are you singling out men?
I was wondering this too. It seems like bitter men get railed on here more than bitter women.

Some people have legitimately been through some tough times and I can understand why they'd be bitter. The guy whose wife tells him he's considering cheating on him is one example. I can understand why some early to mid 20s people are bitter but, as I realized, things can turn around pretty fast.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 PM

16,470 posts, read 8,929,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I was wondering this too. It seems like bitter men get railed on here more than bitter women.

Some people have legitimately been through some tough times and I can understand why they'd be bitter. The guy whose wife tells him he's considering cheating on him is one example. I can understand why some early to mid 20s people are bitter but, as I realized, things can turn around pretty fast.
I think the men get singled out more because the bitter men on here are regulars whereas most of the bitter women here are "drivebys" - as someone else called them. Just an observation - and feel free to disagree with me because I very well could be wrong - but I think that many of the women that post here do so for entertainment and many of the men that post here do so to vent their frustrations. There are lots of exceptions on both sides - but I do see a lot of this. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 PM

76 posts, read 112,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
I think it could be the ability to learn from one's mistakes.

Good point. It's good to not be self centered and pay attention to other people. I wish I were better at observing people and reading their body language.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:33 PM

8,927 posts, read 7,257,567 times
I'm not bitter or jaded toward women specifically, but humanity in general.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I'm not bitter or jaded toward women specifically, but humanity in general.
That, too.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM

3,956 posts, read 2,519,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I think people can become bitter/jaded when they've been hurt deeply. If they're hurt deeply repeatedly that can compound the problem. It can very hard to bounce back from a broken heart and broken trust, but you need to do it for yourself.

Very true. I would even venture to say that some wounds don't heal all the way. The more you have had your heart broken the more skittish you are about trying it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships