Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
More women are enjoying sex for sex too.

I know some women are. But if you're not men quickly write you off as 'too old fashioned' or in other words, a waste of time on their part. They are more interested in FWB/booty calls because why shouldn't they be? It's the perfect scenario for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
in a word, stability.
the back door man experience is occasional, the relationship is daily.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I know some women are. But if you're not men quickly write you off as 'too old fashioned' or in other words, a waste of time on their part. They are more interested in FWB/booty calls because why shouldn't they be? It's the perfect scenario for them.
I will admit..there have been times I've caved and done the FWB thing because I have needs and will go nuts waiting for someone to commit to me before I have sex again. This is after not getting any for at least 8-9 months or so at a time. I've been single for almost 3 years (with one short term relationship that I didn't intend on being short term)..no way on earth am I going 3 years without it, when I'm a young, healthy and sexual being. Thing is, the FWB is very rare for me as I'm really looking for a relationship. But ya, most men that I've tried to steer in the direction of respecting me and getting to know me first just get impatient..they get annoyed if I even ask them to call instead of text because silly me, I'm trying to forge a connection with the guy , and thus, they drop me and then I remain single. its stupid.

I had a talk with a coworker of mine about how lazy men are (he's 22) and he said he's guilty..that its too much work to take a girl out and be nice and respectful on the off chance, he might get laid so he doesn't really try that hard. I reminded him that this is why our society is so screwed up..he just laughed. heh oh well.

Last edited by mir86; 03-04-2012 at 01:25 AM..

Old 03-04-2012, 02:39 AM

688 posts, read 897,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I will admit..there have been times I've caved and done the FWB thing because I have needs and will go nuts waiting for someone to commit to me before I have sex again. This is after not getting any for at least 8-9 months or so at a time. I've been single for almost 3 years (with one short term relationship that I didn't intend on being short term)..no way on earth am I going 3 years without it, when I'm a young, healthy and sexual being. Thing is, the FWB is very rare for me as I'm really looking for a relationship. But ya, most men that I've tried to steer in the direction of respecting me and getting to know me first just get impatient..they get annoyed if I even ask them to call instead of text because silly me, I'm trying to forge a connection with the guy , and thus, they drop me and then I remain single. its stupid.

I had a talk with a coworker of mine about how lazy men are (he's 22) and he said he's guilty..that its too much work to take a girl out and be nice and respectful on the off chance, he might get laid so he doesn't really try that hard. I reminded him that this is why our society is so screwed up..he just laughed. heh oh well.
Try twelve years.. my decision though.

Just so you know, there are patient guys out there. I'm not sure of your age, but there are a lot more of them when you get near/after 30 who would care more about getting inside your heart rather than your pants. Not to say you couldn't find any younger men with the same mindset. Also not to say that they don't want to get into your pants at all, they just have different priorities.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Is it just the timing of meeting a guy who happens to want a relationship at the time he meets a woman or is there something a woman does that makes a guy only reduce her to booty call status instead of pursuing a relationship? Not sure if that question makes sense to you but ya..I was wondering..
If a woman puts out on the first date, she'll probably just be a booty call.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:19 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:

I have you and 'lovesthebass' both beat -- try 32 years, . Anyways...Still I wasn't downing you for doing 'FWB,' I mean you're an adult and that's your buisness but at the same time a lot of what you said just boggles me. If they are being impatient, not taking time to get to know you, and then dropping you after the fact. Sorry, but I would not be bothered with that type of treatment (especially from men ). I think it's a shame really. At the same time I have a general understanding of what you mean when you said "because I have needs," and "there's no way I'm going without it for 3 years." I hear people say stuff like that but again it only registers with me so much. I guess I just don't understand being a salve for lack of a better term to sex and it's ideals. But again I still say it's the men who have created and popularized "FWB," because women don't demand (or sometimes want) more. But culture sides more with you on the issue then with someone like me b/c people agree with men and what your friend said: it takes too much "work and time" to get to know a girl anymore. That's the world we live in. Get on or get left behind.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
A "booty" call woman wants a man more than anything, she will bend over backwards to get a man. She usually has a low paying, marginal job, and sees a relationship with a man as an economic step up in her life. A "relationship" woman is usually has a higher education, more income, and will not "jump" for a date when you call her at 9pm on Friday night. She has plenty of men to pick from, and more than likely, is not available when you call. This woman views a relationship with a man as companionship, and romance, possible Father for potential children. She has high self esteem. Knows she is eligible, and attractive.

Which girl do you really want?
A) Lindsay Lohan (booty call)
B) Reese Witherspoon (take home to Mom).

Old 03-04-2012, 02:13 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Default what separates women from relationship material and booty call material?

Quote:
Is it just the timing of meeting a guy who happens to want a relationship at the time he meets a woman or is there something a woman does that makes a guy only reduce her to booty call status instead of pursuing a relationship? Not sure if that question makes sense to you but ya..I was wondering..
I haven't read any of the other posts before writing an answer to your question, so this is purely my own thinking.

I would say the woman herself is the deciding factor. When I was dating I ran into many women who I thought would make a better friend than they would a wife. I ran into a few also who I thought wouldn't even make a good friend. The one lady I selected for a wife has a wonderful sense of humor. She is easy to look at, has a decent figure, is rather conservative, is an absolute wonderful cook, has held a good job for many years, is not lazy, is neither an introvert or extrovert, likes most of the things I like. Her faults are few, they include always putting her family first, being stubborn, sometimes not looking at all the facts, being oblivious to things around her. I dated women who made it obvious they were interested in how much money I made, who became jealous of others, who were just not honest, who were vindictive, who thought they were better than other people. I dated one lady who was an absolute joy to spend time with and like no one else in the bedroom, but she was a liar and she was jealous.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:16 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
In the end, a man will keep the woman he can't live without. That's all.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:23 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I have you and 'lovesthebass' both beat -- try 32 years, . Anyways...Still I wasn't downing you for doing 'FWB,' I mean you're an adult and that's your buisness but at the same time a lot of what you said just boggles me. If they are being impatient, not taking time to get to know you, and then dropping you after the fact. Sorry, but I would not be bothered with that type of treatment (especially from men ). I think it's a shame really. At the same time I have a general understanding of what you mean when you said "because I have needs," and "there's no way I'm going without it for 3 years." I hear people say stuff like that but again it only registers with me so much. I guess I just don't understand being a salve for lack of a better term to sex and it's ideals. But again I still say it's the men who have created and popularized "FWB," because women don't demand (or sometimes want) more. But culture sides more with you on the issue then with someone like me b/c people agree with men and what your friend said: it takes too much "work and time" to get to know a girl anymore. That's the world we live in. Get on or get left behind.
well I haven't even been alive 32 years. If I was older I probably wouldn't have this much of a drive to ever fall into the rare FWB situation. eh, if they drop me, its not like I'm being bothered with that type of treatment anymore..they dropped me after all! I cant anticipate who will and won't keep me around. Its not about the ideals of sex..its about the need to have it..and that need sometimes messes with my head if its been a long time (well a long time for me!) and thus FWB has happened at times. Ya men popularized it becuase they became the lazy ones..and women got tired of waiting around too long and I've been guilty at times but 9 times out 10, I'm making the guy work for me. By the 10th time out of 10 I'm so worn out from the dating game that I give in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships