Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:27 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
These kinds of threads always end up in unrealistic absolutes. It gets thrown around that all men want smoking hot babes, and all women want filthy rich sugar daddies
thats what happens when you get your concepts of men, women and relationships from watching TV and Movies I guess.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Gentlemen of CD,

Do you want a lady who looks decent but not a prize winner by any stretch who has a great mind and can challenge you or do you want a lady who can handle things on her own while comming to you every once in awhile with something she can't handle, who otherwise keeps her mouth shut and looks damn good while doing it?

Simple question. Just give the honest answer.

I am of the opinion that men want a lady who keeps herself up and who can handle things by herself.

Others are of the opinion that looks are less important initially than brains and other things that a lady would have to offer which I will let the opposition define since I don't agree.

Men are visual creatures. I haven't seen the man yet who would pass up fillet mignon to get to corn on the cob.

I don't see the point in denying that men will take the woman who is a hot piece who can handle things by herself and otherwise keep quiet and be the pretty lady over the woman who is alright looking but not breathtaking and has a great mind or whatever else she may have to offer.

ahhhh...ummmm...what was the question again?

Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Speaking from my own experience, when I was a teen into my early 20's, sure looks were probably top priority, but as I've matured (somewhat) and aged (47 now) that's changed. As my Navy SEal father once told me: " A woman has something ABOVE her neck, not just below it" Good advice that stuck with me

Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Men decide what they want after they have tried everything else.
In the rare expection men settle for what works at the time and it stays that way.
In every relationship there is a dominate and submissive.
Most women seek to change the man of which leads to him finding someone who can manage their lives and or expects the man they are.
Relationship work best when each individual has lived enough nonsense to know what they like and dont like and know what they need.
Most young people have no clue and just go for that looks good at the time then they suddenly think a forward relationship is one based on changing other people to match what they want.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Speaking from my own experience, when I was a teen into my early 20's, sure looks were probably top priority, but as I've matured (somewhat) and aged (47 now) that's changed. As my Navy SEal father once told me: " A woman has something ABOVE her neck, not just below it" Good advice that stuck with me
One question. When she is standing up or upside down

Old 02-24-2012, 10:19 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
you know CPC-Come to think of it, dear old Dad never made it clear which one it was, come to think of it LOL

Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
These kinds of threads always end up in unrealistic absolutes.
Threads like this, well CD really, make me realize how good I have it.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Gentlemen of CD,

Do you want a lady who looks decent but not a prize winner by any stretch who has a great mind and can challenge you or do you want a lady who can handle things on her own while comming to you every once in awhile with something she can't handle, who otherwise keeps her mouth shut and looks damn good while doing it?

Simple question. Just give the honest answer.

I am of the opinion that men want a lady who keeps herself up and who can handle things by herself.

Others are of the opinion that looks are less important initially than brains and other things that a lady would have to offer which I will let the opposition define since I don't agree.

Men are visual creatures. I haven't seen the man yet who would pass up fillet mignon to get to corn on the cob.

I don't see the point in denying that men will take the woman who is a hot piece who can handle things by herself and otherwise keep quiet and be the pretty lady over the woman who is alright looking but not breathtaking and has a great mind or whatever else she may have to offer.
Sifting through this, I'll give you my standard answer to all questions like this....

A sharp wit on a woman will allow me to see past physical imperfections a LOT easier (and even find those "imperfections" perfect if you will).

This is the woman I want to spend a LOT of time with on a long-term basis. This is the woman who I miss and I cannot wait to see again...

Meanwhile, a gorgeous woman who lacks in the wit department is one that I physically might want to "get with", but when she walks around the corner, I don't give her another thought.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,592 times
Prize winner? Trophy wife? No thanks.

"He who marries a beautiful woman has very sleepless lonely nights."

Old 02-24-2012, 10:49 AM

354 posts, read 617,925 times
I would much rather have an average looking woman that I can have a conversation with and that has similar interests than a hot woman with whom I have nothing in common with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships