Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 11:13 AM

15 posts, read 7,434 times

Advertisements

So there is this girl who I know that I happen to like a lot, but the thing is she lives in a different country and I am not able to just go and see her in person. The only contact I have with her is either by email or by sending messages/calling her on her phone. She is quite introverted but not too much if you know what I mean, so I don't know how I can tell her how I feel as it isn't easy to talk to her, she is a little bit quiet and she doesn't speak English fluently but not badly.

She might like me but it is hard to tell as she is quiet, she is reasonably confident around people she knows but seems to be slightly quieter around me. I don't know if that means she likes me or if she isn't confident around people she doesn't know too well. She came to my house last year as she is my exchange student for a language and when I was saying goodbye to her (when other exchange students were saying goodbye to their partners as well at the airport) for the last time she went red in the face and cried a bit and then hugged me a minute after, just for a few seconds. I didn't really think she would be confident enough to do that but she said she really enjoyed her stay so maybe that is what triggered her emotion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 11:30 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Text or email her that you like her and want to know if she feels the same.

Don't waste time second guessing when you can nip it in the bud right away if nothing's there.

Easy.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:30 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
What if she does like you too? What do you see happening between the two of you? Are you willing to relocate to another country?

Old 06-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What if she does like you too? What do you see happening between the two of you? Are you willing to relocate to another country?
I'm really not sure of what I would do if she liked me tbh. I'm too young to relocate to another country at the moment but I might consider moving in the future. I would certainly want to move and live with her it's just a question of where.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:44 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfc2965 View Post
I'm really not sure of what I would do if she liked me tbh. I'm too young to relocate to another country at the moment but I might consider moving in the future. I would certainly want to move and live with her it's just a question of where.
Oh, I see. Well, it is OK to let her know how you feel. But in the meantime, you have to live your life where you are and she has to do the same. Try to avoid becoming overly emotionally attached to someone so far away.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Oh, I see. Well, it is OK to let her know how you feel. But in the meantime, you have to live your life where you are and she has to do the same. Try to avoid becoming overly emotionally attached to someone so far away.
I still have reasonably good contact with her it's just that I can't see her in person. If it turns out she does like me then I'll probably just talk to her the same way I'm doing now and maybe in the future, I can raise the question of potentially living with her.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:02 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
I'm too young to relocate to another country at the moment but I might consider moving in the future.
How old are you both?

Old 06-01-2016, 12:05 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
I still have reasonably good contact with her it's just that I can't see her in person. If it turns out she does like me then I'll probably just talk to her the same way I'm doing now and maybe in the future, I can raise the question of potentially living with her.

Or maybe, you can like, go on a date or something first.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
How old are you both?
Both 16

Old 06-01-2016, 12:10 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Both 16
Oh geez!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships