Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 PM

550 posts, read 984,442 times

Advertisements

I have been seeing this guy I'm going to school with and doing my internship with for a couple months. I find that he is fun to be around when he is around. However, he is not around often unless we are together at school or our internship site. Anyway, last week my mom's car broke down and I let her borrow mine and my guy has been giving me rides. Last week we almost had sex but I decided not to at the time and he respected that and we talked about hanging out this weekend instead. The only thing is that he has not responded to my calls or texts and it's like he's fallen off the face of the earth without any explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Clearly no sex=no contact.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:41 PM

550 posts, read 984,442 times
But we talked about doing that this weekend! And there was contact after that episode.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:44 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I have been seeing this guy I'm going to school with and doing my internship with for a couple months. I find that he is fun to be around when he is around. However, he is not around often unless we are together at school or our internship site. Anyway, last week my mom's car broke down and I let her borrow mine and my guy has been giving me rides. Last week we almost had sex but I decided not to at the time and he respected that and we talked about hanging out this weekend instead. The only thing is that he has not responded to my calls or texts and it's like he's fallen off the face of the earth without any explanation.
Guys this age can be easily distracted.

Most likely something, or someone, else can into his field of vision which has distracted him

Play it cool!! This is no time to get clingy

Old 02-25-2012, 12:45 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Clearly no sex=no contact.
And if this is the case, then she dodged a bullet by NOT having sex with him in the first place

Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Where do you live?? Has he not shown up for internship, or school? If you suspect foul play?? Maybe you should report him missing? Or, it could be as the poster said, just not having contact w/ you...it happens. You decide.
After answering I checked some of your other threads. Seems a guy disappeared on you last month (Jan.), and Nov. before that also...almost to the day. If these are not threads related to the same guy...something is really wrong. I suspect you are doing something to turn these guys off. Now, you need to change your game plan. But, I do not think that a young person should ever compromise their moral standards, don't have sex w/ someone just to keep them in your life. In fact, stop even discussing sex as an option until you've known someone for a couple months next time...see if that works better for you.

Last edited by JanND; 02-25-2012 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: added sentence

Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Either he has been kidnapped, Or he is doing "The fade." The way some end things without a confrontation. Not cool, But some do it anyway. Move on, And be glad you did not give yourself to someone who is clearly an immature tool.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:57 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
But we talked about doing that this weekend! And there was contact after that episode.
He told you what you wanted to hear to end the issue. I do it every day at work.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:02 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,755 times
he probably met another girl, 9 times out of 10, he found someone else

Old 02-25-2012, 01:09 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
he probably met another girl, 9 times out of 10, he found someone else
Most likely scenario here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships