Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:57 PM

15,832 posts, read 21,351,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Probably not. "Dating" implies not only romance, but requires mutual interest and sharing of similar lifestyles. My lifestyle is ACTIVE so a requirement for "dating" is that she must be active and energetic like I am and enjoy - hiking, tennis, running on the beach, yoga, etc. If she is unable to particpate actively in these things then I wouldnt date her but we could be friends. If she can participate, then great. If not, friends it is.
You don't know many amputees, do you?

I recently went on a rock climbing retreat for young adults with cancer. One of the guys I was with was a 21 year old who had beat cancer 5 times from the time he was 16. He's an above the knee amputee - and hit high climbs faster than even some of the professional guides! Most amputees I know in the cancer world are similar - a lot of them got into rock climbing and kayaking.

He has one of the busiest dating lives of anyone I've ever met. He found out he has to beat cancer for a 6th time on his 22nd birthday, so he's not quite so active, but he told me he will still rock climb once a week until he can't.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:59 PM

513 posts, read 894,172 times
yes i would date an amputee. unless you are one who is concerned only with looks, it is the person that counts and not whether they are a perfect specimen or not.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,877,435 times
I'd like to say yes, the acceptable, politically correct thing to say, but to be honest It'd be at least a big drawback. I can't say yay or nay, it would depend on the person too.

Also it mights on how serious it is. A girl with no legs or arms at all? I guess there are prosthetics, but legs are one of my favourite body parts on a woman so I don't know if I'd find her without them. Plus like some posters have said there's the obvious disability thing.

I honestly think a person like that would generally be better off with a man who was bigger than me and who could put up with it. It's not the acceptable thing to say but I'm being honest here.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,784,973 times
Close as I got was dating a pretty blonde hippy chick who got her leg run over by a dump truck...it was scar tissue from top to bottom..but I kind of put that aside and concentrated on the pretty face....that leg sure did not look like a leg- Oh- there was this girl I knew who broke her leg and had it in traction..While I was visiting her in hospital I did crawl in and have sex with this huge cast hanging over my head...Yah was a bit of a pig...okay I do admit - I had an affair with a girl who had no arms and no legs and was missing an eye...that part I made up...

Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,429,254 times
Yes, I would not have a problem being involved with someone like that.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:39 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,452,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'd like to say yes, the acceptable, politically correct thing to say, but to be honest It'd be at least a big drawback. I can't say yay or nay, it would depend on the person too.

Also it mights on how serious it is. A girl with no legs or arms at all? I guess there are prosthetics, but legs are one of my favourite body parts on a woman so I don't know if I'd find her without them. Plus like some posters have said there's the obvious disability thing.

I honestly think a person like that would generally be better off with a man who was bigger than me and who could put up with it. It's not the acceptable thing to say but I'm being honest here.
Just FYI, it's not being "politically correct" to say you would date an amputee if you REALLY would.

And many of us would because we aren't so shallow and immature as to think a person's worth is tied up in their physical abilities or attributes.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:42 AM

26,689 posts, read 41,605,204 times
Probably not. Just too weird for me.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:42 AM

1,265 posts, read 966,761 times
Ive seen several peple with what seems their brain amputated and they get dates, so I dont see why not!

Old 12-11-2016, 10:44 AM

15,049 posts, read 10,028,625 times
Sure, I don't see why not... It takes a lot for me to dismiss a person for their imperfections... god knows I've dated imperfect people and they in turn have to accept me as an imperfect person as well. The only thing that would turn me away is a person who has harbors hatred, malice or just a spiteful person in general.

However, finding a mate is one of those things that are driven by personal biases... if you don't find someone with an amputee attractive, there really isn't anything to feel ashamed about...

Old 12-11-2016, 09:33 PM

645 posts, read 746,291 times
Yes i would. Even though i am a very active person. I would definitely if i was really into the person. Plus medical technology is amazing these days where they could get an amazing prosthetic if they wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships