U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 PM

4,298 posts, read 3,445,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Yes, a lot safer.

I spent many years as a government contractor and I know this fact first hand.
So if you make a major mistake there, you are ok? How many times can you do it? Contractor is 1099 though right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No, not always, especially when you are only playing it safe to avoid having to stand up to people who bully you or treat you rudely.

Sorry, but it does sound like that is what you are doing.
I also suffer from OCD too.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Apples and oranges -

BIG DIFFERENCE between what Hank Williams, Jr said to the whole world on tv and in you just telling folks you don't want to talk about your personal life.
So why was not Hank protected under the 1st Amendment rights?

Old 02-27-2012, 11:58 PM

6,112 posts, read 2,306,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
So if you make a major mistake there, you are ok? How many times can you do it? Contractor is 1099 though right?
It's very difficult to get fired by the government. I have seen my share of government waste.

I worked for several company's that hired me to do work for the Federal Government.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 AM

461 posts, read 379,687 times
This reminds me of how much I hate office jobs and it's politics. You will not get fired from what you've said no matter how much they didn't like your answer. However, it's best to avoid divulging too much info so when the convo heads into personal territory, you keep it general or leave. Avoid gossiping females.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 AM

14,517 posts, read 13,081,562 times
Quote:
What Hank said wasn't that bad.. but what he was dealing with was the public being offended from something that was taken completely out of context and his employer had absolutely no backbone to stick up for him from the public.

I highly doubt that you sticking up for yourself in the workplace is going to make national news and get millions of hits on youtube.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:55 AM

15,118 posts, read 8,511,257 times
Quote:
But a single guy will labelled as Gay not a girl.
So what?

If you aren't interested in dating them what does it matter what they think??

Old 02-28-2012, 08:33 AM

41 posts, read 13,616 times
Quote:
I think they were offended when I told them that I don't want a girl with kids.

I might as well get an Vasectomy.

Women on this board are nice though.

I have been questioned a few times on eating healthy also. I don't see anything wrong with that either. I like to workout and stay fit.
I compete in bodybuilding and powerlifting - so I eat a specific diet that is wierd to some people.
Like at 11am I would have turkey and tomatoes.
The first idiot who made some dumb remark I put in her or his place.

Considering I worked with landwhales waddling throught the office with their buckets of cheese doodles.
They took eating healthy as an offense.

For Christs sake - keep eating healthy - for men and woman.
Nothing keeps you younger and away from the doctor more than your diet
Office's are COMPLETELY UNHEALTHY - filled with toxic people, and awful food

Old 02-28-2012, 08:54 AM

13,786 posts, read 11,018,600 times
Quote:
I also suffer from OCD too.
All of these little tidbits and your inability to understand what we are all saying are revealing more about what your situation must be like.

I think you should just ignore these women when they come by, especially if you can't try the things we've suggested.

We have all made suggestions that really are fairly normal in an average workplace. You don't seem to think they will work for you, and based on your posts, I don't think they will either. NOT trying to insult you, but you haven't "gotten" a lot of the jokes we have made on here, and I think that's what these women in your office are taking advantage of.

I truly believe they made that first comment about it being "hard for you to find someone" because, since you are 34, finding a woman around your age with NO kids WILL be hard. Your choices will dwindle as you age.

Also, how do you know they think you might be gay? If they have said anything to indicate this, you should report it to management. That is NOT allowed.

It sounds like you do have a lot of social awkwardness, and I think they are zeroing in on this. It could be making you a target. But if you just allow them to do it, that's on you. It's one thing to have concern about keeping a job, but your obsessive comments about "termination" reveal that you are willing to take just about anything to keep from getting fired.

You don't have to just sit at your desk and let people make drive-by attacks on you all day long. It's not "causing more drama at work." It's asserting yourself as a human and getting people off your back and allowing you to DO your job.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM

13,235 posts, read 10,896,925 times
Quote:
Freedom of speech means that you can't be punished or arrested by the government for what you say. It does not mean you can say whatever you want wherever you want (the workplace, the comment section of the local paper, etc.) without consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships