U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 AM

1,861 posts, read 1,263,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

I have worked with a few; three that I can think of. They are typically married, more beta than alpha, get along better with the women in the office than the men, always chide the man when a gossipy topic hits the media, and on and on. I don't understand how they can be married providers and not even minimally empathize with their own gender.
I reckon you subscribe to the whole Alpha-Beta-Charlie psychobabble, so I'm fairly certain you'll agree with my assumption that there'd have to be an alpha male feminist somewhere in that social circle. If not, who the heck are these supposedly beta males following, right?

Quote:
I'd love to know what makes a "male feminist" tick.
For me, it's women with big butts wearing really tight trousers. But hey, that's just me though. Yea, and soccer and all things Oil & Gas related. Screw all that Bio-fuels and Solar Energy nonsense.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Fail/succeed...where?

Are you talking about the job market?

I always wonder where all this competitive "We can't 'allow' women the SAME rights we have, sheesh...are you crazy?...then they'll WIN" thing comes from. I can never figure out what we're supposed to be winning "over" men.

I'm wondering if it's jobs specifically that are the big fear?
It applies to any kind of opportunity people compete for, and that's probably the case because I can't think of any other circumstance where success/failure applies in the context.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:12 PM

4,780 posts, read 3,138,345 times
As a result of feminism and their male supporters, normal men have formed a movement called MGTOW (men going their own way).

Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM

18,909 posts, read 11,093,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
As a result of feminism and their male supporters, normal men have formed a movement called MGTOW (men going their own way).
Calling them normal is up for debate. I consider my dh to be normal and he's light years from from a mgtow member.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Status: "Ft. Knox/Louisville for the weekend." (set 11 hours ago)

14,469 posts, read 16,137,077 times
Quote:
I don't want to be called a feminist and I don't want to be called a bigot. I'll stay an independent who believes women should have equal rights and opportunities.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Nah, the issue is controversial because certain people harbor sexist proclivities . Unfortunately, these sexist tendencies are sometimes unintentionally. In other words, they just don't know any better.

There shouldn't be any controversy around the notion that some men will fail for some women to succeed. Men have lost and will lose opportunities to better qualified men, and other men will lose opportunities to better qualified women. That's how it's supposed to pan out. IMO, there's really no legitimate non-sexist reason behind this controversy.
You're putting too much value in a diminished skill set. Some men will fail where some women succeed and that just boils down to people, rather than gender.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM

4,780 posts, read 3,138,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, this is really just a bunch of nonsensical baloney.

What's a normal man? Someone who sits around in his wife beaters watching ESPN every night?

Guys like the one of whom you speak are really kind of pathetic. They need this huge pseudo-philosophical framework to justify why they can't get laid. What they're really saying is, "Why can't I get to do precisely what I want when I want in the way I want it?" This is being a child, not a man.

Here's the deal. If you're a guy who is responsible for himself, takes good care of himself and his appearances, is considerate of others, behaves as if youre not the center of the universe, and has a backbone, you will have no problem finding women in life, whether you're a high-priced corporate attorney or a bricklayer. Because that means you're a man, not some whiny guy who needs to spin some fantasy archetypes out of thin air as some kind of lame rationalization for his inherent failure as a person.
A normal man is a man who doesn't need to bash or shame another man just to prove he's better than other men, whether or not women are present. And you insulted my friend, making assumptions he was doing something illegal in his profession? That's definitely low of a man to degrade another man.

Which why I say these other men are just as bad as feminists, if not worse.

Last edited by West of Encino; 02-29-2012 at 02:15 PM..

Old 02-29-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
A normal man is a man who doesn't need to bash or shame another man just to prove he's better than other men, whether or not women are present.

Which why I say these other men are just as bad as feminists, if not worse.
So you don't think it's about justifying how these guys are not getting sex or attention from women. Ok. If it's not about that than what is it about? Can one of you share how you were influenced by women today, yesterday, or last year if you were simply staying away from them? What exactly do you want that doesn't involve anyone else, but you're not getting?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You're putting too much value in a diminished skill set.
How so?

Quote:
Some men will fail where some women succeed and that just boils down to people, rather than gender.
I'm pretty sure that's what I said but ok.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,225,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Any man that supports equal rights and opportunity for the genders is a feminist.
Well, that's not exactly the aspect of feminism being discussed and you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships