U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM

1,741 posts, read 1,245,489 times
I thought about joining a feminist group once, lotsa girls I thought, but then I noticed none of the "women" were very feminine, and opted out... not much bed-sheet potential...
So not only is feminism irritating, it's also useless...

Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM

19,081 posts, read 11,619,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
How so?

I'm pretty sure that's what I said but ok.
You said "some men will fail for some women to succeed" as if the succeeding is dependent on the failing when it's not. That's how it read to me. Perhaps that's not how you meant it.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, that's not exactly the aspect of feminism being discussed and you know it.
What's being discussed is not any form of feminism.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:20 PM

8,152 posts, read 5,361,193 times
Actually some of us are talking about pure equality with no hidden agendas. Radical feminism is just not worth discussing, proponents of this are in the minority. I have no idea what some of these men are even talking about with their wild views on men being denigrated and having no rights and yada yada men have it so bad. Maybe they're just young and dumb and full of crap because in the real world almost every man I know supports equal rights for everyone, not just women.

Now excuse me while I go and bake a nice chocolate cake for my man to show him how much I appreciate a real man in my life.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:21 PM

1,741 posts, read 1,245,489 times
I just had a general thought on tha last point the OP had; the "elite men" who uses their position of power to get women.
Isn't that the entire freaken point of getting power in the first place?
Our entire evolutionarily grounded strive for power is drivven by the fact that pack-alfa gets bone the females, and that the females like to get boned by the alfa. What the hell else would power be made for?
If I were ever to earn enough money for it(big IF), and am still single(likely) you can be damned sure my secretary, housekeeper, assistant, trainee and whatever else position i can fill with young coeds "making their way through college", will be filled by women based entire on their looks and pontential swayability towards the bed.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Actually some of us are talking about pure equality with no hidden agendas. Radical feminism is just not worth discussing, proponents of this are in the minority. I have no idea what some of these men are even talking about with their wild views on men being denigrated and having no rights and yada yada men have it so bad. Maybe they're just young and dumb and full of crap because in the real world almost every man I know supports equal rights for everyone, not just women.

Now excuse me while I go and bake a nice chocolate cake for my man to show him how much I appreciate a real man in my life.
This is key. There is a line drawn in the sand between the relationship miserable and the relationship contented. The latter group wants to assign titles like feminism to their plight, but it's simply too much to expect everyone to dumb it down.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:05 PM

19,134 posts, read 13,955,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I thought about joining a feminist group once, lotsa girls I thought, but then I noticed none of the "women" were very feminine, and opted out... not much bed-sheet potential...
So women are worthless if they aren't physically attractive? Women should only be equal as long as they're hot enough?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:28 PM

23,444 posts, read 16,650,252 times
Quote:
I'm sure this will come as a surprise to you, but feminism is not there to "service" you.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM

23,444 posts, read 16,650,252 times
Quote:
I just had a general thought on tha last point the OP had; the "elite men" who uses their position of power to get women.
Isn't that the entire freaken point of getting power in the first place?
Our entire evolutionarily grounded strive for power is drivven by the fact that pack-alfa gets bone the females, and that the females like to get boned by the alfa. What the hell else would power be made for?
If I were ever to earn enough money for it(big IF), and am still single(likely) you can be damned sure my secretary, housekeeper, assistant, trainee and whatever else position i can fill with young coeds "making their way through college", will be filled by women based entire on their looks and pontential swayability towards the bed.
And they'll all be dumber than a bag of hammers.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm sure this will come as a surprise to you, but feminism is not there to "service" you.
Well, he did just say this in another thread.

"What the hell would I be doing on this forum if I had any type of success in terms of relationships/women?"

Clearly, that's no big surprise lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships