Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

I'd love to know what makes a "male feminist" tick.
Any man that supports equal rights and opportunity for the genders is a feminist. Feminism is typically a consequence of civility, intelligence, education, and SES. While the masses may not sit under that umbrella, it is mainstream, so you really have your pick of the litter to figure how such men tick.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
how the hell is Obama a misandrist?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:59 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Any man that supports equal rights and opportunity for the genders is a feminist. Feminism is typically a consequence of civility, intelligence, education, and SES. While the masses may not sit under that umbrella, it is mainstream, so you really have your pick of the litter to figure how such men tick.
I'm talking about men who put habitually put men on a lower rung than women, especially when there are measurable criteria at hand (education, job experience, etc), just as in the stories described.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

Half these guys are actually feminist without even realising it.

Oh the shock and horror

Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
I'm talking about men who put habitually put men on a lower rung than women, especially when there are measurable criteria at hand (education, job experience, etc), just as in the stories described.
Don't be so silly. They are supporting equality, they are not being traitors to their sex.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:

I have worked with a few; three that I can think of. They are typically married, more beta than alpha, get along better with the women in the office than the men, always chide the man when a gossipy topic hits the media, and on and on. I don't understand how they can be married providers and not even minimally empathize with their own gender.
It's not that they don't empathize with their own gender. It's that they don't empathize with domination and a sense of entitlement. (shrug) And I agree, whatever the gender of the domineering, entitled person.

I'm not going to "empathize with my own gender" if it's a person who, say, is a social climber or gold digger. Or thief...the list goes on. Why would I be required to stick up for "the girls" just because we all have vaginas?

Believing a man should stick up for another man who doesn't have anything close to his own beliefs is odd...IMO. :hmm:

Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
how the hell is Obama a misandrist?
Obama is no friend to men. What did Obama do on Father's Day? That's right! He slammed fathers, referring to men as boys. And it got him some female approval and votes.

Obama didn't address the full story as to why there's so many children living in single-parent households. He didn't mention anything about parent alienation, or women who purposely keep fathers out of their children's lives, or the amount of women that commit paternity fraud, not to mention the fact that most single mothers choose to be single mothers.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:39 PM

I also like to add the fact if a man has a high volume of female friends, more than likely he will slam his own gender. He used as an accessory, which is why I don't believe in opposite-sex friendships.

There's men who are in serious relationships, but they still remain close to their female friends (chatting on the phone, hanging out, etc).

Old 02-28-2012, 07:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Obama is no friend to men. What did Obama do on Father's Day? That's right! He slammed fathers, referring to men as boys. And it got him some female approval and votes.

Obama didn't address the full story as to why there's so many children living in single-parent households. He didn't mention anything about parent alienation, or women who purposely keep fathers out of their children's lives, or the amount of women that commit paternity fraud, not to mention the fact that most single mothers choose to be single mothers.
And he doesn't also support fathers and fatherhood in general? And families in general...both fathers and mothers?

How is this misandrist anyway? Would it have also been misandrist if a woman had said it? If so, then you're saying anyone telling men who refuse to be parents although they created children, are misandrists. IOW, anyone telling a person that person is wrong, is a misandrist, if the person being pointed to as wrong is a guy.

That is a stretch, WoE.

As for women refusing to have a father in the child's life, that wasn't whom he was speaking about in that particular speech. The speech was specifically related to Father's Day.

Is this really so difficult to understand?

Old 02-28-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And he doesn't also support fathers and fatherhood in general? And families in general...both fathers and mothers?

How is this misandrist anyway? Would it have also been misandrist if a woman had said it? If so, then you're saying anyone telling men who refuse to be parents although they created children, are misandrists. IOW, anyone telling a person that person is wrong, is a misandrist, if the person being pointed to as wrong is a guy.

That is a stretch, WoE.

As for women refusing to have a father in the child's life, that wasn't whom he was speaking about in that particular speech. The speech was specifically related to Father's Day.

Is this really so difficult to understand?
Is it misandric that he chose fellow misandric Joseph Biden. It takes a feminist to write the VAWA acts, therefore enabling double standards.

I'm saying any man who literally shames other men or lets women get away with their crimes are indeed misandrists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships