Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:50 PM

66 posts, read 123,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I understand your frustrations. Have you told him this? If you have, and he still does it, then he is just being a jerk. However, if you've never really expressed these feelings with him, then how would he know..I think alot of people need sensitivity training (both men and women). I think everyone can use a little time to think before they open their mouths. I'm not naive. I'm sure there are guys my girl thinks look good that she might see from time to time. However, she doesn't mention it. Just as I see women that I find attractive from time to time (I'm very picky) and I wouldn't say anything because it would hurt my girls feelings. Why would I want to intentionally do that? I wouldn't. I think that most people who are past a certain age understand that "almost all people" are going to see other people from time to time who causes them to take a second look. That's natural.

I think it's kind of cruel that he reserves certain things for other women and doesn't acknowledge you in that way. He seems a bit insensitive. Maybe even a bit immature. I don't know how old you are. But I will say this. You are going to get older. We all do. Such is life. There will come a time when this might bother you less. You will come to an understanding that while he might not tell you he thinks your "hot" too. That you will just know that he does think that about you, otherwise, he most likely would not be with you. Sometimes we find something in others that make us really like them and we really can't pin point a certain reason why. Maybe your that type to him. Which in my eyes is the best type. That's that rare type of chemistry where you get the other person but don't know why.. It's not your hair. It's not your lips. Not your thighs. Not your backside. It's the whole package. He also might be reserved to telling you nice things, because he wants to keep you wondering (possibly a touch of games)..A lot of people do this type of thing. They think that if they give too much to someone that that person will stop liking them (a bit insecure maybe). They feel there needs to remain some mystery/doubt. It could be as simple as that. I really woudn't worry too much about it..

My biggest thing that I've learned in life when dealing with any girlfriend is to pick my battles. You have to let some things go. No matter how they make you feel. Otherwise your giving the other person way too much power. If he knows you can be so easily hurt, he will have more buttons to push. Don't know if that makes any sense.
I wish I had read this reply sooner. It makes me feel much better knowing my feelings are legitimate. Also, it totally make sense that I should just learn to let it go, or else I would be giving the other person " too much power". I will remember that. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

Or is this is boyfriend who told you that you looked "fobbish"...
Ohhhhsnap! rofl

Old 03-01-2012, 08:17 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,666 times
If his eyes popped out o had, his tongue rolled out and he was panting & drooling, I'd probably be a little upset and think he was a dog to boot.

However, it was just a "wow", I honestly don't see the big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships