Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,996,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I missed the part where he turned to his girl friend and said "She is much better looking than you. You should try to look like her..."
What? I'm not sure what that had to do with what I said. I'm simply stating he can look--that's fine, I don't give a [bleep]. It's going to happen, as I said. But hopefully he'll have enough respect to do it respectfully if his woman is with him; not acting like he's never seen a woman before, not acting like he's having an orgasm looking at her, not acting like his woman isn't right there beside him. You know. Common sense, human decency type of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post

Did you know that something as simple as looking into a woman's eyes can produce extra serotonin in the brain. This contributes to the happy and butterfly feeling of attraction, which leads to things like guys stuttering like idiots when talking to a woman they find attractive.

Now, how do you suggest a human stop a physiological reaction on command?
Oh I dunno....a few things that come to mind are....self control....class....respect for the woman beside him....common decency...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,148,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppsyout View Post
So bf and I were watching Bachelor show together when there's a sexy woman showed up in the show, bf eyes went pop out and make this adimiring " wow" sound like he has never seen a beautiful woman before. He has never looked/admired me that way.

I felt hurt and yelled at him. Am I wrong?

You both were in a way. If he's never said that to you, then yes, he shouldn't have said that out loud. It's a bit insensitive.

However, he was just in awe of someone else's beauty. Something in which we all can be at times, wheather we're with someone or not. You could have just let it go. I know it didn't feel good for you to hear that, but I wouldn't have made a fuss about it. It's not like he's going to go hunt her down the next day..But again, I can see where you might have been hurt..It sort of makes you feel like if he could have her, he would choose her over you. It's definately not a relationship builder. But not a breaker either..

Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,462,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppsyout View Post

I felt hurt and yelled at him. Am I wrong?
Yes.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 PM

66 posts, read 123,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You both were in a way. If he's never said that to you, then yes, he shouldn't have said that out loud. It's a bit insensitive.

However, he was just in awe of someone else's beauty. Something in which we all can be at times, wheather we're with someone or not. You could have just let it go. I know it didn't feel good for you to hear that, but I wouldn't have made a fuss about it. It's not like he's going to go hunt her down the next day..But again, I can see where you might have been hurt..It sort of makes you feel like if he could have her, he would choose her over you. It's definately not a relationship builder. But not a breaker either..
I tried to let it go when something like this happen before, but then it makes him feel like it's ok to do that since i didn't make a fuss. So he does that repeatly. He just can't learn, even after a few fights about the same issue, he still does it.

He never describe me as " hot", it's the word he use to describe other women.

He does complement me, but it's he's saying that just for the relationship sake. He says things like" you are beautiful, you look nice" etc. But never looked at me like the way he looks at other women. I'm just sad and confused.

He's also attractIed so someone who's wearing a lot makeup, fabulous hair do, and fabulous dresses. I can't do that cause of the nature of my job.

I know i overeated, but it's like the old issues got burried for too long and they all just exploded.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,355,617 times
hurt? over that? smh....pretty juvenile if you ask me. I'd hate to see the OP's reaction over something "worth getting hurt over" if this non issue is considered "offensive"

Old 02-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Cow

153 posts, read 202,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Just think about what he's doing when you're not actually in the room....
You mean when she's up getting the popcorn, he's sitting there watching the commercials?

Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,782,653 times
This sounds like a recipe for a disasterous relationship.

Insecure girl meets immature boy.

You are clearly not compatible with each other.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 PM

19,693 posts, read 20,213,201 times
I think throwing the remote at his head would be really funny.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 PM

270 posts, read 487,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
What? I'm not sure what that had to do with what I said. I'm simply stating he can look--that's fine, I don't give a [bleep]. It's going to happen, as I said. But hopefully he'll have enough respect to do it respectfully if his woman is with him; not acting like he's never seen a woman before, not acting like he's having an orgasm looking at her, not acting like his woman isn't right there beside him. You know. Common sense, human decency type of stuff.

Oh I dunno....a few things that come to mind are....self control....class....respect for the woman beside him....common decency...
It won't let me rep you again...just wanted to say, it's so nice to see that there are men out there that think this (and can you move to VA?!). I know that men are gonna look...and I'll be looking too...but there's no reason to be disrespectful about it!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:02 PM

19,693 posts, read 20,213,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2009 View Post
It won't let me rep you again...just wanted to say, it's so nice to see that there are men out there that think this (and can you move to VA?!). I know that men are gonna look...and I'll be looking too...but there's no reason to be disrespectful about it!

Wait, isn't Whyte Byrd a woman...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships