Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,592,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Why don't the fat people just get together with one another.

Problem solved.
1. Fat women don't like fat men.

2. I can't hook up with a fat woman because they can't keep up with me physically (stereotype).

Old 03-02-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
They could, but many of them are not attracted to fat people. My sister was obese for years. She's a great person. She really is -- always was. As a fat person, she was very outgoing, ambitious, hard working, dressed in great fashions that complimented her body, etc. Even though at her heaviest, she was over 300 lbs (yes, that big), she never had trouble dating. She was the rare, rare fat girl who had it together in so many ways that she pretty desirable regardless.

{By the way, she was fat because she ate garbage.. not epic portions of garbage, but enough .. she ate fast food once a day, a starbucks sugary drink once a day, and a bag of potato chips for a snack at night... yep, do that for five years, and you'll need a bigger couch.)

Anyways, she wouldn't date fat guys. Her husband was getting a little chunky once, and she complained. He was shocked, but there it was .. she explained that he married her fat, she didn't marry a fat man, and she wouldn't. She had standards.
The definition of hypocrisy.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,617,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The definition of hypocrisy.
Pretty much, but there you are. What are you going to do?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:21 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,714,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It's not that anyone hates fat women. There is more to it for that at least for me. Can you say health issues? Lets say you start to have feelings for this person. How long before they drop dead of a heart attack? Do you really want to be with someone who might die on you because of thier weight or other health issues?

I can't say so much about the men being fat, if someone want to take that cause up they can go ahead -- but I'm telling you what i know about women. and if you're a fat woman, majority males (almost all) do not want you and considers you worthless as far as they are concerned....and it's not about health issues that's what they will tell you b/c if it was a skinny woman with cancer, I guess they're going to fall out of love with her too because some cancers will make you drop dead quick, right? No. Let me tell you what it's really about, looks: they do not like fat women b/c they are into those really nice supermodel body types. they feel they need to compete with other men where their women are concerned, so the best looking woman on their arm 'proves' something about them personally.....men are 9 times out of 10 about the looks of a woman & how quickly she is planning on sleeping with them, period. this is because the more attractive a woman is, the more they consider her valuable. i don't know why they just don't own up to it and say that's what it is. But anyways, I know what they're all about either way.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Pretty much, but there you are. What are you going to do?
Me? Absolutely nothing.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But how many people actually do that? These kinds of threads always get mired in hyperbole. Women don't either weigh 115 or 350. People don't either train for marathons or do nothing but sit on the couch eating a whole pizza. There are people who exercise who aren't thin, and there are people who never lift a finger who are. Obviously people are going to be attracted to what they like, but there's no need to make all kinds of exaggerations and judgments.

this is absolutely right.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:37 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,900,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
People are really clueless about what women should weigh.
That is why as I have said over and over and over again, its all about the visual. I really dont care what the scale says, or what the tag on your clothing says, its all about the VISUAL to me FIRST!! I guess instead of saying WEIGHT is a dealbreaker, for me WIDTHS is more accurate as to if its a dealbreaker or not.

You hear about it all the time, and read about it here where people are all like "Oh, I am a size blah blah blah blah.......". Its NOT important the size clothes you wear or what the scale says. Its about how you LOOK!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:46 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,218,103 times
ahh bless threads like these ... reminding me no matter how much i am ok with myself, guys still wont want me for more than anything but a hook up just because i dont look like the chicks on TV. le sigh. oh well.

FRENCH FRIES!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That is why as I have said over and over and over again, its all about the visual. I really dont care what the scale says, or what the tag on your clothing says, its all about the VISUAL to me FIRST!! I guess instead of saying WEIGHT is a dealbreaker, for me WIDTHS is more accurate as to if its a dealbreaker or not.

You hear about it all the time, and read about it here where people are all like "Oh, I am a size blah blah blah blah.......". Its NOT important the size clothes you wear or what the scale says. Its about how you LOOK!!!
True. I know lots of 180-plusers and even some 200-plusers who make me drool.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletneon View Post
ahh bless threads like these ... reminding me no matter how much i am ok with myself, guys still wont want me for more than anything but a hook up just because i dont look like the chicks on TV. le sigh. oh well.

FRENCH FRIES!!!

Well I tried to make this point yesterday about all that self esteem crap basically being a waste of time -- but got shot down, sigh...but alas, agree with you. I say though, better to face the truth instead of pretending something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.