U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 PM

42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
You can't change who you are attracted to. That's a nice idea, settle for someone you aren't attracted to just so you aren't alone. That'd be a miserable relationship.
Well, there is another option (because I essentially believe in that, too) - no relationship. If it's any consolation, I go for that one when there's nobody worthwhile around.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:18 AM

151 posts, read 117,743 times
I want a girl who will come hiking and rock climbing with me and I am not attracted to overweight girls so yea if a girl is overweight I will refuse to date her.
I am not in to skinny girls I am in to toned girls, not muscular but toned.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:11 AM

154 posts, read 35,180 times
Is a woman is bigger than me, yep!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:41 AM

154 posts, read 35,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-H View Post
Is a woman is bigger than me, yep!
Totally meant "if".....

Old 06-06-2012, 12:54 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,861,587 times
Well, ere are two sides to this...Fat, as in obese, unhealthy, unwilling to make lifestyle changes, unwilling to take care of yourself and lazy. OR: overweight, due to unhealthy choices/mistakes, medical reasons, working at it, trying to be healthier, making changes. Realizing you are overweight and attempting to make changes to be healthy is fine for me. For me, it's not the weight that's the issue..it's the health factor that would bother me. I wouldn't get involved with someone who didn't respect their body, and take care of themselves. Let's face it, no man, no woman is going to be attracted to an obese person. It's what's inside that matters right? Well, if your insides match your outsides, THATS the deal breaker.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:11 PM

19,127 posts, read 14,401,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzane View Post
I want a girl who will come hiking and rock climbing with me and I am not attracted to overweight girls so yea if a girl is overweight I will refuse to date her.
I am not in to skinny girls I am in to toned girls, not muscular but toned.
I know plenty of 'toned' girls who can't run a mile and only workout if it's in a gym.... I'm overweight and can run a 6 minute mile, go rock climbing and I go on a couple mile hike by the beach every weekend. People use the excuse of 'if she's overweight, she's obviously not in shape' when they really mean 'I'm not attracted to overweight women regardless of their health status' At least be honest about it.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM

145 posts, read 123,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know plenty of 'toned' girls who can't run a mile and only workout if it's in a gym.... I'm overweight and can run a 6 minute mile, go rock climbing and I go on a couple mile hike by the beach every weekend. People use the excuse of 'if she's overweight, she's obviously not in shape' when they really mean 'I'm not attracted to overweight women regardless of their health status' At least be honest about it.
The difference is those who do those things with any regularity, will not be overweight. You may be able to run a 6 minute mile but if you're only doing it twice a year...that doesn't really amount to much.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM

19,127 posts, read 14,401,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunters4life View Post
The difference is those who do those things with any regularity, will not be overweight. You may be able to run a 6 minute mile but if you're only doing it twice a year...that doesn't really amount to much.
I do it often. I run at least 20 miles a week, and bike around 50.

A good friend of mine is a model down in LA...she eats like a horse, couldn't walk a mile if she tried and yet she's 6' tall and 115 lbs without trying. I'm in far better shape than she will ever be but for some reason just because she's thin people will assume she's healthier than me.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 PM

545 posts, read 389,368 times
I don't mind a FEW extra lbs if he is active also, more than that is a total deal breaker. I put effort into eating healthy and exercise, how could I be with a man who is different in basic lifestyle choices?

Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 PM

145 posts, read 123,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I do it often. I run at least 20 miles a week, and bike around 50.
What are your eating habits like if you are this active and still overweight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.