Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 08:15 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's just another person who likes to put down others to make themselves feel better about their 'obviously better' life decisions. I've met plenty of 'fat' people who are in great shape. Not to say there are many 'fat' people who really do need to lose weight and are lazy, but I don't feel like demonizing them and making them feel bad about themselves because that's not going to help either.
No, I have not put anyone down and I have not made threads on this matter. I have spoken the TRUTH which is that obesity is UNHEALTHY. You are the one who is spreading lies about your "obviously better" life yet what you promote is going to KILL women who listen to you. How dare you sit on your high horse about your own obesity, knowingly promoting the deaths of other people only to make sure you feel better about yourself when you look in the mirror. And you think you can point the finger at me?

PS you are lying when you claim you were once 6'1" and 115 pounds, and still poked fun at for being fat. Total lie and you and I both know it.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:16 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
How is the truth being judgmental or small minded? Sarah is going to have a shorter life span than gals who aren't so fat... better to speak the truth so that gals can make up their own minds about where they want to be physically. "Obese girl walked up a hill" empowerment is a lie and hurts people.
Please. At 45, I've had friends die that weren't over weight, and did physical labor every day. I also have friends that are over weight and outlived friends who have passed away.

I WISH life was so cut and dried that if you do A + B + C you will live long and healthy. Unfortunately that's just not the case.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
No, I have not put anyone down and I have not made threads on this matter. I have spoken the TRUTH which is that obesity is UNHEALTHY. You are the one who is spreading lies about your "obviously better" life yet what you promote is going to KILL women who listen to you. How dare you sit on your high horse about your own obesity, knowingly promoting the deaths of other people only to make sure you feel better about yourself when you look in the mirror. And you think you can point the finger at me?
When did I ever say I was obese???? I'm around 20 lbs overweight according to my BMI and have REGULAR blood work done that proves I'm healthy. I can run a mile in just under 6-1/2 minutes and regularly exercise.

Yeah, I feel like crap when I look in the mirror because I KNOW I'm healthy and yet I have extra fat around my hips and stomach that I can't get rid of. Do you seriously think you're making people sit up and say 'wow, I should lose some weight because some internet bully said I might be fat'.

I'm not promoting any lifestyle, I'm just stating the FACT that some overweight folks can still be healthy and that being thin doesn't mean you're automatically healthy. Again, do you think my friend who is 112 lbs at 6' tall is healthier than me? Because she subsists on diet coke and cigarettes...but she's thin so she's OBVIOUSLY healthier!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
When did I ever say I was obese???? I'm around 20 lbs overweight according to my BMI and have REGULAR blood work done that proves I'm healthy. I can run a mile in just under 6-1/2 minutes and regularly exercise.

Yeah, I feel like crap when I look in the mirror because I KNOW I'm healthy and yet I have extra fat around my hips and stomach that I can't get rid of. Do you seriously think you're making people sit up and say 'wow, I should lose some weight because some internet bully said I might be fat'.

I'm not promoting any lifestyle, I'm just stating the FACT that some overweight folks can still be healthy and that being thin doesn't mean you're automatically healthy. Again, do you think my friend who is 112 lbs at 6' tall is healthier than me? Because she subsists on diet coke and cigarettes...but she's thin so she's OBVIOUSLY healthier!!!
And technically I am under weight. And NOT healthy according to my blood work for a variety of reasons.

You will probably out live me.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And technically I am under weight. And NOT healthy according to my blood work for a variety of reasons.

You will probably out live me.
Nah, I probably won't, unfortunately. My genetic disorder is really iffy and it's recently been linked to Parkinson's as well... so I figure if I make it to 70 I'll be super lucky.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Nah, I probably won't, unfortunately. My genetic disorder is really iffy and it's recently been linked to Parkinson's as well... so I figure if I make it to 70 I'll be super lucky.
Ah, I've been diagnosed with rare disease that has low survival rate... I'm just not showing symptoms....

I wish us the best in racing to the finish line.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:

So what you are saying is, it is all about YOU. I never said YOU are obese. I said that OBESITY is unhealthy and I stand behind that.. If YOU are NOT obese, then my words aren't referring to YOU. Stop being so self centered, the rest of us aren't posting with you in particular in mind. You aren't that fascinating. This forum isn't all about YOU!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
So what you are saying is, it is all about YOU. I never said you are obese. I said that obesity is unhealthy. If you are NOT obese, then my words aren't referring to you. Stop being so self centered, the rest of us aren't posting with you in particular in mind. You aren't that fascinating.
And your opinions are not that fascinating. If being narrow-minded is your thing, then you are doing a great job.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:

PS you are lying when you claim you were once 6'1" and 115 pounds, and still poked fun at for being fat. Total lie and you and I both know it.
What you spoke to JetJockey. Not personal?

Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
So what you are saying is, it is all about YOU. I never said YOU are obese. I said that OBESITY is unhealthy and I stand behind that.. If YOU are NOT obese, then my words aren't referring to YOU. Stop being so self centered, the rest of us aren't posting with you in particular in mind. You aren't that fascinating. This forum isn't all about YOU!
Then perhaps you should work on the way you write because you specifically said 'YOUR obesity' in reply to me.

We can both agree obesity is unhealthy, but you seem to lack the ability to differentiate between obesity and being overweight and put them both in the same category. I have the feeling that whenever you describe a 'fat' person (which you seem oddly obsessed with on this forum) you're thinking of a person who is 5' tall and 500 lbs, but that's not all that's out there.

You're a bully and I find that far more unattractive than any 'fat' person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships