Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

its not the fat its the deception. deception is the mother of all deal breakers. disclosure, just like real estate, is everything.
my favorite part of accounting audit class was--- what does the auditor do when he finds a gross false assertion by management???. change the audit program. what does management do??? make all out attempt to convince auditor this was a 1 time mistake and auditor was by million to one odds there when it happened.
here is another fat gal deception. she swears ok she is fat but has a heart of gold. turns out, she is a rotten person a perfect snake. another deception. its all about deception 100%. of course if u come clean then u really cant ask for antonio banderas can u?

Old 03-02-2012, 10:23 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think there's a bit of truth to it, though. You may an the exception...in the end people are individuals, so these are generalisations, but there's a tendency for some women to play up how un-shallow they are.
In my own life - I have seen way more fit, attractive women with overweight men than the other way around. Most of my friends are more attractive that their husbands with a few exceptions. However - they are all great people so it's not like they are devoid of any other value. Men, on the whole, are more visual. This isn't to say that all men only want extremely hot women. But more importance is places on women's looks than men's looks. This is why women wear make up and men don't. This is why there are more beauty products for women than there are for men. If it makes you feel better to think that women are more shallow than men on the whole - that's fine. Are there shallow women? Of course. But don't think for a minute that women as a whole place more importance on how a man looks than the other way around.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I have no issues with larger men, I do have issues when they are blatently overweight, and eating a big plate of fries, and a coke. At least make an effort to be healthy.
And herein lies the problem. Blatantly overweight people are constantly eating a big plate of fries with a coke, before they have a nice slice of cake. That's just the truth. Do I have a problem with chronically broke people who are in debt who spend their paychecks on lottery tickets? Yep.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In my own life - I have seen way more fit, attractive women with overweight men than the other way around. Most of my friends are more attractive that their husbands with a few exceptions. However - they are all great people so it's not like they are devoid of any other value. Men, on the whole, are more visual. This isn't to say that all men only want extremely hot women. But more importance is places on women's looks than men's looks. This is why women wear make up and men don't. This is why there are more beauty products for women than there are for men. If it makes you feel better to think that women are more shallow than men on the whole - that's fine. Are there shallow women? Of course. But don't think for a minute that women as a whole place more importance on how a man looks than the other way around.
Yes male attractive still is more visual, I think, although I personally know plenty of women who are picky and talk a lot about looks. I think part of the reason why women's looks are played up so much is cultural as well. Biologically there's no reason why women ought to wear more make-up. This over-emphasis on looks is partly fueled by the cosmetic and other industries which creates unrealistically high standards for women.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,664 times
I was just thinking about this today. We had a guest speaker for class today, and I though, "Oh, he's fat. He's kinda gross." But he was a fantastic speaker, incredibly funny, was charming, had a stunning smile, wonderful personality, and I just wanted to be around him. Within 20 minutes, he looked less heavy to me and just became more and more attractive.

So initial reaction is that it's a deal breaker, unless someone can turn me on in another way.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,664 times
Quote:
And herein lies the problem. Blatantly overweight people are constantly eating a big plate of fries with a coke, before they have a nice slice of cake. That's just the truth. Do I have a problem with chronically broke people who are in debt who spend their paychecks on lottery tickets? Yep.
Yeah, I agree with both of these statements. I have friends who are overweight, and when we go out to eat, they always order the most unhealthy things on the menu, while order what's probably the healthiest. I'm thin and in great shape, so I'm not going jeopardize my health with a heaping plate of fat! These same friends (the ones who have kids) also feed their kids endless streams of garbage.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I was just thinking about this today. We had a guest speaker for class today, and I though, "Oh, he's fat. He's kinda gross." But he was a fantastic speaker, incredibly funny, was charming, had a stunning smile, wonderful personality, and I just wanted to be around him. Within 20 minutes, he looked less heavy to me and just became more and more attractive.

So initial reaction is that it's a deal breaker, unless someone can turn me on in another way.
I find some otherwise plain or somewhat overweight women more attractive if they're funny. I think it's a myth guys don't find humour attractive in a woman, especially if she's got a slightly raunchy sense of humour (I emphasize slightly) it's a turn on for me. In fact a boring personality turns me off. If she's hot I'd still be physically attracted, but might lose interest later on.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Women are like this. It's nice to be a man. Men... not so much. Most guys who go for fat women are only looking for an easy score. My advice to fat people: lose weight.

If you don't know how, follow this very simple formula for six months and watch the pounds melt off: eat egg whites and whole grain toast for breakfast; eat a small portion of lean protein (fish or chicken, baked, not fried), a starch (rice or potatoes) and two vegetables for lunch and dinner. Run, jog or walk (depending on fitness level.. if you can only walk, work toward running) for 30 minutes four to five times a week. Voila. I guarantee you won't be obese if you do that. If you started very obese, you might still be a little chubby, but you will considered very dateable weight-wise by most people.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Women are like this. It's nice to be a man. Men... not so much. Most guys who go for fat women are only looking for an easy score. My advice to fat people: lose weight.

If you don't know how, follow this very simple formula for six months and watch the pounds melt off: eat egg whites and whole grain toast for breakfast; eat a small portion of lean protein (fish or chicken, baked, not fried), a starch (rice or potatoes) and two vegetables for lunch and dinner. Run, jog or walk (depending on fitness level.. if you can only walk, work toward running) for 30 minutes four to five times a week. Voila. I guarantee you won't be obese if you do that. If you started very obese, you might still be a little chubby, but you will considered very dateable weight-wise by most people.
There's a flip side to this. The woman might not find your body all that attractive, but if you're getting lovin' anyway, I guess does that matter? It would to me, but maybe not to some.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with both of these statements. I have friends who are overweight, and when we go out to eat, they always order the most unhealthy things on the menu, while order what's probably the healthiest. I'm thin and in great shape, so I'm not going jeopardize my health with a heaping plate of fat! These same friends (the ones who have kids) also feed their kids endless streams of garbage.
I'm not unsympathetic to fat people. I understand that some are profoundly ignorant when it comes to food. I also understand that what other people eat is really none of my business. I don't care if someone wants to eat three slices of cake a day. Go for it. It's your life. If you try to complain to me that others don't want to date you, you're only going to get a lecture from me on proper nutrition though, so don't waste your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships