Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 03:57 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
No it doesn't. Why do you keep disputing this? Is it that way because you say so?

I'm not trying to be difficult but I'm trying to figure out how someone could be so de-humanizing as to say someone is not a valuable person because of weight....
I thought we were talking about valuable in the sense of attraction in the dating world...

Or, you could just keep redefining things to suit your stupid line of reasoning. Sorry, weight is just as important to guys as credit history is to a woman, probably more so.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well some of the men claims on here they don't want the 'b*tchy hot woman' they will take some nice plain jane over her. who do they think they are fooling with this B.S? LOL.

Far as I've ever seen IRL, they will take the 'hot b*tchy woman' no matter how she acts towards them as long as she wants them as well.
No disputing that. But a lot of women will take a "hot guy" who treats them badly and cheats on them, too.

People are extremely idealistic when they talk about stuff like this, but the reality is they'll put aside all the things they call important if the guy/girl is hot enough. That's a symptom of biology overtaking reason.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
If someone looks like Roseanne, then oh well! That doesn't mean she's less valuable on the dating market.

I dont think we are having 2 different convos here, I'm just trying to appeal to your basic human emotions.

You didn't think it was messed up that these women wouldn't give you the time of day because of a silly fixable reason such as your weight? I know I think it's messed up. And I actually do work out and try!
if its so silly, why didnt they fix it. Why should they wait until they are with somebody before decide to lose weight? What does it say about the woman that she refuses to lose weight?

Old 06-21-2012, 04:06 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
How? Because I a few extra pounds? That doesn't take away my right to believe men are shallow to disregard me for being over weight when as I said before, they could wind up with worse?
You have every right to think someone shallow for that. As they have the right to not want to date you. Recognizing that that is a match made in hell is a beautiful thing.

Quote:
I'm not trying to have my cake and eat it to. I'm asking for basic human understanding, compassion and/or decency. Something men clearly don't think us, "fatties," deserve.
Well what actual behavior does that basic human understanding and compassion result in? If you mean that people have no right to be rude to you (I have not read every post in this thread, so perhaps that has happened) then I am right there with you. But if you mean that people should deny their basic attraction to mercy date you, then I think that's nuts.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
No disputing that. But a lot of women will take a "hot guy" who treats them badly and cheats on them, too.

People are extremely idealistic when they talk about stuff like this, but the reality is they'll put aside all the things they call important if the guy/girl is hot enough. That's a symptom of biology overtaking reason.

UGH! That might be the measure of maturity. I was presented with plenty of hot guys that had to get an hasta la vista, baby. IMO the key is to be willing to be single and not settle. Then when that hot man/woman who is also an internal jewel comes along, you will be ready to snatch him or her up.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
if its so silly, why didnt they fix it. Why should they wait until they are with somebody before decide to lose weight? What does it say about the woman that she refuses to lose weight?
Because as soon as she admits that, she has to admit the reason dudes are not interested in her is because of her weight, which means the problem exists internally. She's just like all the other people (men and women) who blame other people for why they can't get dates or have failed relationships.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
If someone looks like Roseanne, then oh well! That doesn't mean she's less valuable on the dating market.
Yah, like it or not it really does most of the time. You may not want it to be so. But if you take a pool of men, many, many more of them are going to want a fit woman than an unfit woman. (Don't even get me started with fat fit. That is pure bs.) That is the very definition of valuable.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
UGH! That might be the measure of maturity. I was presented with plenty of hot guys that had to get an hasta la vista, baby. IMO the key is to be willing to be single and not settle. Then when that hot man/woman who is also an internal jewel comes along, you will be ready to snatch him or her up.
Yeah, maturity definitely has something do with it. When I was younger, I would deal with all sorts of bull**** from hot chicks. Now, my patience is low and it doesn't matter how hot they are, I won't put up with some of that crap. Experience gives you better control over the reptile part of your brain that just wants to bang as many hot ladies as possible.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:16 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,640 times
For a relationship yes it's a deal breaker if they're obese. I'm pretty lean so I like being with someone that shares my lifestyle and eating habits. As far as sex goes it depends on how she carries the weight. I've seen and been with a lot of women that weighed 200lbs or more that actually looked good with there clothes off because it was all in their chest and their backside. That desired heart shaped bottom that most guys like is really hot on a big woman and usually makes for great sex to be honest.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Yeah, maturity definitely has something do with it. When I was younger, I would deal with all sorts of bull**** from hot chicks. Now, my patience is low and it doesn't matter how hot they are, I won't put up with some of that crap. Experience gives you better control over the reptile part of your brain that just wants to bang as many hot ladies as possible.

There is a myth circulating that a person who is hot is necessarily also less desirable in other characteristics. My husband is as hot as they come. (Ran the tough mudder a few months ago. Drool.) And the single most awesome person I have ever know. We all have our warts. But he has few.

What it means to be "hot" is going to vary as well. There was a guy I knew who was smokin'. The more I got to know him, the less actually attractive he was. His personality warts could not be hidden by his pecs. What is meaningful in the beginning changes over time. But initial AND ongoing attraction is important. Hubby loves my smile lines. But when either of us starts to gain, it is time to don the sneaks and head back to the gym, and spend more time in the produce aisle than the freezer aisle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships