Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Many of us aren't shallow and don't agree with your particular "criteria" on beauty.
You're certainly allowed to have your own criteria for what constitutes beauty, but 1) it's no less shallow than any other criteria and 2) it goes against inherent biology to dislike physically attractive women.

No where did I ever say there aren't dudes who have low standards and will go out with fat chicks. No where. Plenty of those guys exist. I am not one of them. That does not make me more or less shallow than anyone else.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:27 PM

254 posts, read 341,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Date some ugly guys and let me know how that works out for you.
I have tired to get out of my own way and just try it! It just wasn't in the cards for me to go past date 1 with those 2 guys.

But me trying is a lot more than you can say, because you won't even get out of your own way long enough for you to try.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
You're certainly allowed to have your own criteria for what constitutes beauty, but 1) it's no less shallow than any other criteria and 2) it goes against inherent biology to dislike physically attractive women.

No where did I ever say there aren't dudes who have low standards and will go out with fat chicks. No where. Plenty of those guys exist. I am not one of them. That does not make me more or less shallow than anyone else.
Just because they date overweight women, doesn't mean they have low standards! If anything, they're ahead of the curve and it shows that they have evolved more than the caveman mentality.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
Dude we can keep going 50 more rounds of this if you want to, but my stance is the same.

I'm not trying so much to change your opinion as much as I'm trying to get you to see what it's like from a different view point. If you're not wanting to, fine but stop calling me stupid because my viewpoint is different than yours.
It's not a different point of view, it's an utter lack of logic. You can substitute "poor credit" for "fat" or "crappy job" for "ugly face", it makes no difference. People have criteria they use to determine the attractiveness of a potential mate. Your insistence that one is superior to another is illogical.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:31 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Quote:

Where did I say I had low standards?

Old 06-21-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Just because they date overweight women, doesn't mean they have low standards! If anything, they're ahead of the curve and it shows that they have evolved more than the caveman mentality.
Sure it does, as BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION, thin girls have a larger pool to choose from. They pick the most valuable males, and the rest of the dudes are stuck with the fatties.

Sorry, that's reality.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Sure it does, as BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION, thin girls have a larger pool to choose from. They pick the most valuable males, and the rest of the dudes are stuck with the fatties.

Sorry, that's reality.
They have a large amount of potentials based on the fact they're skinny. That doesn't mean they are a better quality of person Beer.

And how do you know that these guys aren't good looking and capable of landing a skinner girl any day of the week? Can't they just be attracted to who a person is and not their weight? I know, that logical way of thinking must blow a fuse with you every time huh?

Old 06-21-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
They have a large amount of potentials based on the fact they're skinny. That doesn't mean they are a better quality of person Beer.
And it doesn't mean they're a lower quality of person, either.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
And it doesn't mean they're a lower quality of person, either.
I didn't say they were a lower quality. I think women of all sizes are beautiful.

But you really need to sit back and try to challenge yourself on some of your thinking because it comes off as insensitive and de-humanizing.

Bigger girls have one flaw, being overweight. I'm working on mine now. Hell I went for a two mile jog/fast paced walk today. But I'm not lazy, nor am I a less valuable person.

That's highly offensive. At least I'm trying and not one of those fat asses who just feeds herself into being over 400lbs. That, I could understand you saying I'm lazy on, because then it would be true. So what I'm 20, 30, 40 or 50 lbs overweight. Beer even you have to admit, that's a fixable thing.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Weight is fixable.

Stupidity isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships