Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I will only date woman who are in the following weight range
Super Skinny is for me 6 8.82%
No bigger than Ideal is all I will date 15 22.06%
Average +10% is fine but no more 27 39.71%
Like some extra, especially if shes in the voluptuous category 9 13.24%
No problems with a bigger woman as long as she healthy 5 7.35%
No limit up or down, I don't discriminate on weight 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Thats because Men are usually the ones who do the approaching..If women did most of the approaching theyd approach men they were physically attracted to as well..
I hear so many men on this board complaining about how women don't approach men as often as men approach women - but again, I think this goes into men being more visual. It takes time for me to be attracted to a man. I can't just pick a man out in a crowd and think - I want to go out with him. I need to know someone a little bit - see what their sense of humor is like, see how intelligent they are, see a bit of who they are inside. I have asked guys out before - but I knew a bit about them first. From what I can gather from my friends - a lot of women are like this. So - the reason that I didn't hit on men wasn't because I'm "cowardly" - it's because I needed to more about a person for them to spark my interest than "he looks good."

Men, on the whole, are more visual - they see something they like - they go after it. Women, on the whole, are more emotional - they want more of a connection. But once again - in the end - things usually work out. My husband thought I was hot - and once he got to know me - he fell in love with who I am inside and outside. He charmed me with his humor - and now I think he's the hottest guy on earth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 03:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
If my wife gained 30 pounds she'd never hear the end of it. 30 pounds is a completely and totally unacceptable amount of weight to gain. Heck, I'd never shut up about it (and she'd never accept it in me) if either of us gained even 15 pounds. If I didnt say anything to my wife about that kind of weight gain, she'd think that I didnt love her anymore. Plus, we have an agreement to always snap the other back into reality if we notice them gaining weight (i.e., becoming unhealthy).
That is not unconditional love. When I get older I am not going to be stressing out over my weight or trying to stay thin as I don't see the point by then anyway. My parents are not thin like they were when they were young. they're nice and plump older people

as people get older they are going to gain weight. I happen to think older people who are slim look like skeletons. I'd rather get to 60 years old with a nice plump body than all skinny looking like a ghost

Old 03-07-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
If my wife gained 30 pounds she'd never hear the end of it. 30 pounds is a completely and totally unacceptable amount of weight to gain. Heck, I'd never shut up about it (and she'd never accept it in me) if either of us gained even 15 pounds. If I didnt say anything to my wife about that kind of weight gain, she'd think that I didnt love her anymore. Plus, we have an agreement to always snap the other back into reality if we notice them gaining weight (i.e., becoming unhealthy).
I gained over 30 lbs in the past year. Of course - there was a baby involved. Strangely enough - my husband still thinks I'm hot! Oh - I've lost most of the weight but I still have a little way to go. My husband has never pressured me or made me feel bad about myself. He's been awesome! I love him so much!

Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,830,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I gained over 30 lbs in the past year. Of course - there was a baby involved. Strangely enough - my husband still thinks I'm hot! Oh - I've lost most of the weight but I still have a little way to go. My husband has never pressured me or made me feel bad about myself. He's been awesome! I love him so much!
Well I think if a guy gave you a hard time over gaining weight because of a baby then he must be as shallow as they come. Its good he has been so supportive! I know what "workout" I will suggest to my wife whenever she needs to lose weight.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:34 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,830,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
That is not unconditional love. When I get older I am not going to be stressing out over my weight or trying to stay thin as I don't see the point by then anyway. My parents are not thin like they were when they were young. they're nice and plump older people

as people get older they are going to gain weight. I happen to think older people who are slim look like skeletons. I'd rather get to 60 years old with a nice plump body than all skinny looking like a ghost
I think this misconception needs to be eliminated. Getting old does not mean you gain weight. It merely means you have let yourself go. People need to realize that weight gain isn't just about looks, its about health. There are too many old married couples who are content with themselves and their bodies. But they need to realize that they could slowly be killing themselves with how much extra weight they have.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:40 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I think this misconception needs to be eliminated. Getting old does not mean you gain weight. It merely means you have let yourself go. People need to realize that weight gain isn't just about looks, its about health. There are too many old married couples who are content with themselves and their bodies. But they need to realize that they could slowly be killing themselves with how much extra weight they have.
No, gaining weight as you get older does not mean you let yourself go. As you get older, your metabolism slows down so its only natural for you to pick up a few more lbs. I happen to think older plump people tend to look healthier than those who are thin and petite which doesn't look good at all IMO.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:41 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
That is not unconditional love.
What would you know about unconditional love? Are you in a loving relationship? Have you ever been in one? What if for example, you are in a loving relationship with a person who shared say very strong christian values that you do, then all of a sudden, the person decides to become and atheist and says religion is baloney. Would you still continue in a relationship and understand and accept their views and love them? Thats unconditional love isnt it?

At first I was going to say that it has nothing to do with love. But when you think about it, it has EVERYTHING to do with love. Love for each other to make sure we stay healthy as possible so that we can grow old together. Love because we both know how important it is for both of us to be around to raise our kids together. Love because as a family unit, we find it important and invaluable to be living examples of the things we teach our children, and it just so happens that taking care of their health and fitness is one of the many things we stress and teach them.

Besides, I never said I stop loving her, but I'd definitely not be attracted to her (and she me) if this happens.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:23 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,735,156 times
Quote:
I bet alot of the men commenting are probably fat and overweight themselves. They usually are.
I'm not fat, just ugly.

Quote:

A thin elderly person doesn't have to be skin and bones/skeletal. I live in a part of my town that not only contains a lot of very fitness-minded people, but also a lot of retirees. I routinely see men and women who I'm guessing are in their 60s and 70s out walking, biking, and running. These people are nowhere near fat or even plump, and they're not skeletal, either. They're healthy and fit, and they're usually quite attractive for their age. Hell, some of them are attractive for any age. Far more attractive than people that age who simply give up. Of course, not everyone can do that. Some people develop bad knees, have back problems, etc. But most of those people can still avoid becoming truly obese simply by eating right and not eating constantly.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I gained over 30 lbs in the past year. Of course - there was a baby involved.
Having a baby is different. My wife gained 40 pounds with our kid, but she worked her you-know-what off to get back to a normal weight - 122 pounds for her. I helped of course, but for the most part, she did 5 days of yoga and 6 days @3 hours each of ballroom/dance.

For someone to just put on 30 pounds because they are being lazy and not taking care of themselves is just unforgivable. Not only do they let themselves down, but they also let down their spouse/significant other and MOST IMPORTANTLY they let down and fail their children (if they have any).

Old 03-07-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Having a baby is different. My wife gained 40 pounds with our kid, but she worked her you-know-what off to get back to a normal weight - 122 pounds for her. I helped of course, but for the most part, she did 5 days of yoga and 6 days @3 hours each of ballroom/dance.

For someone to just put on 30 pounds because they are being lazy and not taking care of themselves is just unforgivable. Not only do they let themselves down, but they also let down their spouse/significant other and MOST IMPORTANTLY they let down and fail their children (if they have any).
I don't know - I feel like there is some sort of happy medium between thinking someone gaining 30lbs is basically a lazy, good for nothing, failure as person and thinking that 30lbs doesn't matter at all.

Honestly - I don't care how much my husband weighs. He's put on weight since we met - and I think he looks just as good as he always has. My weight goes up and down because I have issues - but I've never been heavy. Personally, because of my issues, I couldn't have married someone that would treat me like crap if I gained a few extra pounds. I know my husband will love me no matter how much I weigh. And he also knows that I'm so completely neurotic that I will probably never be really overweight. But if his love for me were dependent on my weight - I wouldn't be able to handle that. But every person is different and every couple is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships