Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I will only date woman who are in the following weight range
Super Skinny is for me 6 8.82%
No bigger than Ideal is all I will date 15 22.06%
Average +10% is fine but no more 27 39.71%
Like some extra, especially if shes in the voluptuous category 9 13.24%
No problems with a bigger woman as long as she healthy 5 7.35%
No limit up or down, I don't discriminate on weight 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,267,047 times

Advertisements

I don't like fat--sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 04:48 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,920,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Take her as an example of the other end of the spectrum. Just as some people with high weights may not appear heavy, some people with low weights don't appear overly thin.

I'm in the same camp as Sharapova. People half a foot shorter than I am consider themselves thin at my weight, but I don't look unhealthily skinny.
Which is why I don't make a big deal about raw numbers. It's more about looks/how healthy you are. Sharapova is an elite athlete, so while she's naturally talk and slim, she also maintains this weight by a strict diet and exercise program, in contrast to a lot of models who just want to lose weight and are unhealthy.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
59 kilos is about 130 pounds. I think Sharapova is a bit thin and not as athletic/fit looking as I prefer. My wife is 5' 2" at 122 pounds and she looks WAAAAY better than Sharapova. Anna Kournakova (who is a thousand times hotter than Sharapova) is 5' 8" and 120 pounds but her body for some reason looks better than Sharapova's. Serena Williams is 5' 9" and 155 pounds and looks great. Just goes to show just how different women can look at differing heights and weights. Its all about the visual and less about the numbers.

She actually has a bit of curvature here, surprisingly. Not as muscly as most of the female tennis pros you see these days, I think her height gives her more leverage in terms of power.

In terms of her face she's much better looking than Kournikova was. And she's actually a more than decent tennis player too.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 01:26 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I love how women pretend they have no physical preferences at all in a Man and would date anyone and its just men who are all shallow pigs..

Or the ones who say look at inside for my inner beauty but wont for men if hes not over a certain height or whatever..
I definitely don't buy the popular idea that men are shallower than women.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,469,246 times
Default yup

Yes, no matter how much weight I gain or lose, I still date them!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:56 AM

3,890 posts, read 6,804,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
No, gaining weight as you get older does not mean you let yourself go. As you get older, your metabolism slows down so its only natural for you to pick up a few more lbs. I happen to think older plump people tend to look healthier than those who are thin and petite which doesn't look good at all IMO.
Yes, your metabolism slows down. But that isn't an excuse to get fat.

You know what you need to do is eat less, or workout more. I love hearing the "my metabolism is slower than most people". Or the "I have a disease" type of excuses. Anyone can starve to death... Everybody's metabolism is different at ANY age. So essentially somebody who is thin in their 20's may actually have a slower metabolism than somebody else who is fat at the same age. It all comes down to lifestyle. Your lifestyle should support your well being.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,898,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I don't like 100 pounds and I don't like 300 pounds. I like mostly everything in between.
I am of the belief that no woman should weight 200 pounds. Heck, I dont think a woman should be in the 180s even (unless she's tall and super super athletic). It just isnt right. Im 6' 1" and even when I was trying really really really hard to get to 200 pounds, I just couldnt do it. I was eating like crazy and working out harder than I ever worked out before. Only could get to 199 pounds and that was big for me with being heavily muscled. A 200 pound woman just isnt right.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Personally, because of my issues, I couldn't have married someone that would treat me like crap if I gained a few extra pounds.
I totally get it. That is why when I met my wife, I knew we were destined to be married because we both had the EXACT same outlook and views on (many many things) but especiall health and physical fitness. We both would expect the other to say something if we start to put on weight because we equate weight gain with poor health (or potential health issues) and just refuse to sit back and let the other person ruin their health and would really be upset if the other person didnt hold us accountable for maintining our health ourselves.

That is just how we are with each other. Other people may get mad if their husband says "Hey, put down the cookies because you are starting to look like Gilber Grape's mother" or "Take it easy on the beers fat boy" or "Wow, you better be careful or you'll turn into a fat cow dog" or something similar. We dont look at it as being mean to each other. We view it and take it in jokingly but SERIOUS way of the other person just saying "Hey, I love you but for the sake of your own health, and for the sake of me and our kids, how about re-focusing your committment to maintaining your health/weight/fitness level".

Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

She actually has a bit of curvature here, surprisingly. Not as muscly as most of the female tennis pros you see these days, I think her height gives her more leverage in terms of power.

In terms of her face she's much better looking than Kournikova was. And she's actually a more than decent tennis player too.
She just looks plain-jane to me. She's cute, but she looks like just about every Russian chick I run into. Nothing special. Anna was HOT!!! Dont get me wrong, I think Sharapova is cute and I wouldnt kick her out of my bed, its just that she's a dime a dozen and is just cute.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,770,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Which is why I don't make a big deal about raw numbers. It's more about looks/how healthy you are. Sharapova is an elite athlete, so while she's naturally talk and slim, she also maintains this weight by a strict diet and exercise program, in contrast to a lot of models who just want to lose weight and are unhealthy.
And you know this, what, from your years in the fashion industry? Or from dramatic exposes that highlight a few bad apples and photoshopped shock images that get passed around the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships