Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I will only date woman who are in the following weight range
Super Skinny is for me 6 8.82%
No bigger than Ideal is all I will date 15 22.06%
Average +10% is fine but no more 27 39.71%
Like some extra, especially if shes in the voluptuous category 9 13.24%
No problems with a bigger woman as long as she healthy 5 7.35%
No limit up or down, I don't discriminate on weight 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:56 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Come on here. Lets be honest. Its like asking a woman "Would you date a guy regardless of his employment status?" or "Would you date a guy despite his poor credit rating and poverty level income?".

Most guys would answer your question with a resounding - NO.

Women, would answer the question(s) I proposed here with all kinds of caveats and long explanations on all types of other stuff. Which basically means they would answer NO, but dont want to sound like they guys they attack in posts here who say the exact same thing.

For me, as I have ALWAYS said, its NOT about weight!!! Its about the the Visual of what she looks like. NOT at all about what the scale says or what the label on her dress says, its about what I think about how she physically looks. Sure, you are absolutely friggin' 100% correct that weight DOES play a role, because I am in no way shape or form physically attracted to an obese woman, but really, its about what I find physically appealing. She can be 160-170 pounds but if she LOOKS good (Gabrielle Reece, Serena Williams) then she has a chance with me. But if she's 170-180 pounds (Adele, Rosie O'Donnell, fat chick on Glee) then no way.
Reese and Williams look fantastic and I wouldn't be surprised if they weight more then what you find online. Rosie O'Donnell on the other hand is not a twinkie shy of 220 or at least thats my mental image of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
I bet alot of the men commenting are probably fat and overweight themselves. They usually are.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I bet alot of the men commenting are probably fat and overweight themselves. They usually are.
Either that or the women who complain about this topic are the ones who are fat .

Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Either that or the women who complain about this topic are the ones who are fat .
Like some people have pointed out in other threads - sometimes it doesn't make a difference. People are attracted to who they are attracted to - sometimes regardless of how they look themselves. I've always been obsessive about my own body and weight - and I could care less about the weight of my husband or any of the other guys I've dated. And I have some larger friends that prefer petite women.

Actually - although I've dated some guys that were downright scrawny - I kind of prefer a man to have a little more meat on his bones - even if he's very large. But when push comes to shove - I've always dated people that I've found interesting regardless of what kind of package it comes in.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 PM

391 posts, read 688,032 times
There is far too much questing for perfection going on.

One thing to keep in mind, if the guy or gal is questing too
much for perfection in the looks department for someone they
want a LTR with then what is going to happen as they age
together or perhaps become disfigured at some point in life?

Will they hang around or once again go seeking perfection?

We are have our flaws. I would rather be liked 'n loved for
what is inside me rather than my exterior looks.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:13 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
59 kilos is about 130 pounds. I think Sharapova is a bit thin and not as athletic/fit looking as I prefer. My wife is 5' 2" at 122 pounds and she looks WAAAAY better than Sharapova. Anna Kournakova (who is a thousand times hotter than Sharapova) is 5' 8" and 120 pounds but her body for some reason looks better than Sharapova's. Serena Williams is 5' 9" and 155 pounds and looks great. Just goes to show just how different women can look at differing heights and weights. Its all about the visual and less about the numbers.
Really? Goodness, I think she looks terrible. I mean, clearly strong and fit and healthy but I find her body so unpleasant. Her torso is kind of wide and straight and sitting on a butt and thighs that look way too wide for the rest of her body. I know African American women usually have impressive booties, but Serena looks like two different people sewn together.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Maybe, but I think the ones who are really fixated on physical fitness are fit themselves. I'm 5'10", 165 lbs, 30-inch waist -- run around 25 miles a week and do upper body work at the gym three to four times a week. I do most of this for my job. I'm not really the gym nut type. However, I just couldn't be with an out-of-shape or overweight woman. I just couldn't. My wife is average (real average .. not the American fat average). I love her madly, but if she gained 30 lbs, I'd have a big problem with that. I'd nag her incessantly to change her diet and exercise habits. I don't want to be a nag, so I don't want to be with someone who doesn't take care of themselves.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Maybe, but I think the ones who are really fixated on physical fitness are fit themselves. I'm 5'10", 165 lbs, 30-inch waist -- run around 25 miles a week and do upper body work at the gym three to four times a week. I do most of this for my job. I'm not really the gym nut type. However, I just couldn't be with an out-of-shape or overweight woman. I just couldn't. My wife is average (real average .. not the American fat average). I love her madly, but if she gained 30 lbs, I'd have a big problem with that. I'd nag her incessantly to change her diet and exercise habits. I don't want to be a nag, so I don't want to be with someone who doesn't take care of themselves.
It seems that your love is very conditional.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
It's more about body shape than actual weight IMO. The problem is the older you get the more the ratio of men with decent bodies to women with decent bodies gets out of proportion. If you look at the statistics men are just as overweight as women on paper but those stocky guys that are 10-15 pounds overweight seem to keep there shape better as they get older than their curvy counterparts of the opposite sex. I have friends that had that bigger muscular build when they were in their 20's and they still looked pretty good into their 30's but most of the girls I know that had a decent sized chest with an @ss really lost it by the time they hit their 30's unless they lived inside a gym. This is why a lot of younger guys will go for a petite woman before a curvy one even though most men prefer that coveted big bottom in the bedroom. When you break it down they're simply afraid of how the girl will look when she's older.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Nah, I'm pretty sure most of the men commenting are overweight and fat themselves. Men are notorious for thinking they deserve some super fit hot model even though they themselves are fat slobs. I knew two guys who were obese who felt they deserved women who were fit and in shape; they were very critical of women who looked like themselves. Luckily, they never got those fit and in shape women and they are still fat and single to this day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships