Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
Sure, I think they are equally attractive as "non-earthy" women 29 50.00%
Only if it's real "toned down" - not all the attributes are present 9 15.52%
Not sure 5 8.62%
No thanks 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:14 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
There's a happy medium. Yes, there is still the debutante in the South, there's no doubt about that, it's just that she's been time-tunneled to the New Millenium. However, in WA state, there is the urban look and the college town look. There are also at least three "Bells" - Bellingham, Bellevue, and the Belltown district of Seattle. Bellingham does not have a lot of attractive women and I don't know why that is. It is kind of hippy dippy (hanging on after WWU to gray), but not as much as Olympia is with Evergreen College. Women in Bellevue, or who work in Bellevue, tend to look nice, with fashionable clothing and make-up. I worked in Bellevue and liked the atmosphere, so I chose to live on the East Side. Women who live in Belltown, in all those expensive towers, have a lot of money and could rival a Manhattanite in style and apperance. While I agree with you sometimes, I think that when someone lives in a place like Bellingham, Olympia or Eugene, they lower the bar a little bit for what an attractive woman ought to look like.
I see far more attractive women here than when I lived in Tennessee (I lived in the Nashville area). But that really depends on what someone considers attractive. If a person likes the "Southern Belle" look, they won't find much here to appeal to them. There are a lot of cute hipsters here, and older, fit, attractive yuppies, and also some of the "earthy" girls which are the very topic of this thread. For me, all of those are considerably more attractive than what I typically saw in TN, so for me it's not contest.

Edit: I haven't been to Olympia yet. I have noticed, on OKCupid, that many of the Bellingham women aren't especially attractive (physically), but the ones from Vancouver are very good looking more often than not. But then if I check out women from my hometown, it may be one or two percent who look good to me (and that's being generous).

Last edited by Lamplight; 03-04-2012 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 11:26 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,723 times
I could date pert near anyone once but for a relationship she has to be a meat eater.. No way I would want to be nagged while eating a Philly cheese steak or an In N Out burger (animal style)..

Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I could date pert near anyone once but for a relationship she has to be a meat eater.. No way I would want to be nagged while eating a Philly cheese steak or an In N Out burger (animal style)..
I would be surprised if it ever got to that point. People tend to stick with their own. Most of the vegetarians I've known in my life had a preference to those who lived similar life styles and vice versa of course.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I would be surprised if it ever got to that point. People tend to stick with their own. Most of the vegetarians I've known in my life had a preference to those who lived similar life styles and vice versa of course.
One of my friends is vegan, and she's engaged to a meat eater. He eats veggie at home, and when they go out he has meat when he wants to. They work it out. It is definitely possible. They are a great pair in almost every way.... the biggest issue is the "meat" thing.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
The attributes and ATTITUDES of earthiness usually go together. It's crazy. People tend to be more packaged than eclectic, it seems. Probably the only attribute I could stomach is the dietary one, if there was a valid reason for it, and I could stick to consuming poultry/meat/fish, which I'm nuts about.

There's nothing wrong with camping or hiking, which EVERYONE does every now and then, without being fanatical about it and being ridiculously accessorized and obsessed with it. It's when they begin to look like they should work at REI or LL Bean takes it becomes a turn-off.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:56 AM

840 posts, read 1,147,054 times
Used to be vegetarian myself though my political views swing libertarian and I will put on some foundation before I go out...

Most liberal vegetarian women I know more of the "super friendly girl next door", "rocker chick" and/or outspoken environmentalist feminist type. They don't come across as particularly hippy or earthy. Majority of them wear as much makeup as your typical female.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:06 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:
I think this is fair since there's a poll on height restrictions, which are subjective - for some ladies, the deal-breaker is 6'2, at least 6', or greater than 5'10 (that's me).

OK, I'm bringing this up because of the TV series "Dharma and Greg," about a yuppified lawyer who marries the daughter of hippies, who remains hippy dippy herself. Again, I watched about 2 episodes, shaking my head. I was thinking "this just ain't the way it is in real life."

Define "earthy" however you want - to me, it means not a lot of make-up nor work on her hair to enhance her beauty, views which are more liberal, more prone to being "spiritual" than religious, has dietary restrictions (vegetarian or vegan) and other attributes which are nowadays considered "granola."

So, men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
I just came across this thread today...
I actually have been described as an "earthy" woman, lol a few years back.
I do wear make-up, my hair is long- wash & wear. I hate styling, what a waste of time
My views I generally keep to myself- except my adoration for RON PAUL

I am very spiritual, with meditation, & I can get really deep with others on the subject, but don't. Many times it's not worth my energy to debate.
And yoga, yes it's tied into it as well.
I don't like meat very often, I try to stick to fresh non-processed foods as much as possible. Lmao, I make my own granola, too

So in response to the question, men always tell me that my style is refreshing. They actually find it cool, that I'm not like everyone else, lol
And I find that pretty cool in itself.
I refuse to conform

Old 03-04-2012, 07:08 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
I think people should get it straight that there are different kinds of "earthy" women. The women I posted about earlier in this thread that I have dated in the past were all very HOT!! They meditated, did yoga, were artists, conservationists, animal rights activists, etc. and they all wore makeup and took care of themselves both physically and spiritually. There is another small sub-group of "earthy" women who do not wear make up. These you'll usually find working at the zoo and are usually more butch looking dikey lesbian types. You can call them "earthy" women but they are FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR different than the EARTHY women I have dated in the past. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Like difference between say Heidi Klum and Rosie O'Donnell difference.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
They meditated, did yoga, were artists, conservationists, animal rights activists, etc.
And one of the poll options is "if it's toned down." Sorry, but the above types can still be in a different zone, even to someone from SoCal.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
And one of the poll options is "if it's toned down." Sorry, but the above types can still be in a different zone, even to someone from SoCal.
Are you saying that those who meditate, live a yoga lifestyle and are artists are negative? For me, THOSE are the ones who truly fit the definition of "Earthy" to me. All three of those are HUGE pluses in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships