Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
Sure, I think they are equally attractive as "non-earthy" women 29 50.00%
Only if it's real "toned down" - not all the attributes are present 9 15.52%
Not sure 5 8.62%
No thanks 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:08 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you don't like the behavior of a certain group of people - stooping to their level doesn't make you better than them - it makes you just like them. Food for thought.
I've been in a behind-the-counter situation as a teenager in multi-faceted LA. I didn't differentiate my level of service to ANYONE. And I was 16. They're probably closer to 26.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I've been in a behind-the-counter situation as a teenager in multi-faceted LA. I didn't differentiate my level of service to ANYONE. And I was 16. They're probably closer to 26.
And what are you doing on this thread? You are treating them like garbage all because they don't appeal to you. And you are trying to get everyone else to see them as garbage as well.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
And what are you doing on this thread?
Personally, I thought people would chuckle and it would sputter out, like water off a duck's back, at about 100 posts.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
You don't know that. I might be single or in a relationship with a normal genuine woman. Normal men can be in happy relationships with normal women, and some normal men are very capable of hiding their views.
C'mon you know you're not. You've already said so in other threads. Really, why would a woman submit to you, specifically? Think about it

Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
Once again,I will go 100% with "Yes" to Earthy Women. Speaking of sterotypes, I'm hit with Unapproachable,Enthralling, Intimating, and Confident. I've always thought this to be a crazy combination. I feel the trait(s) cancels the other out. Sniff Test?

Old 03-08-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
It seems you are trying to create some sort of class war. Good luck with that!

Oh - and usually people don't get so worked up about people that they have no interest in.
Not trying to start a class war. It's amazing how many of those "earthy" brats working in the NorCal mountain towns come from the affluent Peninsula (south of SF) or other privileged locations. Because they know that they'll eventually conform and inherit. A few of them come from atypical family set-ups and perpetuate the situation.

Worked up, no. Maybe annoyed because of their prevalence in certain neighborhoods in major cities, along with all the "hipsters." I knew a guy who moved up to Seattle to be a service adviser at a Lexus dealership. He had only been there are month and retorted "Wow, I saw a beautiful woman come into the dealership today. She really stood out. There are so many ugly women up here." He later relocated back to San Diego.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Once again,I will go 100% with "Yes" to Earthy Women. Speaking of sterotypes, I'm hit with Unapproachable,Enthralling, Intimating, and Confident. I've always thought this to be a crazy combination. I feel the trait(s) cancels the other out. Sniff Test?
You're military, right? Wouldn't that go with the territory?

Old 03-08-2012, 04:23 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
C'mon you know you're not. You've already said so in other threads. Really, why would a woman submit to you, specifically? Think about it
You just don't know when to quit, do ya? Anyone with common sense would understand a normal person. And a woman doesn't necessarily have to submit, but be understandable.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
He had only been there are month and retorted "Wow, I saw a beautiful woman come into the dealership today. She really stood out. There are so many ugly women up here." He later relocated back to San Diego.
I've heard others say this, and I'm guessing it just depends on a person's taste. I came here from TN, and in my first week I kept thinking, "Wow, there are a lot of hot women here!"

Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
You just don't know when to quit, do ya? Anyone with common sense would understand a normal person. And a woman doesn't necessarily have to submit, but be understandable.
It's amazing how poor your memory is. Just a few pages ago you stated "luckily there are a few of them [submissive women] left". You made the comment. As far as all this normal talk goes, based on the OP's criteria I figure a good many of us earthy people are more "normal" than you are, if his criteria is what covers normal. Many of us are married homeowners (at least my home is in the burbs) who are college educated, professionals. You don't really fall under that umbrella of normal, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships