Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
Sure, I think they are equally attractive as "non-earthy" women 29 50.00%
Only if it's real "toned down" - not all the attributes are present 9 15.52%
Not sure 5 8.62%
No thanks 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I struggled the most with bacon. My dad would eat mounds of it right in front of me. It drove me crazy. Love me some bacon!

Nope - can't part with the soup! When you have a little baby - you treasure everything in your freezer! You never know when you are going to be too exhausted to make dinner!
How selfish of him! Hard to resist that smell though and the sound of it sizzling on the frying pan. Reminds me of my younger days when my mother would cook the full English breakfast on a Saturday morning...the smell forced me to get up.

Good that you eat healthy anyway. I keep trying to convince the wife to freeze stuff. It's worthwhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 06:55 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Skanky, painted-up SOUTHERN look??

WTF???
NO DOUBT Oregon has it's share as do other states. But Oregon apparently has bigots too-

you, Mrs. Holier-than-thou!

A v-e-r-y poor way to teach your children to think and act...
I don't like that look either, and I lived in the south most of my life. I can't blame her sons for not wanting that.

(Also, from her post I got the impression that her sons were the ones saying those things, she was just observing. Could be wrong though)

Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times
Quote:
I'm a semi earthy woman. I never wear make up, live in jeans, t-shirts and Birkenstocks however I do wear French perfume and I am not a vegan. I have never had an problem attracting men. Maybe they like my smell..or my raunchy sense of humour and sharp intellect. Who knows what they like but it's certainly never been an issue even to this day and I'm 48 years old
Djuna, I'm a 32-year-old female, and I think I'd definitely hang out with you and check out some men! You sound awesome.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:29 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I thought you meant smell..... so I am vastly relieved.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
What's with this poll thus far? Women, you'd better not be answering on the poll. LOL.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:42 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times
Quote:
I really never have seen that bookworm scenario you're talking about play out in real life. Ever. (I am a bookworm btw)....That's not true.
I'm a bookworm and can't tell you how many times I've been interrupted by men on park benches while trying to read my darn book! I swear, I think men think that if you're reading a book, it's really a code for "Please, please come talk to me. I'm not really interested AT ALL in this stupid book!" I've experienced it in NYC, London, Philadelphia, etc. I've experienced it at restaurants, cafes, airports, parks, buses, trains, wherever. But my book is usually more interesting than the guy trying to talk to me!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
What's with this poll thus far? Women, you'd better not be answering on the poll. LOL.
It is an open poll, shouldn't be too hard to figure out for most of the names.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:44 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
So basically hippie-esque?

Sure, as long as she shaved her legs . And as long as it wasn't just a 'fashion'.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:45 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It is an open poll, shouldn't be too hard to figure out for most of the names.
Oh, well, I didn't lock it. First poll I've put together.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Oh, well, I didn't lock it. First poll I've put together.
I think it's better not to lock it. Ime, a majority of polls directed at women on this forum are answered by some of the men. I don't know if they're too stupid to understand that it's an open poll or they just don't care. The practice pretty much invalidates private polls. Either way, the bias becomes apparent and that's good. With that said, it's sort of a pain for people who do not vote. You can't see the results without going an extra step.

eta: So far the only woman I see that has voted is grandviewgloria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships