Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,830,907 times

Advertisements

Who cares. She can do what she wants. Are we involved? No? More power to her. She makes more money and looks better than most of us. I envy her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,159,975 times
and if the genders were reversed no one would think it was odd at all

Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,191,909 times
She can do whatever she wants, I just wish she'd hang it up... Am I the only one tha thought her Super Bowl show sucked?

Can't imagine being her husband.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,779,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I was 12 years older then my ex wife & 2 years younger then her dad. So when she called me daddy...... well you know.
Your ex father-in-law was 14 when he had a kid? Babies born to babies often have trouble growing into adjusted, functional adults. And seeing as she became an ex, I wouldn't hold that relationship up as a positive example of a May-December romance.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,638,578 times
I am not ageist so whatever works for a couple, as long as they are both over 18 yo and not mentally ill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
and if the genders were reversed no one would think it was odd at all
If the genders were reversed people would focus more on the young woman and call her a gold digger. In this case, people call Madonna, the older woman, creepy. I guess either way the woman will always be the demonized one.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:24 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,448,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Your ex father-in-law was 14 when he had a kid?
Yes, having kids at 14-15 (as at least two of the above posters had experienced) shocks me more than choices of consenting adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I think (Age/2)+7 is a decent rule of thumb.
You will realize how styopid this popping up over and over again formula (urban myth) is when you apply it to Madonna: her spread will be 34 years.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 AM

3 posts, read 1,694 times
My husband is 10 1/2 years younger... He's my soul mate. When I first saw him, I thought, damn, he's cute, too bad he wouldn't want anything to do with me, he's my youngest sister's age! HE aproached me one day saying he's waited 6 weeks for a kiss... I said go home, don't you think you're a little too young for me? He said no, and if I don't, why should you? I said because I know how guys are, tag and run, and I am not in the mood to be played... I want permanent, and I deserve to be told if someone is just in tag and run mode, and guys just don't do that. I deserve a choice. So if you're not looking at me as permanent, then don't waste my time, because I can guarantee you, if you think you will play me, it won't be pretty... (He sat there, jaw agape, and I said close your mouth, you're catching flies...He said Oh my... I've never met anyone like you, you're excellent permanent material... I said I'm serious! So you better go think about it a while... he says I have been, for 6 weeks! We watched a movie together and I did kiss him, after he caught my elbow in his and held it there for several minutes, staring into my eyes... For me, more than a few years was too much gap, but he and I have so much in common, we're on the same wavelength, and we live, work, and play together... I can't imagine anyone else for me now, and I don't think about the age. He's more of a man than anyone I ever dated! He truly loves me, and that transcends the ages!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,993,018 times
I am not sure a 20+ year gap is for me, but to each their own. I know I have always tended to feel more comfortable with women who are very close to my age, within a couple years. My very soon to be wife is about two and a half years younger, which is virtually nothing since we are in our thirties.

20's to 50's, however, seems like a lot. Not that there cannot be love there, but from a health and stage of life standpoint the older of the couple will be in their golden years while the younger is still in their prime years.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,177,991 times
My rule is if you are young enough to be my kid, you are too young. I think the best example is Demi and Ashton. She still looks great but it didn't help once he was out partying with the younger girls. I think it is unrealistic to compare celebrities to normal people.

My LH was 7 years younger than me and I think that was a good difference for us. I am now seeing a man that is 2 years younger..

Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,262,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I just can't see what a 53 year old has in common with a 24 year old.
Its about the sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships