Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:20 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,609,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
And I am bringing dessert!!! apple pie anyone?
I brought popcorn and cheesecake!

Old 03-05-2012, 02:21 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
i am referring to women give up sex easily without any kind of commitment (marriage or otherwise)
is not the colloquial definition of **** just that?
It's your phrasing that women "give up sex" that's odd. As if it's completely incomprehensible that a grown adult woman may actually want to have sex and does not feel that she needs to be married first.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:24 PM

23 posts, read 21,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
How old are you OP? You come off as a bitter middle aged man who wants everyone to be virgins until they marry. Somebody who is still stuck on the "old" way of thinking. "Kids" nowadays are having sex before marriage. Its something you should start getting used to. There is a lot less emphasis put into sex. A relationship or marriage is no longer necessary, in some cases all you need is a few shots and a hello.

Just because people have sex out of wedlock does not mean we don't want to commit. I think the lack of commitment that the complainers are experiencing is probably based on their attitude or expectations. People are marrying younger. We are spending out youth establishing careers and trying to find the right person. It used to be that you would go to high school and that was usually the extent of your education. College is the new norm which has extended our "childhood" in a way.

Your blame is misdirected, there are far too many factors in order for your statements to be considered valid. Personally, I wouldn't marry somebody who I didn't have sex with first. Sex IMO should be another deciding factor that goes into whether or not I want to spend the rest of my life with that person, just like any other trait.

i am 17 1/2 and not a virgin (in case that might come up)

also when did I once mention marriage in my post
marriage would be the ultimate commitment but not the only form

you say "sex out of wedlock doesnt mean we dont want to commit"

but my point this whole thread has been that readily available sex has reduced the incentive for men to grow up of course this does not mean that it will affect all men just a large portion

Old 03-05-2012, 02:26 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
wrong when did i once mention marriage ? i am referring to women give up sex easily without any kind of commitment (marriage or otherwise)

i agree that sex outside of marriage was not recently invented but my point is that it is extremely common now and involves a larger variety of partners than ever before
It's irrelevant. You're saying that women are jumping into bed too fast, crippling these poor men and stunting their maturity. As if men are just animals that need to be domesticated. It isn't up to women to train men into behaving properly, you can't change what a man wants from life.

Like I said, some men will only ever want casual sex. Some will only ever want relationships. Most will date and hookup and sleep with the women they find attractive until one of those women is worth more than sex to them. It doesn't matter if that woman sleeps with him on the first date or the 50th, it isn't her vagina that controls how he views her.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
I brought popcorn and cheesecake!
Awesome!!

oh wait... but he is just a baby

Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,031,564 times
Looks like that attitude has given rise to the 'I'm Entitled to Sex Man', who refuses to take a polite no for an answer

Quote:
DEAR MISS MANNERS: I have a male acquaintance who has tried to get me into private and intimate situations, despite my saying “no” many, many times. I constantly hear stories from my female friends about men continuing to throw themselves at them, no matter how many times these ladies say they are not interested. In these cases, the young men are not asking us out on dates; they are asking us to engage in casual sexual activities.

I do not think these men are trying to sexually harass us, although we do feel sexually harassed. These men are simply used to young women being willing to engage in casual sexual encounters with them.

However, my close friends and I are ladies of propriety and do not desire these advances. In my own experience, when I have responded with a polite “No, thank you,” the young man chuckles indulgently. I believe he thinks I am playing hard-to-get and want to be pursued with more determination. He genuinely does not understand that I am not playing a game. I simply do not desire his amorous advances.

I want him to take his answer like a gentleman. When an increasingly stern “No, thank you” is not working, what is a young lady to say that will stop his undesired attention?

GENTLE READER: “No, thank you” is the proper response for declining a cup of tea or some other gracious or benevolent offer. It is not the proper response to a lewd proposition. Even to Miss Manners’ sympathetic ears, it sounds as if you are grateful to have been asked.

The proper response is, “How dare you!”

Now stop giggling. The reason this amuses you is that you don’t blame those who ask because their propositions are sometimes accepted. In that case, you should not be insulted, as perhaps you are not. You complain only of the repetition, as if this is equivalent to the annoyance of a host who keeps pressing you to take a cookie after you have declined.

Miss Manners suggests that you pay more attention to your feelings of being sexually harassed. Consider whether the assumption that you, who consider yourself a lady of propriety, will engage in sex with anyone who asks -- to the extent that your refusals could not possibly be serious -- constitutes an insult.

Then respond to it as an insult.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
wrong when did i once mention marriage ? i am referring to women give up sex easily without any kind of commitment (marriage or otherwise)

i agree that sex outside of marriage was not recently invented but my point is that it is extremely common now and involves a larger variety of partners than ever before
You are sadly misinformed. Sex outside of marriage has a long standing history in almost every single culture throughout time. There is nothing new or different these days, just more bitching and whining and sanctimonious asses everywhere.

The Greeks has pederasty and rampant prostitution.
The Etruscan women had sex with men other than their husbands.
The Indians had their Kuma Sutra and were well known for their liberal attitude towards sex.
Lesbianism was rife in Ancient times, especially in Greece and Rome.

Posts like this just make you look uneducated. Try doing some reading about sex and history and you'll find it's not all Leave it to Beaverish.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:

but my point this whole thread has been that readily available sex has reduced the incentive for men to grow up of course this does not mean that it will affect all men just a large portion
If this is the case then it is nothing other than a VERY good thing. Being incented to commitment for the wrong reasons is a good thing to avoid.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 PM

23 posts, read 21,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I think I'm about done with this thread: read what I originally wrote & you will see what I am talking about. Men are never accountable for anything they do. Now they're crying the blues because they want "serious women" but can only find casual sex ? LOL. TTYL.

my god talk about a classical example of a simpleton

how many time do i have to reiterate who my intended audience is?

when did I once complain about casual sex?

also the fact is that women have and always will have the final say when it comes to sex

if it were the men who were in control they would be to blame for the abundance of casual sex

never did i once say it was impossible for men to remain "good" because of the aforementioned fact but that by not needing to accept any sort of burden when it comes to sex that there would be less incentive for men to mature and as a result less would

Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM

3,920 posts, read 6,832,743 times
Quote:

Well then you have a lot to learn my friend. Its no wonder your view of the world is a little skewed, your still in high school. Live it up while you can, your young. Relationships that age are nothing but little flings with ultimately no chance of really panning out in the real world. I loved and lost in high school, it sucks. But we probably wouldn't have survived through college anyway. Also, now I realize how juvenile I was back then. Once you get to be in your mid 20's you will see that women are far less "easy" as your probably experiencing in your high school days. Also, men in their 20's are much more apt to enjoy the woman's company instead of just her private parts.

My recommendation to you is to become one of the guys who live it up while you still can. Be wild and free because someday, you will find the one who you want to spend the rest of your life with. You dont want to find yourself wishing you had enjoyed your time being single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships