U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:26 AM

5,074 posts, read 2,571,242 times
Ive dne this before and sent flowers without putting my name on them. I simply wanted her to enjoy them on her birthday, since she tends to date dbags only, who would never send her flowers. Nothing wrong with it. I think the world needs to understand that at times we are willing to do things for someone else, just because we want them to enjoy those things, and not because we expect something in return. Be selfless not selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 AM

17,094 posts, read 10,095,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
So there is this girl I use to be close to and her birthday is coming up. We were once pretty close...almost dating, but she ended up giving in to my former friend and her and I haven't talked in awhile. That's not an issue, but I figured people would ask why we didn't talk anymore. Anyway, I don't think there is a future with us anymore, but I still want her to be happy on her birthday. Would it make any sense to have something (Flowers and/or chocolate) mailed to her anonymously, or should I go ahead and put my name on it?

Sign the card and put something like......"Hope you are having a great day, Happy Birthday". Simple, non committing, general best wishes. You never know where it might lead. I wouldn't make it an expensive gift though, moderate price, not cheap but not over the top, again, nice, simple to the point and pretty or tasty or both.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 PM

1,218 posts, read 697,959 times
I wouldn't send her sh^t. And, you need some new guides to your life. The game is called "cop and blow". So, the person you should've sent something to, was your former friend. After all, he's the real winner.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:57 PM

1,218 posts, read 697,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
Didn't take long to solve that problem. Thanks for telling me what I should have already knew! Lol.
You sound kinda green, to me.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:28 PM

675 posts, read 634,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Dude, if you know you have no ulterior motives but to make her happy than just do it.You just got to do what you feel is right because as you can see, most people on here think that you're trying to get something out of this. So much for being a genuinely nice person huh?
Yeah, it appears these days that people believe it's impossible to simply be a nice guy! People at work even believe so. We have this female employee who is fairly new to the place. Whenever she is scheduled as a floor person instead of a cashier, the person working cashier always convinces her to work as a cashier. Simply put...they are taking advantage of her. I talk to them and tell them that they are scheduled as the cashier, so they should work as the cashier. When I say something along those lines, they immediately tell me to stop kissing up to the female employee and say that I must like her. I guess it's impossible for guys to simply be a nice person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships