Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to take this opporrtunity to wish all of you ladies out there, a happy International Women's Day! Make it a great one!

1. "God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met." ~ Farrah Fawcett

2. "Women are the real architects of society." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

3. "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman." ~ Margaret Thatcher

4. "The fastest way to change society is to mobilize the women of the world." ~ Charles Malik

5. "Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels." ~ Faith Whittlesey

6. "Somewhere out in this audience may even be someone who will one day follow in my footsteps, and preside over the White House as the President's spouse. I wish him well!" ~ Barbara Bush

7. "Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size." ~ Virginia Woolf

8. "Men who treat women as helpless and charming playthings deserve women who treat men as delightful and generous bank accounts." ~ Author Unknown

9. "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." ~ Timothy Leary

10. "Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself." ~ Oprah Winfrey

11. "One cannot be always laughing at a man without now and then stumbling on something witty." ~ Jane Austen

12. "The trouble with some women is they get all excited about nothing - and then they marry him." ~ Cher

13. "If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?" ~ Linda Ellerbee

14. "I earn and pay my own way as a great many women do today. Why should unmarried women be discriminated against - unmarried men are not." ~ Dinah Shore

All of us, no matter how big or how small, whether male or female -- we all owe our lives to a woman. While Mother's Day may not be till May, let's celebrate all the women of the world with these inspirational quotes during International Women's Day and Women's History Month.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Here's one of my favorites!

Phenomenal Woman
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman

Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Maya Angelou

Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
women are pretty cool in my book!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Today is the one day in the year, that maybe we can all muster something positive to add to the convo? Its international Womens Day. Where I grew up, every woman received a flower, every march 8th. Dont hate - appreciate.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 PM

3,920 posts, read 6,833,898 times
There is a women's day?

Is there any holiday for a Single White American Male? haha.

Anyway, congrats to all the ladies out there! Thank you for having our babies, that must be tough. <--- and no not being sexist. Seriously, thank you. I wouldn't want to do it.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
There is a women's day?

Is there any holiday for a Single White American Male? haha.

Anyway, congrats to all the ladies out there! Thank you for having our babies, that must be tough. <--- and no not being sexist. Seriously, thank you. I wouldn't want to do it.
You're welcome! And to be perfectly honest - it's extremely tough. But I'm glad that I got to do it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:57 PM

29,743 posts, read 34,376,832 times
International Men's Day is November 19th. Mark your calendar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Men%27s_Day

Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Women grow people inside them and then push something the size of a watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon. Women are bad-A.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
I didn't even know we have a day- how cool

I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bi*ch, okay.
~Madonna

I think, therefore I'm single.
~Lizz Winstead

The truth will set you free. But first, it will pi$$ you off.
~ Gloria Steinem

Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.
― Erica Jong

Sometimes you have to be a bi*ch to get things done.
--Madonna

He - and if there is a God, I am convinced he is a he, because no woman could or would ever fu*k things up this badly.
― George Carlin

Women are their own worst enemies. And guilt is the main weapon of self-torture . . . Show me a woman who doesn't feel guilty and I'll show you a man.
― Erica Jong, Fear of Flying

I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.
~ Oprah Winfrey

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
~ Maya Angelou

Old 03-08-2012, 01:13 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Women are wonderful. Greater capacity for thinking of the "greater" good, and a higher capacity for empathy for others.

Not to mention all the other things I already like about them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships