Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can a below average to average looking person at 18 become a good looking adult?
Yes, it happens quite a bit and with changes a person can do that 29 63.04%
Yes, but it will take a lot of hard work and discipline 7 15.22%
It happens but is not that common, good looking people are born that way day 1 5 10.87%
The person can be above average even but no they will not fall into the good looking category 2 4.35%
Unlikely, person will remain the way they are 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

Jade408 : After high school, when I went to college, there was a huge difference on looks on women. They were gorgeous in West Valley College.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I got the impression that the OP was talking about body, not face.
Reading the OP again, I'd say you're right. I just figured that it was a given that a person could improve his/her body with some effort, so I assumed the OP must have been talking about the entire package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Plastic surgery can change your face.
True, I was thinking more in terms of things your average person could do on his/her own, like makeup, changing hairstyles, etc.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:42 PM

125 posts, read 268,534 times
OMG, come on people, I said good looking. Face is pretty much included. I did not ask about weight loss and bodybuilding.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Hit the gym, get a manly haircut or better yet just shave it, buy some form fitting clothes from a classy store like Brooks Brothers, and learn how to talk to any chick like you've known her your whole life.
No, get a manly haircut. LOL.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 PM

348 posts, read 549,952 times
Yes for both men and women. Many people grow later, both physically and in style. And most of the popular girls in high school were only popular because they put out. I wouldn't touch many of them now with a ten foot pole. Some women that I know now that are very pretty show me awkward high school photos that are hard to believe.

So again, yes on both.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
And most of the popular girls in high school were only popular because they put out. I wouldn't touch many of them now with a ten foot pole.
I'll disagree on this. The most popular girls (in terms of admiration) were the facially prettiest ones, provided they were also thin or average in body type. The most popular girls (in terms of "popularity") were the surfer girls or marijuana/patchouli oil girls who put out. This was in SoCal.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Jade408 : After high school, when I went to college, there was a huge difference on looks on women. They were gorgeous in West Valley College.
I think many women have to grow into their womanly looks.....

Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 PM

I like this thread in a way. It sort of bolts onto my "locked in" personality and self-esteem thread.

I'd like to add that, while people can change and "kick up" their appearance, it is better to take it into a different sphere. Most people who lost track of you at 18 will keep you there, regardless of how much you've changed physically, socially and intellectually. If you move into a different circle or relocate, others will evaluate you at the point at which they met you.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I like this thread in a way. It sort of bolts onto my "locked in" personality and self-esteem thread.

I'd like to add that, while people can change and "kick up" their appearance, it is better to take it into a different sphere. Most people who lost track of you at 18 will keep you there, regardless of how much you've changed physically, socially and intellectually. If you move into a different circle or relocate, others will evaluate you at the point at which they met you.
You don't like the people you went to high school with, do you.

If you lose track of someone at 18 - what other choice to you have but to still see them as they were. I've found that when I've run into people that I haven't seen from high school - we both seem to have a whole new perspective on who we were then and who we are now. It's actually been pretty cool! Oh - and I went to high school in SoCal, too, so it's not like I'm from another planet or anything.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You don't like the people you went to high school with, do you.

If you lose track of someone at 18 - what other choice to you have but to still see them as they were. I've found that when I've run into people that I haven't seen from high school - we both seem to have a whole new perspective on who we were then and who we are now. It's actually been pretty cool! Oh - and I went to high school in SoCal, too, so it's not like I'm from another planet or anything.
Is this a coincidence? You move onto a new thread and "stalk me" with an insult or assumption. Was it the mention of marijuana and patchouli oil and "easiness?" At my school, that's how it "shook out."

I don't need to explain the chronology of my life to you on line. I'll just say that I got different, and better, reactions as I progressed from HS to college to grad school and to work. Most people do.

Thank you. It's about midnight where you are. Why don't you get some sleep?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships