Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
That is when you realize all the 'real women' on these sites aren't really looking for dates. Yeah I know, I know they put that in the profile and if it's online it has to be truthful right?!

Think about it. Now think about it again.
Sorry dear. I used online dating for many years. I rarely met men any other way. I'm a single mom (son is in college now) and I am a gym regular, with a full time job. Not much time (or desire frankly) to be out partying and socializing, looking for a partner. Your statements are probably more applicable to a much younger crowd...those that have not yet matured into adult responsibilities. However, for those that do have such responsibilities, going online is a great resource. You'll learn, you just are young yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
OP,

another point is, busy is another new "social status".

"I'm soooooooooo busy"

Along with jogging, ridding $3000 bikes,etc....
Jogging is a social status? And here I just thought it was an activity to clear the mind and get some exercise.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Jogging is a social status? And here I just thought it was an activity to clear the mind and get some exercise.
Yeah...I didn't do that 5.5 mile run on Thursday to look "socially cool".

Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
No but working out, running etc is a time commitment that eats into your day. Meeting for a glass of wine can mean giving up the trip to the gym or an opportunity to ride the bike after work.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No but working out, running etc is a time commitment that eats into your day. Meeting for a glass of wine can mean giving up the trip to the gym or an opportunity to ride the bike after work.
Agreed...but it surely isn't anything to be considered "status building". As someone that works out a lot, I definitely have issues with time constraints...but it has NOTHING to do with social status. I want to stay healthy and fit - that is my purpose.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:03 AM

640 posts, read 1,731,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Sorry dear. I used online dating for many years. I rarely met men any other way. I'm a single mom (son is in college now) and I am a gym regular, with a full time job. Not much time (or desire frankly) to be out partying and socializing, looking for a partner. Your statements are probably more applicable to a much younger crowd...those that have not yet matured into adult responsibilities. However, for those that do have such responsibilities, going online is a great resource. You'll learn, you just are young yet.
I feel similarly. I say I'm busy because I AM busy. I work full time and go to school part time. I have friends that I want to hang out with. I have extracurricular activities because I'm trying to apply for grad school. Yes, are there men in real life that are interested in me? Sure. But not any that I have any potential with. I think some guys don't get that a woman who flakes on you is simply not that into you. Deal with it and move on. The girl that wants you will make herself MORE than readily available to you, trust me.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I had an OKC profile, and sometimes I'd go weeks, even a couple months before realizing that I hadn't checked it recently. I'd go and look and have 30 messages. And when I looked:

Boring
Boring
Boring
Ugly
Boring
Fat
Stupid
Spam
Spam
Boring
Maybe
Spam
Fat
Boring
Stupid
Boring
Ugly
Prossie
Boring
Too Far Away
etc.

... I mean, after all, it is a meat market...
Don't offend the meat! I find the steak waiting for me in the kitchen a lot more exciting!

What's Prossie?

Old 03-11-2012, 06:40 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I know I may be out of my mind for even thinking such a thing, but...she may actually be a busy person, who also happens to want to find a romantic connection with someone.

I know, I know...the conspiracy theories are more fun.

I talked to a young lady earlier today.....she sent her phone number to me today.

The only thing she talked about was "how busy she was".

Like this:

school starts that week
I'm visiting my mom on that week
I've got to do this for my sister on that week

we can probably get together several weeks out.

I laughed to myself and said, "give me a call when you're free"......click.

The OP is talking about people like her. They're on a dating website, hopefully looking for a real life connection than they go into the "I'm so busy".

I hope she doesn't think I'll be waiting for her to "get free". I guess she wants some one to be there for her when she gets ready. Like a little toy she can pull off of the shelf and play with at her convenience. Laughable at best............NEXT.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: "Busy is the new social status".

"I'm soooooooooo busy"

Last edited by Ron.; 03-11-2012 at 06:49 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I talked to a young lady earlier today.....she sent her phone number to me today.

The only thing she talked about was "how busy she was".

Like this:

school starts that week
I'm visiting my mom on that week
I've got to do this for my sister on that week

we can probably get together several weeks out.

I laughed to myself and said, "give me a call when you're free"......click.

The OP is talking about people like her. They're on a dating website, hopefully looking for a real life connection than they go into the "I'm so busy".

I hope she doesn't think I'll be waiting for her to "get free". I guess she wants some one to be there for her when she gets ready. Like a little toy she can pull off of the shelf and play with at her convenience. Laughable at best............NEXT.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: "Busy is the new social status".

"I'm soooooooooo busy"
Honestly? I have never EVER run into a dude that responded like that, in all my years of being online. Never once.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:22 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
I see that over and over on dating profiles. My favorite one is: "I may not reply back, not because I don't want to but because I don't have time".

Why are you on a dating website? Or are some people just so full of themselves?
Well, my profile has that.. because it is fake and of the wrong gender.

I can see why women don't reply.. men seem totally pathetic chasing women online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships