Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
I'm mainly referring to Black women who have mostly White friends and maybe a few Black friends. They're usually the one's who get along very well with White guys.
This is always a hard one for me. I was always accused of being that girl growing up. I got a lot more black friends in college. In reality, I was a lazy person, so I only made friends with neighbors or classmates. If you weren't either we probably weren't friends.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
I grew up in an all white/Jewish upper middle class suburb on the east coast and attended predominately white schools, but I still don't have all that much in common with whites. Sure, I can mesh with anyone and get along with anyone perfectly fine, but it's usually not the same kind of meshing I'd have with someone of my own race who shares the same interests and preferences(everything from music to movies to vacation spots to having a preference for certain types of bars/clubs, certain types of women, etc ), so if I feel like I still don't have all that much in common with Whites, there's no way most Black women do.
I feel the same way as you however I tend to mesh well with Arabic people quite well. I went to school with a lot of them and naturally we just kinda click. They don't seem as stiff, boring and snooty as whites. The men are really good looking and have a thing for black women.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:48 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Since statically they make less money, I'm speaking mostly men here but what's your opinion?
Do they? Do you have the source? Caucasians have the easiest because they are majority.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:52 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Do they? Do you have the source? Caucasians have the easiest because they are majority.
good point, I don't know what "minority" is even being reffered to in OP. Asian are usually ranked higher than whites in earnings from what I've read

Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
LOL. So true. I have a friend with a PHD from a top tier school, no kids and he owns a condo. He's got a waiting list of 30 women. And who knows how many waiting in the wings.
I've seen and read about this so many times, from men and women all over the country who've witnessed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Within the race? Whatever advantages we have its surely diminishing. Thugs get the lowest of the low in terms of women, interracial dating is soaring and the only reason black women aren't into it heaps and bounds is because currently the majority aren't seemed as attractive to the men of others races, that's not a knock but that's the perception but black women, like most women think security and safety and it'd a good reason why black men have it harder when it comes to dating.

You're the minority once again.
Good afternoon,

You say the advantages are decreasing but I see no proof of this. If anything, black women seem to be more and more worried about their plight. If the women date interracially, I'm 100% fine with that. Even though I benefit from it, I hope the advantages disappear because of the social problems it has created. This is due to both men and women's bad choices in the face of this situation.

Oh, and thugs SHOULD get the lowest of the low women, they are lowest of the low men. I'm sure many will argue (and prove) thugs date up and down the socioeconomic scale with black women. It doesn't matter who they date anyway, the point is they have no problems finding women to date, just as educated and average black men have no problems. Your OP is about the ease of dating for minorities anyway, so who they date is irrelevant.

Even if you're right about soaring interracial rates, the marriage rates are still within the race 90% of the time for black men.

In regards to your last point, how exactly do black men have it harder? Black women you know may talk a good game about security, but this is not playing out statistically around the USA. See the low marriage rates, high out wedlock birth rates, and high poverty of black (and all other races) single mother headed households as proof that women are passing to security/safety and living with the opposite.

Our women demanded (and received) much better from our men even during segregation times, as the pre-1960s stats show high marriage and low out of wedlock birth rates.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:29 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
The dating market is hard for all men, but minorities (particularly black men) do have it the hardest because the opposite sex has racial stereotypical views on men of any race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships