U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:50 AM

15,671 posts, read 13,227,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Guys start going overboard when they are leading my hand toward the exit or putting their hands up my skirt.

One guy put his hand up my skirt and into the vagina. I didn't know what to do. I was embarressed for sure.
Yes, rape can sure be "embarressing"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 09:18 AM

474 posts, read 378,222 times
I am invisible on the dance floor since I am an Indian man. Whenever I go out on a dance floor, women try their best to run as far away from me as possible, I get a kick out of observing that kind of idiotic behavior so I go out to the dance floors once in a while only to observe the hateful, disgusting looks they give me.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:41 AM

26,777 posts, read 27,865,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
I am invisible on the dance floor since I am an Indian man. Whenever I go out on a dance floor, women try their best to run as far away from me as possible, I get a kick out of observing that kind of idiotic behavior so I go out to the dance floors once in a while only to observe the hateful, disgusting looks they give me.
Can you dance?

Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Can you dance?
Yes I dance pretty well but when women see an Indian guy dancing on the floor they find it so unbelievable and funny that they walk away as far from me as possible. As I don't like dancing by myself, I usually don't even dance when I go to the dance floor, just sit at the bar and drink while watching the crowd dance.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 AM

24,683 posts, read 42,728,889 times
The guy sounds pervier than average - to an unacceptable extent (I can't believe I'm saying that but I do believe most men are somewhat pervy, especially those who go to clubs). When I used to go to clubs, which wasn't often, I would actually get too distracted by all the ladies to really enjoy myself. I found it better to not care about that and just try to enjoy yourself.

I've had guys grind me - straight guys - but just for fun, too. Sometimes girls 'grind' against each other. I think I'm getting too old for that type of thing, though. It's kind of pathetic to see a guy with a group of girls dancing with him thinking he's some kind of stud.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Yes I dance pretty well but when women see an Indian guy dancing on the floor they find it so unbelievable and funny that they walk away as far from me as possible. As I don't like dancing by myself, I usually don't even dance when I go to the dance floor, just sit at the bar and drink while watching the crowd dance.
One word: Bollywood

Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
One word: Bollywood
That could work in some places but I live in Boston which is like a little redneck town that parades itself as a multi cultural city.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
That could work in some places but I live in Boston which is like a little redneck town that parades itself as a multi cultural city.
Interesting, you find Boston racist? It seemed very multicultural, but that's not always a sign a place is truly tolerant. I can imagine it being pretty cliqueish though. Maybe you should move to California?

Old 03-11-2012, 10:16 AM

26,777 posts, read 27,865,787 times
There are really only a few occasions when I decide to move away from someone dancing:
1. They are really drunk and spilling their drink everywhere
2. They are one of those horrible dancers with arms flailing everywhere so you take the risk of getting injured
3. It is the sketchy guy who tries to do the sneak attack on all the women in the club and it looks like it might be my turn

Otherwise it really doesn't matter.

@greepapayas: it sounds like Boston is just weird. But where I live I frequent multicultural night clubs.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 AM

8,680 posts, read 12,762,044 times
I avoided clubs like that, and opted more for bars with dance floors, usually the kind of place where the dance floor was covered with tables and chairs during the day for the lunch crowd. If my girlfriends and I wanted to go club-dancing without being bothered by men, often we'd go to a gay club. If we went to a straight club, we'd go in a large enough group that four or more of us could get out on the floor together. Unless a man is totally out of his mind with booze or drugs, he won't approach a group in such a piggish way. We also went to the same places so that the bouncers knew us and jumped right in if there were any problems.

As time wore on, I started losing patience with crowds in general. I got sick of drunken idiots crashing into me, spilling their drinks on me, and stepping on my feet, and I started to hate having to squeeze through a miasma of perfume, after-shave, and sweat to dance in two square feet of space. I believe this is called "getting old."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or