U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 02:23 PM

7,809 posts, read 7,126,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I used to love dancing,but I haven't been to a club in years. I might be more likely to go if there was a place where older folks could go to dance. (I'm 48)

As far as the ladies went,I would approach and politely ask if they wanted to dance. I never just jumped in front of them and started dancing with them.
Would still love to go dancing if the crowd were in our age group of 40+ and enjoyed today's dance tunes, unfortunately they want to hear nothing but yesterday's music and that just doesn't excite me when it comes to a club environment. Definately not interested in being the creepy old lady at the club. Even though when I went out to a club with my daughter some young cutie on his way out, stopped beside me, whispered in my ear how much he loved the way I move my body. Wasn't hard to stand in one place and move, not sure he would have thought my moves were great if the place hadn't been packed and I could do more than just move my hips and step a little from side to side.

It's still fun to go to a dance club with my geriatric (the over 40 rump shakers, a few 30 somethings thrown in for saftey,) friends. When in a large group, it doesn't feel so weird and we have each other to dance with, often other people join in and dance with us.

I love, loovveee seeing people enjoy themselves on the dance floor, whether they have great moves or dance like they're having a seizure, it's all good as long as you appear to be having a blast; you get high marks for getting out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 02:36 PM

2,105 posts, read 2,656,085 times
Quote:
Men, how are you approaching women on the dance floor? How do you get your groove on without looking like a creep.
I'll dance to her either from the side or if I spot her in front of me I sort of glance over and look away, as we are all programmed to look when we think someone is looking she'll probably look my way.
regard of going from side or front I will get a response that will either say "maybe" or "no".
if it's "no" I dont even bother.
if it's maybe I get a bit closer, bit by bit. when I'm really close I pull away, almost take a step back, showing that I'm not sneaking up on her, I'm just dancing around.
Then i get a bit closer again, and maybe try go get a bit dirtier with her, if she's into it we'll go like that for a couple of minutes before I go for a gentle kiss on her neck or lower ear to then try the mouth.

At that point she'll stop me before I reach her mouth if she isn't interested, and I leave right away unless she seemingly wants me to stick around, like holding me to her when I let go of her or similar...

So I'm basically reading for "no"s which avoids awkwardness, and is fairly fast without being aggressive.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:40 PM

42,837 posts, read 76,399,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I'd love to learn how to dance, but I would not know where to start and what kind of dance to learn.

Any advice?
Well, if you have a sense of rhythm (and you probably do; excuse my "stereotyping"), you can learn. I really like Latin dances and I tried taking lessons, but I have two left feet...

Old 03-11-2012, 02:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 6,302,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Yes I dance pretty well but when women see an Indian guy dancing on the floor they find it so unbelievable and funny that they walk away as far from me as possible. As I don't like dancing by myself, I usually don't even dance when I go to the dance floor, just sit at the bar and drink while watching the crowd dance.
What about those Desi parties lol

Old 03-11-2012, 02:44 PM

2,105 posts, read 2,656,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, if you have a sense of rhythm (and you probably do; excuse my "stereotyping"), you can learn. I really like Latin dances and I tried taking lessons, but I have two left feet...
In most clubs I've been to most of the guys dance badly, I don't know if it's a swedish thing that everyone sucks at dancing but if it's like that over there too nobody should have anything to fear on the dancefloor.

I'm about as good at dancing as a rock is at swiming, 0 sense of rythm, that doesn't mean I should sit at home and hide, it means I'm still better than 60% of the drunks down at the club.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:53 PM

42,837 posts, read 76,399,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
In most clubs I've been to most of the guys dance badly, I don't know if it's a swedish thing that everyone sucks at dancing but if it's like that over there too nobody should have anything to fear on the dancefloor.

I'm about as good at dancing as a rock is at swiming, 0 sense of rythm, that doesn't mean I should sit at home and hide, it means I'm still better than 60% of the drunks down at the club.
Well, there used to be even a movie "White Men Can't Jump," but we're not allowed to "stereotype" anymore... IMO, more women than men are good dancers and yes, Swedes are particularly stiff.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:08 PM

38,223 posts, read 37,191,561 times
I taught John Travolta everything he knows about cutting rugs.....

Old 03-11-2012, 03:19 PM

9,397 posts, read 13,076,480 times
I think I've seen paraplegics who can dance better than me

Old 03-11-2012, 04:34 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,280,608 times
Love dancing... Use to go every weekend, now every once in a while.
.. and yes, those men who think its an open invitiation .... keep your hands to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I don't like dancing, largely because dancing these days is just dry-humping to a beat. And you can't really dance to the music I listen to.
not where I go...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:56 PM

474 posts, read 374,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What about those Desi parties lol
They have a male to female ration of 10:1, no fun dancing around with a bunch of dudes, atleast that's not my idea of fun anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or