Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:09 PM

5 posts, read 6,081 times

Advertisements

mongol are crazy white people are crazy black people are crazy.. everyone is crazy just enjoy life

Old 03-10-2012, 09:10 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Lots of ignorance in this thread as usual

Are you two AA males? obviously not, please give it a rest.

Don't feed the troll

in b4 the lock!
You are a troll. What did I say that was so wrong?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Lots of ignorance in this thread as usual

Are you two AA males? obviously not, please give it a rest.

Don't feed the troll

in b4 the lock!
Please,we have Youtube and everything that that touches on this issue yet YOU want to sweep it under the rug.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:12 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Beiyang, I wanna airlift you, wherever you are and drop you into Harlem, like Batman delivers that Chinese guy to Gotham police.

You can ask your questions and get promptly answered.
LOL! From what I've read, Harlem has "whitened up" a lot in the last 10 years, so he might not be able to get the answers he's looking for.

But Compton, Englewood, Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta might be able to.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
LOL! From what I've read, Harlem has "whitened up" a lot in the last 10 years, so he might not be able to get the answers he's looking for.

But Compton, Englewood, Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta might be able to.
Chinese folks are explicitly racist in the North East. They keep it shut mostly owing to fear. Gentrification or not, I'd love for someone like Beiyang airdropped into Harlem.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:16 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Please,we have Youtube and everything that that touches on this issue yet YOU want to sweep it under the rug.
Youtube is no substitute for a man of color's cultural experience living in the US.

Vapidness is no excuse for being from new jersey either dear (hmm or maybe it is?).

Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Youtube is no substitute for a man of color's cultural experience living in the US.

Vapidness is no excuse for being from new jersey either dear (hmm or maybe it is?).
So,why don't you actually discuss your cultural experiences as a man of color?

Provide some useful words,because form what I see so far you haven't.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:21 PM

366 posts, read 774,917 times
Default Mandarin and English grammar rules are so different

Quote:
Originally Posted by beiyang View Post
I am a lover of history so I would like to comment from a historical point of view. (also less controversial) I believe in my studies of slavery and how the lighter skinned negro came to be was from the sexual undertaking of the white man with the black (dark skinned) woman. Lighter skinned blacks didn't come until some 18 to 25 years later, and for black men it was taboo to look at a white woman so imagine getting one of your own that was close to white. You were amazed and somewhat drawn in by the concept that to some this was better. A white man's world played a big difference in the eyes of black's to them they had everything. Freedom, land, gainful employment and the ability to keep all that. Where as the slave was exposed to separation, rape and poor work conditions. I think the lore of lighter is better is like the diet slaves had; we ate scraps to survive. Food wasn't about healthy or good it was what you ate to keep going. With education and freedom comes choices and it no longer stands as light is better it may now be more of a preference.

I am not white, I am chinese so please don't call me racist !!!!
I'm presently studying Mandarin, and I assume you are a Mandarin speaker; (Ni shuo hanyu ma?) and one of the tell-tale signs of our grammatical differences is the ever prevalent run-on sentence which is common in Mandarin, and taboo in English. I say this because your grammar makes the point you wish to discuss very unclear. However, I believe your commentary is directed to "Meiguo heinan ren," but I might be mistaken.

Anyway, your ideas about the "lighter skinned negro came to be..." isn't exactly correct. Miscegenation did not originate in the Americas, but in Africa, most likely with 15th century Portuguese or Dutch traders having relations with Black Sub-Saharan women. Therefore your notion of "lighter skinned blacks" wouldn't occur "18 to 23 years later," is in correct. The social interaction between European males and indigenous women would result in bi-racial offspring months after making contact, not "18 to 23 years later." The "taboo" factor, whether in Europe or the Americas, was common to all involved not just for Black male/White female relations, so your idea is slightly skewed on that matter. It's also fair to say, not all Black men desired white women.

You're over generalizing the historical facts on this topic, which is common. History is like an onion, there are many layers/scales that cover the bulb of truth. Try to remember that Western history is as intricate as Chinese history.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post
I'm presently studying Mandarin, and I assume you are a Mandarin speaker; (Ni shuo hanyu ma?) and one of the tell-tale signs of our grammatical differences is the ever prevalent run-on sentence which is common in Mandarin, and taboo in English. I say this because your grammar makes the point you wish to discuss very unclear. However, I believe your commentary is directed to "Meiguo heinan ren," but I might be mistaken.

Anyway, your ideas about the "lighter skinned negro
Oh yeah, we're not called "negroes" anymore.

The NAACP dropped the "negro" and is now called The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. This includes all MINORITIES not just black.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 PM

51 posts, read 242,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post

Anyway, your ideas about the "lighter skinned negro came to be..." isn't exactly correct. Miscegenation did not originate in the Americas, but in Africa, most likely with 15th century Portuguese or Dutch traders having relations with Black Sub-Saharan women. Therefore your notion of "lighter skinned blacks" wouldn't occur "18 to 23 years later," is in correct. The social interaction between European males and indigenous women would result in bi-racial offspring months after making contact, not "18 to 23 years later." The "taboo" factor, whether in Europe or the Americas, was common to all involved not just for Black male/White female relations, so your idea is slightly skewed on that matter. It's also fair to say, not all Black men desired white women.

You're over generalizing the historical facts on this topic, which is common. History is like an onion, there are many layers/scales that cover the bulb of truth. Try to remember that Western history is as intricate as Chinese history.
There is no such phrase as:" mei guo hei nan ren " in Chinese, we call AA male " fei yi meiguo ren" or simply " hei gui"(which is highly offensive)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships