Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is blonde hair and blue eyes still viewed as the most attractive in American society today?
Yes, more attractive than any other type of hair and eye color combination 24 22.64%
Viewed as most attractive but that is slowly changing 8 7.55%
Not viewed as the MOST attractive but it is viewed as attractive 64 60.38%
It is not really viewed as attractive anymore 10 9.43%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I haven't either. And frankly, dolls rarely have dark hair....

And you notice on tv shows....the brunette is either bookish or mischievous or evil. The blond one is always a bombshell or sunny and perfect..... Hmm......

Is it any wonder people are fooled into thinking that "blondes have more fun"

If you pay too much attention to pop culture, you are left with low self-esteem.

At my high school, some of the "outsiders" (they were the goth kids. Goth was not allowed in the South) had this hilarious comic strip they drew and distributed amongst themselves. It was basically about vampires who killed off the blond preppie people. The characters were named after real people at school (the preppies were blond). It was actually pretty funny I thought. I am sure now they'd be sent to the guidance counselor because they are "at risk for bringing a gun to school."
You know, I'm fortunate because I come from a homogeneous nation and I have never thought of any of this while growing up, so I can't totally relate to it, but I think it's very sad...

As far as pop culture goes, I've always been baffled by Mexicans' love of their TV, which represents about 10% of the population! I can't say I know, but I'm fairly certain nobody talks about racism in Mexico and their TV is as racist as it gets!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Well honeslty, I think the blonde-blue combination as a physical appeal would broaden the spectrum of women that you can attract rather than brown brown. But I think it's much more advantageous when women have it. I also think that with men, dark hair/light eyes usually seems to be a strong attraction for a lot of women.
One big reason I think is that most natural blonds tend to darken when they reach age 20, and it's always been more acceptable for women to grab a bottle of bleach to keep themselves blonde whereas men were less inclined to do so and let their hair become brown.

A lot of very attractive blonde women are not completely natural blondes.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:10 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
but I'm fairly certain nobody talks about racism in Mexico and their TV is as racist as it gets!
Racist and RACY.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:11 PM

406 posts, read 770,793 times
Quote:
My 2 cousins have 2 each, so there was only 1 left for me, I guess, but I'm fine with it. Sometimes a little asymmetry is good.

I like cleft chins on most people! It's just like a dimple!
my daughter has only one dimple .... and her daughter has only one dimple

they're on opposite cheeks, so together they have a set. ha!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Racist and RACY.
That, too! Good-looking women there!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Personally, as a black woman, I am happy that a slightly broader range of "beautiful" is being accepted these days. We have a long way to go, but for someone like me, aspiring to be something impossible, would cause a lot cause a lot of low self-esteem.

Growing up, I didn't really take a lot of stock in trying to look like my dolls. And eventually I got a really cool handmade doll that was supposed to look like me, and be my own personal cabbage patch. She had black hair, brown skin and brown eyes!

I felt sorry for the girls who bought into that, I always thought it was better to find your own beauty and enhance whether than worry about some trend in beautiful, where the odds were, it wasn't going to look like you anyway.

Not everyone is going to have straight blond hair, and blue eyes. And Blondes tend to age the worst anyway. Better to have darker hair and coloring, you'll stay looking young forever.
I liked everything about this up until I read that you think blondes tend to age the worst .... but otherwise, I loved this.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterclinger View Post
I liked everything about this up until I read that you think blondes tend to age the worst .... but otherwise, I loved this.
I take it you're blonde. I'm not Black or blonde, but I also think blond women don't age the best.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterclinger View Post
Quote:
I take it you're blonde. I'm not Black or blonde, but I also think blond women don't age the best.
Being fair skinned makes it much harder to age well. Usually blondes are fairer. And of course, like everyone, your hair color changes a bit, and for lots of blondes there hair gets dull with age. Which is why all that blonde hair dye sells so well, you gotta reclaim the youthful luster. And you have to be extra diligent about sunscreen.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Brown hair Blue eyes. Though I love dark hair and Honey Brown eyes.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I'm blonde. My mom is too .... and she looks fantasic. I think we inherited good genes; I'm hoping I got them. I am often told that I don't look my age ... so I guess time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships