Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
What actually can women do for a man besides being a support system? Usually men do for women.
Be an independent individual but at the same time, make the man feel special. This means giving him a reason why she chose him through actions.

Since it won't be cooking nor giving him children in my case (and it's been a long while since I'm not a virgin), I'll either have to replace it with something else he will go crazy about or wait till my male counterpart finds me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM

541 posts, read 941,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Nowadays it's like the majority of men all suddenly trying to avoid marriage. I was going peeking through another forum and there were male poster talking about nothing but cons about getting married and how that is a living hell.

So I guess finding a marriage-minded man is like finding a needle in a haystack. Those posters were the typical studs that still wanted to play the fields or date endlessly for years.

The more I read those posts, the more it sucks. Very of the male poster have something good to say about it. Only 1-3 posters were marriage-oriented men on that forum.

but he would meet a girl that would be an exception to the rule. ( i call it the unexpected).. i knew a guy that never thought he would ever get married. but he is married now. i know alot of guy friends that expressed that they dont ever want to be married......but they got married before me. i am a girl.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
but he would meet a girl that would be an exception to the rule. ( i call it the unexpected).. i knew a guy that never thought he would ever get married. but he is married now. i know alot of guy friends that expressed that they dont ever want to be married......but they got married before me. i am a girl.
So it's about just finding the right one?? Though I'd just recently read a post about a man suddenly breaking up with his gf of 4 years for no reason other than ''the relationship becoming dull'' while the woman did nothing at all to deserve that and yes she end up crying.
Wow poor woman... 4 years for nothing.

I was thinking if I should focus on putting a time limit if I want a proposal. I sure don't want to spend 4+ years dating. That is too much and if by then they don't know if you're the right person then something is completely wrong in the relationship.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
So it's about just finding the right one?? Though I'd just recently read a post about a man suddenly breaking up with his gf of 4 years for no reason other than ''the relationship becoming dull'' while the woman did nothing at all to deserve that and yes she end up crying.
Wow poor woman... 4 years for nothing.

I was thinking if I should focus on putting a time limit if I want a proposal. I sure don't want to spend 4+ years dating. That is too much and if by then they don't know if you're the right person then something is completely wrong in the relationship.
4 years for nothing?

She must have been enjoying a lot of that 4 years -- she probably had fun times with him, did fun things with someone instead of alone -- so why was it for nothing?

If you're not going to have kids and don't need the man for his money, then what's 4 years or 8 years or 12 years?

Old 03-17-2012, 12:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Men looking for a wife, are particularly interested in the nurturing aspect of having a wife. I don't see anything that indicates a willingness to be nurturing. But you sound as if you would make an interesting mate for a guy that doesn't need that and doesn't want children. You sound more or less like a female counterpart to a confirmed bachelor, to be honest, though.
Not all men need and want a lot of nurturing. I think she'd be very good with a man who enjoys eating meals out and is accustomed to having maid service, and wants a wife who earns money and he also earns money and so they travel and enjoy doing things together.

I know plenty of childless couples. They seem to travel more and eat out more. A lot of men don't want a traditional family but still want marriage.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
any church member whose church has strong taboo for divorce however, aramaic orthodox comes strongest in mind. the bad news the women of that church rule with an iron fist ask any guy, u will stay married but not nec happily married.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:27 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
What actually can women do for a man besides being a support system? Usually men do for women.
As much as I do for a man I'm in love with or friends with--if he is unwilling to do for me, well that makes the relationship very one sided.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
4 years for nothing?

She must have been enjoying a lot of that 4 years -- she probably had fun times with him, did fun things with someone instead of alone -- so why was it for nothing?

If you're not going to have kids and don't need the man for his money, then what's 4 years or 8 years or 12 years?
Even if I don't want kids and don't need his money, I still want to find a man who will commit that I will live with for the rest of my life, share a house, help each other with the bills, travel together and freely let everyone know that we're husband and wife.

Yes she probably had fun with him but what next? She has to now start all over again with another man.

IMO there is a big difference between dating that can end anytime and marriage AKA making a life-term commitment. I want the later.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:11 PM

58 posts, read 127,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
wife material?
1. Hot and sexy but a virgin and somehow wild in bed with you.
2. From a super rich family with both parents passed away and left her with all the money and she does not want to sign any prenup with you.
3. Bisexual on the heterosexual side, she only loves you. Magically gets along with every woman you like. Totally open to bring other women into your life - as many as you want and she will support them all.
4. Loves kids as long as they are yours

did i miss anything?
lmao

Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,593 times
When you love her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships