Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,225 times

Advertisements

To all the men here saying it is a women's instinct to me maternal...I'm sure you also believe that it is a women's role to be care-takers as well correct (and that does not just mean children)? Teaching (k-12) and nursing is predominantly (and when I say predominately I mean almost entirely) a female profession.

Should we send all of these women home to nurture their maternal instinct? We'd all be SOL when we got sick and when our children need to be educated...but at least we wouldn't be feminist monsters, right?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Dont you people think that its natural for a mother to take care of her children? Do you not observe nature and see exact same scenario replicated by pretty much every species of living animals? Everyone has a free will and can do as they please, but mother not staying home to take care of her children, is the oddity here - not the other way around.
Part of taking care of your children is seeing to it that they are financially provided for, and not every situation is such that that can be best done with only one income. Earning a living to provide for your family does not equate "not caring for" your family. And there are plenty of women who are not employed who also do not do a particularly thorough job of caring for their families, for that matter.

There also isn't any reason that the role of "caretaker" should fall any more on the mother than the father, regardless of either's employment status. Why would the father be any less responsible for nurturing, providing for, and being actively involved in raising children?

For what it's worth, there are also various primate groups in the animal kingdom where the females join the males in hunting/gathering, and the offspring are taken care of by older females in the social group. The same "takes a village" model that is also employed by some tribal societies.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:05 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Part of taking care of your children is seeing to it that they are financially provided for, and not every situation is such that that can be best done with only one income. Earning a living to provide for your family does not equate "not caring for" your family. And there are plenty of women who are not employed who also do not do a particularly thorough job of caring for their families, for that matter.
After her divorce my sister's kids went to daycare, and she always felt like that was a positive experience for them. They were socialized, they learned how to share and play and make friends, and they never had the sort of separation anxiety issues about school that other kids had.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:10 PM

36,500 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Actualy that point stands. Out of millions of animal species there are very few where mother does not care for their offspring. In this instance, the exception proves the rule. The reason nature is brought into the conversation, is because some of you have completely lost their minds, and are completely out of touch with your role in this world.
Thats just nonsense. First, you can't compare humans to the lesser animals. Intellect and the opposable thumb sets us apart. And there are a great percentage of animals that dont take care of their young.

Most animals provide food, shelter and protection to their young offspring. Working parents take care of their young. They provide food, shelter and protection.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:13 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
After her divorce my sister's kids went to daycare, and she always felt like that was a positive experience for them. They were socialized, they learned how to share and play and make friends, and they never had the sort of separation anxiety issues about school that other kids had.
My kids got plenty of socialization and were prepared for going to school by going to preschool at our local public school. It was only a half-day, and free since its the public school, rather than paying through the nose for them to spend 9 hours a day in a daycare center. Plus the preschool has actual acredited teachers rather than low-wage daycare workers. Plus they were even more prepared for kindergarten, since the kindergarten rooms were right down the hall in the same school building as the preschool.

But I do understand how daycare becomes a necessity when the the 2 parents are not together. I just wish daycare would only be used by people when it is a necessity, rather than the norm that it has become, because too many people are too busy chasing the almighty dollar so they can keep up with the Joneses in the new subdivision, drive the latest SUV, and go on exotic vacations.

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 04-23-2012 at 12:23 PM..

Old 04-23-2012, 12:14 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
Sorry, i see alot of brainwashed people sharing opinions here. Fenminist movement has done a great job in destroying this civilization. I am blown away that some of you are denying maternal instincts. Absolutely mind numbing to me.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,225 times
Someone explain to me the animal defense...pretty sure all mothers in the wild (until their children are old enough) leave them in the nest, den, etc and go out for hours to hunt to provide for them...if that is your defense, how is that any different than a women leaving to go to work to provide for their children??

Old 04-23-2012, 12:18 PM

36,500 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Yeah right. The radical feminist movement looks down their noses at women who actually care for their children rather than leaving their kids in a daycare center. Its become programmed into people these days to look down at SAHMs as lazy and inferior. Its sad that a woman holding a 9-5 job is seen as more honorable than actually raising their own child. Mind you, I don't think it necessarily needs to be the mother home with the kids, if the mother is making more money, then dad should stay home with the kids.

Interesting that during WWII when women stepped up to work in the factories, leaving their children unattended or with others, no one blinked and eye and yelled feminist conspiracy to subvert biology.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:18 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
I would want my wife to have an education, a job, a skill, an income. I believe it is good for self-esteem, and there is the basic issue of being self-reliant and self-supporting should that ever become necessary due to death of a spouse, or divorce. I think a woman should be able to choose to stay home if there are children too young for school, and if family finances permit. Many will not choose this option if they also have a career they wish to pursue.

Being at home with kids can be very hard work, and very rewarding, but it is usually a temporary circumstance. I also think fathers should have the option to be the at-home parent, if the wife has the better career

Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,341,052 times
Quote:
Sorry, i see alot of brainwashed people sharing opinions here. Fenminist movement has done a great job in destroying this civilization. I am blown away that some of you are denying maternal instincts. Absolutely mind numbing to me.
How is civilization broken, and how greatly are you referring to it? The US? The West? Entire industrialized world?

But mainly this: Specifically how is civilization broken and what is the result of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships