U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM

43,994 posts, read 53,900,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And some of you, older ladies (Dew very much included), either have too much time on your hands or enjoy talking to walls for some incomprehensible to me reason! One would think you should know better than that, but you don't, evidently! There is only one good way to make BS go away - don't effing feed it!
Sometimes it's just hard to let ignorance stand unchallenged. But I'm done here now.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:25 AM

15,810 posts, read 8,015,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I've been called gay by Dewdrop and other things by others, you don't see them deleting those comments. Don't confuse disagreeing with insulting.
When did I call you gay? I don't think you are gay. I think you are jealous of women but I don't think you are gay. Someone else called you gay - but it wasn't me. Not that I recall anyway.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM

10,922 posts, read 10,712,227 times
Well I stepped out for Lunch and Dew and Loves pretty much beat me to it, but you know that wont stop me.

Quote:
Get real and tell me to how many places a day you have to drive a toddler. If there is a meal that may take a bit longer is the dinner, not all the meals of the days, besides, the husband is out for half of the day really. And not all house chores are done in a daily basis as another female poster or two agreed in this thread. I am not surprised no woman argued with her.

I dont go to a gyno to get my teeth cleaned and I dont go to the dentist to get my oil changed so Your opinions on this are laughable. Just FYI, there are a few years between toddler and teen with a DL and their own car. Your response is not relevant to the fact that maids dont do these other things and if one had to pay to have it done they would have to go to multiple sources or pay more than 25/yr.

Quote:
Sure, SAH do things here and there, but nobody defends what the husband’s do to keep a roof over the wife’s head, food on the table, clothing, basic luxuries, bills paid, education for the children, etc. As for the chores you mentioned.
Whats there to defend. No one is making small of working outside the home. Most all of us have or do work and do the things you state husbands do. So we know what it is to have a job. How sweet to be out of the house only half and day and not have to do anything else.

Quote:
Bills paid…in the USA most bills can be paid automatically each month without anybody breaking a sweat. Still, if you had to write a check, all it takes is less than 30 seconds to write that check, write a note on your check book, and drop it off at your mail box outside. Laundry…you don’t do laundry every single day of the week. Besides, you can throw the laundry in the washing machine while you take care of another house chore. It’s called time management. Or you can drop it in the washing machine while you go watch Ellen or some other women show in the morning. All this is done in the comfort of your own house at your very own pace without having a boss checking you over your shoulder, time lines, threat of losing your job if you don’t perform well enough, etc.

Maybe you can manage your bills and accounts and family finances that easily....Who knew. All this time I thought accounts had a complicated job. If I had known it would have been that easy I would have stayed in accounting. Again, your opinion on how often laundry is done or how long it takes to run a home has no value. See above.

Quote:
If the courts award a woman with half of what a man made, the house, etc.
Stop right there. See there is your problem. Now go back and read divorce law. No where do the courts award a woman half what a man makes. Again, why would I take your opinion, a man never married and never divorced who wont even quote actual divorce procedures.

Quote:
Come on, imagine you start a business and your partner doesn’t invest zilch but that partner cleans your office, makes sure there is coffee, dust offs the desks here and there, etc. Business goes bad and that partner’s job is valued so much that the partner is awarded half of the money that was generated with your business. How’s that? For argument's sake you might say it is totally fine, right?
Comprehension. I did take a few semesters of accounting. Read up a bit on forming and dissolving partnerships. Partnerships. Marriage is a partnership, yes. Connect the dots. So, yes, exactly.

I think a few ppl suggested a ways back that if you cant except this, dont marry.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM

4,979 posts, read 2,680,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
When did I call you gay? I don't think you are gay. I think you are jealous of women but I don't think you are gay. Someone else called you gay - but it wasn't me. Not that I recall anyway.
Something about me maybe liking men or something like that, you don't remember? Or your typical jabs "You must be single" No mod did a peep about it. If I directed a jab and/or an insult at you, believe me, they would have done something about it.

Jealous, no, I just have my preference like you guys. So all the women who say something about the type of women I like mean they are jealous? Nope, they just have their views and that's how I see it. Let's carry on...

Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 AM

10,922 posts, read 10,712,227 times
Quote:
And some of you, older ladies (Dew very much included), either have too much time on your hands or enjoy talking to walls for some incomprehensible to me reason! One would think you should know better than that, but you don't, evidently! There is only one good way to make BS go away - don't effing feed it!
You are absolutely right. I do have too much time on my hands and Im just in an argumentative mood. But alas, some work just landed on my desk so Im out for awhile.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 AM

4,979 posts, read 2,680,225 times
For the women who stay home (with or without children) who have participated in these kinds of threads and said that staying at home can be such an excruciating job, interesting how those women spend hours in the forum just fine.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 AM

8,857 posts, read 10,676,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
The "ladies of leisure" thread got me thinking about the breadwinner husbands in the deal where they work to support the entire family and the wife stays home to raise kids and tend to the home.

I didn't grow up in an environment where this was common and grew up thinking both parents were supposed to work and when I was older and heard of the SAHM concept, I thought it was odd; to have one parent work and pay for everything. I've since opened up and better understand but I still wonder sometimes if the husband ever feels some resentment from having to shoulder the full financial burden. I know I'm the breadwinner in the family (as well as the chief financial officer) and I don't care for it. I don't like the pressure of knowing that without my paycheck, we would not have a home.

So for the men, if you earned enough to support an entire family, would you prefer your wife to stay home? What about when the kids are school-aged? Are there any men who would prefer their wives to work and help with finances?

Just curious.
It wouldn't matter to me one way or the other. If she wanted to stay home and do the bulk of the housekeeping, cooking, cleaning, and child-rearing and that's what makes her happy, then by all means I'm all for it. If, she wants to work full or part time, whether to contribute financially or just to have her own spending money and some sort of social outlet outside of the home, that's fine too. Nothing wrong with having options.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM

455 posts, read 279,705 times
Quote:
For the women who stay home (with or without children) who have participated in these kinds of threads and said that staying at home can be such an excruciating job, interesting how those women spend hours in the forum just fine.
It's not an excruciating job. However, until you have kids, there is no way you can understand what it's like to be home with young children all day. Your memories of shared chores are probably idealistic (like most memories) and you were old enough to remember them. You probably have no memory of being a 3 year old leaving trails of toys from one end of the house to the other while your mom does the breakfast dishes. You also likely do not remember that your mother spent hours instilling the value of cleaning up after yourself at that age. So the 2 minutes it would have taken her to clean up your mess now took 45 minutes of time-outs, repeated reminders, and a whole lot of BS to get you to do it. She did it because she knew you needed to learn responsibility but it sure took her a whole not longer. Now multiply that 45 minutes by 5 or 6 times a day. That's just for one kid so do the math again for additional children. If you're home in the house all day, it gets messy. The kitchen needs to be cleaned after 3 meals and a few snacks. It's just exponential. Working moms can leave the house clean (if they have the chance) and then come home to the house the way they left it. I'm not saying that it's easier to be a working mom. I know it's not any easier. It's just different in terms of challenges. A working mom has been known to say that they do all the things I do every day while also working 8 hours. That's simply not true.

Oh yes, and I do have moments of free time here and there when the older is busy playing and the younger is napping. I could be doing some cleaning (actually sick with a cold right now) but since housework is never done, I don't always kill myself trying to complete it. Everyone deserves a few minutes of down time. Don't they? I see many of you working people manage to get on the computer during the day (presumably at work). So a few moments of stolen leisure is not a foreign concept for most.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM

14,622 posts, read 7,679,156 times
Quote:
Wish I could rep you Sierra! I'm done with this one but it makes for good entertainment to kill a few minutes before I head out for the day.

I "stay home" but because of all the stuff I've got to get done today, I won't be home until 8:00pm. Hopefully this thread will still be here later on today...I'll need some entertainment and downtime!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 AM

15,810 posts, read 8,015,194 times
Quote:
Last post - I promise, Sierra! After this I'm not even going to look in this thread again.

My computer is in the kitchen. We have an open kitchen, dining, family room set up. After I wake up, breastfeed my little one, change him, pump, and take the dog out - I turn on the computer and put my little guy in is saucer. I check my email and do some posting. Then I get our breakfasts ready. We eat our breakfast then I put him on the floor so he can crawl around and explore. Then I clean the dishes - 3 bowls, 3 spoons, a storage container that my oatmeal was in, a glass, and all the pump equipment. Then I changed his diaper again and changed his clothes because he had pooped through his clothes! Then I let him roam around again while trying to keep him away from the dog who he likes to grab. Then he started getting fussy so I put him down for his nap in his car seat - he loves to sleep in his car seat. Then I took him down to the basement with me while I ran for 25 minutes on the treadmill. Then I brought him back upstairs and called the hotel I'll be staying at this weekend to make sure of some details. Then I breastfed him again, changed his diaper, and put him back in his saucer. Then I'll take a shower, feed us again, then go on a walk for a half hour to an hour with the little guy and the dog. Hopefully my little guy will be in a happy enough mood for me to take him to the grocery store with me later. I leave the computer on all day and so after I do something - I check on things and leave a post or two. It's a nice way to feel like I'm having interaction with people during my day. Needless to say - I don't park myself in front of the computer all day and just sit here and post. I don't have the time for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships